Thread: Rerolling?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rerolling?

Been a DK since late wrath, was hoping Legion would breath some life back into the class. Based on alpha so far they dumbed down the class even more, and just updated some visuals. I will be rerolling to a warrior for legion, I never rerolled before because I had hope.. but now that hope is gone. Anyone else planning to leave behind their dk? and what class you going to? (this is not a dk flame thread just curious who is rerolling and to what)

I might be changing just because I'm tired of being melee. I love melee, it's fun to play, but it's horrible in raids. I don't mind it in pvp, it's just a real pain trying to do raids and dungeons as melee because I'm either doing nothing but standing in the same place (which is boring) or I'm an overall negative compared to replacing me with ranged.

I'm also interested in Demon Hunters because mobility. They're reducing our already horrible mobility and it just pains to be a DK DPS in raids. It's not fun anymore, it's frustrating. I get yelled at either for screwing up otherwise easy mechanics because Death's Advance sucks or because I'm last to get to the fight. It's bullshit.

I dunno, I will probably main my monk because it is going to be reaction-sensitive, time-of-the-essence spec to play, with some pretty hard rotational management — something they are taking away from unholies with rune color and BT removal. That is not to mention mobility issues, because I tell you, DKs will die twice as frequently to AoE mechanics in PvE because unlike monks or rogues or pallies or warriors they WILL NOT be able to jump/roll/teleport/sprint out of shit quickly.

Personally done with DKs. Play my Ironey religiously since Cata, all was well until 5.2. Things started becoming a bit more meh in 5.4, though it was still fun. 6.0 finished off the spec for good. And dispite what everyone had hoped, Blizzard has no intention on fixing Blood in legion. Look how long it's been since they fixed Frost. Exactly. Never. It's exactly the same 3 button spam it was since early Cata. Blood is following in its footsteps.

Unholy still looks vaguely interesting, so I'll level my dk and probably keep some gear on it. But I'm pretty much guarenteed to go DH or Monk now. I lost the will to live the minute they made blood's only RP dump death coil -.-
    "It's those tears of rage making it harder for you to see." - Warstar [March 2016]
    Soloing Discord
    DH

Deleted
    How is it dumbed down?

Deleted
    going from druid tank to warrior tank

Deleted
    Nah I wont, I have been playing a warrior since vanilla then I went to a dk and have never had so much fun in the game, once a dk you never go back I find it so much fun to be able to control stuff with death grip most of all in battlegrounds.

It's to early to tell at the moment. The talents are unfinished and could easily change and make the class a little more complex to play (think BoS or NP they both change things up).

I will be keeping my Death Knight but it will be a main alt, but will be going Demon Hunter for my main. This is not because I dislike the way the Death Knight looks but because the Demon Hunter is a class that I have wanted in the game for some time. Also I have been playing a Death Knight for so long now i just need a change things are getting rather stale.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2015-12-06 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    It's to early to tell at the moment. The talents are unfinished and could easily change and make the class a little more complex to play (think BoS or NP they both change things up).

I will be keeping my Death Knight but it will be a main alt, but will be going Demon Hunter for my main. This is not because I dislike the way the Death Knight looks but because the Demon Hunter is a class that I have wanted in the game for some time. Also I have been playing a Death Knight for so long now i just need a change things are getting rather stale.
    I thought about rerolling to a dh too but idk new classes tend to go through a fuckery of changes. Always make them over powered and then nerf them to shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I will be rerolling to a warrior for legion, I never rerolled before. Anyone else planning to leave behind their dk? and what class you going to?)
    If you wanted this thread not to be about click baiting DK change hating then you should have simply wrote what I quoted. This is now a thread on how much ppl hate the DK changes

When I initially heard about the 1 rune thing I was very strongly considering rerolling, but I thought "totally based on how it all plays out and looks/feels". It looks and plays a lot better then I expected as well as Unholy being worked into something really awesome, so I won't be switching.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Been a DK since late wrath, was hoping Legion would breath some life back into the class. Based on alpha so far they dumbed down the class even more, and just updated some visuals. I will be rerolling to a warrior for legion, I never rerolled before because I had hope.. but now that hope is gone. Anyone else planning to leave behind their dk? and what class you going to? (this is not a dk flame thread just curious who is rerolling and to what)
    None of the specs have been dumbed down. They will all be more interactive and one can chose to increase or decrease complexity to suit their tastes. Reconsider the implications of the rune change and if you understand the class at all you will realize that it makes the class more complex, not less.

Anyway I will not be rerolling. I took the entire expansion off from mythic progression raiding and I am looking forward to getting back into it in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    If you wanted this thread not to be about click baiting DK change hating then you should have simply wrote what I quoted. This is now a thread on how much ppl hate the DK changes
    So far this thread has been civil and people are sharing who are or not rerolling

Deleted
    so far most things for unholy are a step backwards, so unless there are big changes coming in the later builds rerolling might be in order

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    so far most things for unholy are a step backwards, so unless there are big changes coming in the later builds rerolling might be in order
    What do you consider a step backwards?

Surely the AOE situation will change, so I don't think its worth worrying about that.

Deleted
    Less mobility
    Deathpact and purg on same row leads to less suitability
    New outbreak disease spreading is bad compared to current bloodboil
    Aoe going to be balanced around a stationary zone you need to stand in
    More %of damage shifted onto pets that typically have shitty AI (just a tuning thing so far but by judging at the amount of pets/guardians its looking that way)

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    Deathpact and purg on same row leads to less suitability
    All the other stuff is subject to change but this is the one thing you're just plain off about. We have more survivability from talents in our artifacts, and combined with DS costing runic power now it won't be as jarring to use. Runes generally feel "worse" to use a non main rotational ability on, so having DS cost runic for dps will be a massively good change.

Deleted
    after playing a bit of alpha (got both dk and dh to 104) i honestly don't see how anyone can play dk instead of dh

i'm not interested in rerolling (99% sure I won't play at all) but it's night and day, new rune system is *****, dks feel sluggish and very slow at best

I've mained my DK since Wrath. I will never reroll. Even if the class gets gutted to the point where it only requires one button to play, I'd still play it.

I was set on playing DH until I saw some of the artifact runes for lock. Now I am considering rolling back to lock from hunter.