Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    If you raid mythic i would assume you would want to everything you can to push further as a team, i mean how do you feel if you see a mage playing frost while arcane is miles ahead and you guys are lacking dps, and the response you get from the guy is "cba", this is you playing frost DK simple as that, you are gimping your raids progress. no one gives 2 shits what you play on farm.
    But what is "best for the team" is almost always going to mean playing a warlock or mage, so where do you draw the line? The difference on what is an acceptable diversion from what one individual finds fun in comparison to another is going to be variable. For you, it may be too much of a stretch to play an entirely different character to "help the team", but for others, playing a spec they really despise may be just as much of a stretch. This is still a leisure activity, and I'd be damned if I'm going to do something I don't enjoy when the entire point is entertainment. If the choice between a kill taking 60 seconds longer vs not even wanting to play...

Quote Originally Posted by Justmintpal View Post
    Is Frost competative at all at the moment or is it Unholy all the way?

Also, I have a question about Necrotic Plague as frost, when do you use Plague Leech? Before it ends or just when you apply it after spending 2 runes?
    One of my highest dpsers in raid is frost....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    One of my highest dpsers in raid is frost....
    Clearly there are no big dps'ers in that raid.

It is kind of true. If what is best for the raid is always most important I suggest rolling ranged classes.

Deleted
    I like the top unholy parse on reaver mythic. 200k odd dps and he only beats both tanks.

Bliz certainly have their finger on the pulse of dps balancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I like the top unholy parse on reaver mythic. 200k odd dps and he only beats both tanks.

Bliz certainly have their finger on the pulse of dps balancing.
    yeh cos the fight's were obviously designed to last 40s and only count starting burst. 4Head

Deleted
    If you raid mythic i would assume you would want to everything you can to push further as a team, i mean how do you feel if you see a mage playing frost while arcane is miles ahead and you guys are lacking dps, and the response you get from the guy is "cba", this is you playing frost DK simple as that, you are gimping your raids progress. no one gives 2 shits what you play on farm.
    Sounds like a rogue I raid with, won't play Sub because he doesn't "like it" when we're progressing M Archimonde.

Deleted
    yeh cos the fight's were obviously designed to last 40s and only count starting burst. 4Head
    I mention it as it exaggerates balance issues. It might be the best way to highlight them.

Just waiting for Arcane Deathknight spec to be announced for Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I mention it as it exaggerates balance issues. It might be the best way to highlight them.

Just waiting for Arcane Deathknight spec to be announced for Legion...
    What matters is DPS during progression, where DKs don't completely suck and are actually useful for doing damage.

While it's true Blizzard has failed to dial down Warlock/Mage/Sub Rogue scaling, its at the end of the tier. You're already done with progression, so why does whatever you see on the meters matter unless your guild is working for speed kill ranking?