Thread: Gearing for PvE

Gearing for PvE

Hello, i am thinking of coming back to play some PvE content(the last time i did was in wotlk) i want to play a disc priest, so if you can answer a few general questions:

-How long does it take to get ready for real raiding?(not just afk lfr)
    -Do i need to use any garrison crap to gear? i have zero interested in anything garrison related
    -How long is the queue for heales in dungeons?
    -How desired are disc priests in regular guilds?

• Depends how hard you work at it. Probably a couple weeks of hitting these pretty hard to be around 700 avg ilvl.
      705 Kazzak gear
      715 crafted gear (x3)
      650-695 (Empowered) Baleful
      685-725 Heroic dungeon gear
    • Bunker can help give you an extra coin every week for free, but otherwise not really.
    • Pretty short, though tank queue is still shorter on avg. that I've seen.
    • Disc is very desired, problem is most people already have their Disc Priest.

Deleted
    You are pretty much forced to PvP random BGs or whatever for full ilvl 700 gearset, which is pure torture as Horde in my opinion. It's unbelievably stupid that the fastest way to gear for PvE is by doing PvP. You can get a full set of ilvl 700 in about 1 day doing this if you go at it for long enough, much faster if you are Alliance because then you might actually win more than 1/4 of BGs. Some raid leaders will not allow pvp geared players into their normal HFC pugs though, which is pretty lame as well.

If you don't want to PvP it'll take a few weeks of HFC LFR, apexis dailies, Kazzak, Tanaan grinding for Baleful gear... The entry barrier is very high because Mythic dungeon groups tend to ask something crazy like ilvl 690-700, as will most normal HFC pugs. If you go for it via PvE, look to grind for at least 2-3 weeks.

The legendary questline also is horrible for new characters, my "Pre-Legendary" Ring has been the lowest ilvl piece on my priest for the longest time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    You are pretty much forced to PvP random BGs or whatever for full ilvl 700 gearset, which is pure torture as Horde in my opinion. It's unbelievably stupid that the fastest way to gear for PvE is by doing PvP. You can get a full set of ilvl 700 in about 1 day doing this if you go at it for long enough, much faster if you are Alliance because then you might actually win more than 1/4 of BGs. Some raid leaders will not allow pvp geared players into their normal HFC pugs though, which is pretty lame as well.

If you don't want to PvP it'll take a few weeks of HFC LFR, apexis dailies, Kazzak, Tanaan grinding for Baleful gear... The entry barrier is very high because Mythic dungeon groups tend to ask something crazy like ilvl 690-700, as will most normal HFC pugs. If you go for it via PvE, look to grind for at least 2-3 weeks.

The legendary questline also is horrible for new characters, my "Pre-Legendary" Ring has been the lowest ilvl piece on my priest for the longest time.
    Win rates for BG's should be relatively even now that you can do 'Mercinary' mode and pick your faction for faster BG queues

Get baleful gear and do mythic dungeons every week (start your own group, as you're most likely declined with low ilvl), join a casual raiding guild, that clears normal HFC.

As for if garrisons are needed. Yes, they are. Lvl 3 shipyard is required for the last step of the legendary ring, plus they give you a piece of gear every 2 weeks. If you're not far along with your ring, You'll get the items needed for the ring upgrades like twice a week from shipyard too. Additionally, you can farm apexis for ring progress in Tanaan once per week.

Once you've finished the brf part of the ring and did some ids in that casual guild, your gear should be enough for heroic HFC. Its requirements are almost the same with normal HFC (pug ilvl reqs that is). If you're done with your legendary ring, you may try to apply to a mythic guild (forums and b.net connections help a lot).
    And don't forget to upgrade your heroic pieces with Valor for 10 extra ilvls. You can farm up to almost 5k Valor points per week.

Disc priests are very desired in raids. Every heroic and mythic raid group should have one, if they're not facerolling over bosses. But few guilds ever have more than 1.
    Last edited by ceall; 2015-12-08 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Hello, i am thinking of coming back to play some PvE content(the last time i did was in wotlk) i want to play a disc priest, so if you can answer a few general questions:

-How long does it take to get ready for real raiding?(not just afk lfr)
    -Do i need to use any garrison crap to gear? i have zero interested in anything garrison related
    -How long is the queue for heales in dungeons?
    -How desired are disc priests in regular guilds?
    - 2-3 weeks for PvE, 1-2 days by grinding for that sweet sweet honor gear
    - Yes and no. Garrison takes 5 minutes out of your day along with your shipyard
    - Depends but usually only 2-3 minutes. If you have a tank buddy you can get instant queues
    - Almost mandatory for progression. It can be done without but significantly easier to have a disc priest in group.

Deleted
    (eu) my healer gets to wait in queue around /less than 1min for dungeons and around 5 min top for LFR.
    But I would recommend doing pvp to gear up (if alliance) and if you are horde you should stick to ashran pvp.