Page 22 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because mobs get progressively harder. Think of it as the Cataclysm content, where difficulty started spiking later on.

Either way, they just need to tweak things like Chi Wave prioritizing you for healing bounces,etc. And they need to change that useless dodge % artifact talent into a flat % damage taken decrease just like other classes have. Also doesn't help our artifact healing is tied to burning our transcendence cooldown instead of on some more natural spell that doesn't disrupt rotation/placement as much.

I also want my Zen Meditation back ;(

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Just unlocked Tornado Kicks on the beta. For the curious, it behaves exactly as advertised: The second RSK does exactly 100% of the damage of the first at all times and is not a seperate damage roll. If the first RSK crits, the second crits and they always deal equal damage. It also does not upset your Hit Combo stacks.
    Thanks for the info. I'll see about updating SimC later with that change. I originally was thinking it was similar to the monk trinket were it rolled a second RSK with it's own damage variance. I haven't done much leveling in Alpha recently so I haven't gotten around to testing the artifact system yet. If at all possible, could you do a quick test on the target dummy? Do "/combatlog" and just spam Tiger Palm and Rising Sun Kick? Just want to confirm a few things. If you want just copy the file into a dropbox or some place I can take a look at the logs.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2016-01-28 at 08:31 PM.

I noticed that your clones dont seem to get a 2nd rising sun kick but that might be intended

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel-Monk View Post
    I noticed that your clones dont seem to get a 2nd rising sun kick but that might be intended
    If that is intended, then SEF will be DPS loss for 2 targets, instead of 0%/slight increase from AA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    That's super strange. I've literally never used food on my monk... Even when we had Vivify at 0% spellpower scaling, healing elixirs and chi wave were always far more than enough to keep me going-- and then I got the talent that makes Touch of Karma heal you for all damage taken, at which point I became an immortal god.
    You have a trait on the artifact, When you use Karma Touch you are healed for the amount absorb. Use karma time to time and u don't need any pause, abuse this on the rare cause they hit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel-Monk View Post
    I confirme this, just one hit for each RSK from SEF. I am really sad if it's intended. i hope for a bug cause if nothing from our artefact if take into account when we SEF i will just rage vs rogue outlaw and the random "push one button get insane aoe",

if you can try to check Hina if it's a bug or not, i think you have some contact with blizz don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindra View Post
    You have a trait on the artifact, When you use Karma Touch you are healed for the amount absorb. Use karma time to time and u don't need any pause, abuse this on the rare cause they hit harder.
    I know. And once I got to that point, there was literally no reason to ever stop pulling-- even less than there was when Healing Elixirs and Chi Wave were carrying me. Sure, I was hovering around 40% health all the time but it's not like anything would 1-shot that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll see about updating SimC later with that change. I originally was thinking it was similar to the monk trinket were it rolled a second RSK with it's own damage variance. I haven't done much leveling in Alpha recently so I haven't gotten around to testing the artifact system yet. If at all possible, could you do a quick test on the target dummy? Do "/combatlog" and just spam Tiger Palm and Rising Sun Kick? Just want to confirm a few things. If you want just copy the file into a dropbox or some place I can take a look at the logs.
    Looks like I was a bit wrong. They seem to be critting independently, and there's occasionally some one-damage fluctuations in their damage rolls. As in, the first hits for 126,954 and the second hits for 126,953. Weird as fuck but probably not significant. Probably a rounding thing.

Anyway, here's a really short combat log.

Ilevel 778, character level 108.
    3653 Strength
    14,758 Agility
    6080 Intellect
    15,608 Stam

24.20% crit (2853 rating)
    18.20% Haste (5131 rating)
    24.49% Mastery (3593 rating)
    0 Vers

Weapons are ilevel 790 with 3 ranks in Fists of the Wind, 1 rank in Good Karma, 3 ranks in Rising Winds, 1 rank in Tornado Kicks, 1 rank in Power of a Thousand Cranes. Additionally my relics grand me one additional rank in Fists of the Wind, and one additional rank in Rising Winds.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    yea... this could be interesting to set up in simc

a) Spell ID for the Tornado Kick's Rising Sun Kick is 185099; which is the same ID used for the Windwalker Trinket (I guessed that correctly)

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=185099/rising-sun-kick

b) The talent uses 100% of the base (non-crit) damage done from the original

c) Crit is independent between the two

_1) Original: 119901; Tornado Kick: 119901
    _2) Original: 122251; Tornado kick: 244503
    _3) Original: 249205; Tornado Kick: 124603

If it was either sending the the full value (including crit value) or an independant proc (similar to WW trinket) then it wouldn't have been so bad. But sending over the non-crit damage could be tricky and I need some of the other SimC coders help with. But hopefully not a big issue.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2016-01-29 at 01:53 AM.

Deleted
    With tornado kick, does RSK is over FoF in priority order?

No FoF would still hit harder

Deleted
    There's also the other perk, that boosts FoF dmg, so if RSK would be higher on the priority, maybe just for the time before you get to that other perk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    There's also the other perk, that boosts FoF dmg, so if RSK would be higher on the priority, maybe just for the time before you get to that other perk.
    In practice, a double-RSK hits a bit more than 2/3rds as hard as FOF. Higher damage per chi. It also does about double the damage of Strike of the Skylord.

Edit: Bearing in mind that I've maxed out both the increases FOF and increased RSK damage, but not Transfer the Power or Crosswinds.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    In practice, a double-RSK hits a bit more than 2/3rds as hard as FOF. Higher damage per chi. It also does about double the damage of Strike of the Skylord.

Edit: Bearing in mind that I've maxed out both the increases FOF and increased RSK damage, but not Transfer the Power or Crosswinds.
    Is Strike of the Skylord intended to be such a shit spell? Because most of the other spec artifact attacks are pretty much highest priority.

crosswinds is decent its about a 100k increase on each fof(not taking into account how the damage scales if its off Damage done by FoF or has its own attack power ratio i didnt really test it out much besides 1 boss in 1 dungeon). FoF will still be our hardest hitting spell at end game(this takes into account transfer of power). Rsk is definitely going to be use on cd spell would have to test it out but it might be ok to delay FoF if you can jab>blackout>rsk>fof that way you can get even more into transfer of power assuming that you arent alrdy at max stacks. The obvious play is to make sure transfer of power is at max stacks before FoF comes off cd use immediatly then move into generating transfer stacks again/pooling for a dps window E.X being serenity with TOD(Gale).

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Is Strike of the Skylord intended to be such a shit spell? Because most of the other spec artifact attacks are pretty much highest priority.
    Wont know till they actually get to the number toning portion of balancing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by praisekippi View Post
    crosswinds is decent its about a 100k increase on each fof(not taking into account how the damage scales if its off Damage done by FoF or has its own attack power ratio i didnt really test it out much besides 1 boss in 1 dungeon). FoF will still be our hardest hitting spell at end game(this takes into account transfer of power). Rsk is definitely going to be use on cd spell would have to test it out but it might be ok to delay FoF if you can jab>blackout>rsk>fof that way you can get even more into transfer of power assuming that you arent alrdy at max stacks. The obvious play is to make sure transfer of power is at max stacks before FoF comes off cd use immediatly then move into generating transfer stacks again/pooling for a dps window E.X being serenity with TOD(Gale).

Wont know till they actually get to the number toning portion of balancing
    Two questions

a) What is the max stack of Transfer the Power? i was not able to locate that value in SimC's spell database (nor Wowhead). Also, what is the current "duration" of the buff. Again not in any database.

b) Do you have logs of Crosswinds?
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2016-01-29 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post
    DK talent system?
    http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#Y

Click around on the frost blood and unholy ones, they are ALL different, compare that to other classes (monks rogues etc) well only some talents differ, and it is pretty minor, they are working on the mages this patch and said the next one would be for shamans and shit.

Monks have minor differences with one or two talents being different from one or two specs, rogues have the same. All 3 talents in a row will (hopefully) be different to align with that spec.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2016-01-29 at 04:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I was given some logs concerning Crosswinds. There are some very weird rules with this ability....

a) The datamining indicates that it is a 4 second duration with each tick taking place every 500 milliseconds (meaning up to 8 ticks). However observed, only 5 ticks take place (over the course of ~2.5 seconds)

b) the first tick doesn't take place until after the second tick of Fists of Fury.

c) The damage portion is:

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=196061/crosswinds

Which I actually had correct from before. This build finally added AP-Coefficient to the spell (100% AP per tick; or 500% AP over the course of the buff). However due to warcraftlog's AP estimates, I cannot confirm the damage values (the difference between the AP estimate and the damage done at one point was 120% AP).

Edit:

On second look, it actually appears that Crosswinds is triggering after the first tick of FoF. However, Crosswinds does not have a zero tick; which is what I was guessing. Timing wise it would make sense, since with haste, FoF's second tick would tick JUST BEFORE unhasted Crosswinds' would first tick.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2016-01-30 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone on the Alpha not playing a Draenei (male/female) or Pandaren (male)? Or does but have played something that's not them?

Do the above combinations (still) have a different FoF sound than the other races?

As a windwalker player I thought I would comment here in this discussion:

I am looking forward to windwalker in Legion. I am going to miss Expel harm and Chi brew. I assume those abilities are being removed for windwalker in Legion. So the only way I can generate chi in Legion is to hit them with my Tiger Palm (WoD's Jab and WoD's Tiger Palm has been combined)? In the arena, I always open with a Hurricane Strike by generating chi first with Expel Harm and Chi brew.

Here is what I plan on doing as my opener, in the arena, come Legion:

- Paralyze him.
    - Put a Hamstring on him.
    - Tiger palm twice for 4 chi.
    - Pop burst macro.
    - Fists of fury.
    - Then just as the fists of fury stun ends, Leg sweep him.
    - Tiger palm while he is leg sweeped.
    - Rising Sun Kick (RSK)!!!
    - And end with a Hurricane Strike (now renamed Spinning Dragon Strike)!

I think that's a good opener and will do some pretty good damage (burst). I just hope they didn't nerf my Hurricane strike damage lol. It hits like a truck!

Fists of Fury, RSK, and Spinning Dragon Strake (hurricane strike) are my big heavy-hitters.

Spinning Dragon Strike can only be used when FoFury and RSK are on cooldown.

But I am also really excited for DOUBLE FLYING SERPENT KICKS with the new Double Dragon PvP talent. That is going to be so much fun!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaarrllee3000 View Post
    But I am also really excited for DOUBLE FLYING SERPENT KICKS with the new Double Dragon PvP talent. That is going to be so much fun!!!
    And also the fact, that you can steer your FSK, it's pretty insane.

Quote Originally Posted by chaarrllee3000 View Post
    As a windwalker player I thought I would comment here in this discussion:

I am looking forward to windwalker in Legion. I am going to miss Expel harm and Chi brew. I assume those abilities are being removed for windwalker in Legion. So the only way I can generate chi in Legion is to hit them with my Tiger Palm (WoD's Jab and WoD's Tiger Palm has been combined)? In the arena, I always open with a Hurricane Strike by generating chi first with Expel Harm and Chi brew.

Here is what I plan on doing as my opener, in the arena, come Legion:

- Paralyze him.
    - Put a Hamstring on him.
    - Tiger palm twice for 4 chi.
    - Pop burst macro.
    - Fists of fury.
    - Then just as the fists of fury stun ends, Leg sweep him.
    - Tiger palm while he is leg sweeped.
    - Rising Sun Kick (RSK)!!!
    - And end with a Hurricane Strike (now renamed Spinning Dragon Strike)!

I think that's a good opener and will do some pretty good damage (burst). I just hope they didn't nerf my Hurricane strike damage lol. It hits like a truck!

Fists of Fury, RSK, and Spinning Dragon Strake (hurricane strike) are my big heavy-hitters.

Spinning Dragon Strike can only be used when FoFury and RSK are on cooldown.

Tiger palm gives one chi in legion At least according to the tooltip and wowheads data.