The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

CPU AIO Coolers - The best of the best?

Alright folks, I might finally be getting sold on CPU AIO heatsinks and I am wondering if any of you have found what could be the best. I'm terrified of going custom liquid cooling - both because scared of putting it together and leaks - and the price tag!

My Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo does more than well enough, keeping the CPU under 70 Celsius, but going AIO perhaps sometime, would allow me to not need to worry about RAM stick size. Noise isn't an issue because I have a sound-proofed case. I'm looking for the absolute best AIO solution that would keep it the coolest possible.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    You will appreciate air coolers, even with your case, untill you change those aio fans
    If money aint a problem i would look at Swiftech 240X (or 220X) or Thermaltake water 3.0 ultimate (360).
    What was your case again? Wasn't it a FD R4/R5?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fractal Design Define R4.

I'd need to figure out somewhere else to put it though, or somewhere else for my hard drives to go. =X

I don't know if there's room in the front with the HDD cage there too.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    You'll place it at the top man, the hdd case sits down front, unless you using the top one as well. You got an od there?

- - - Updated - - -

You can always use that probably forgotten mid drive cage too

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I can use the top. Was kind of hoping to keep that all blocked off and sound-proofed. Maybe I'll look up some builds with this case and how they handled it.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Try look into
    http://www.amazon.com/EKWB-EK-XLC-Pr...b+predator+240

There is a 360 model as well which can have prefilled waterblocks added on if you go to the EKWB website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Try look into
    http://www.amazon.com/EKWB-EK-XLC-Pr...b+predator+240

There is a 360 model as well which can have prefilled waterblocks added on if you go to the EKWB website.
    Will that all fit? O_o Seems... big. But it also looks wonderful. I WOULD love to go EK, as they specialize in this, over most of the other brands.
    "A flower.

I dunno, people worry about RAM size alot, but my Corsair Vengeance sits underneath my NH-D14 just fine. I had to remove the fins, which made it standard size RAM, not Low Profile. Any standard RAM would have fit though. Why pay more for worse cooling?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NM81822_ag

Around 24 minutes in TTL is talking about how most rads aren't going to fit in the top. I realize the video is 3 years old, so perhaps rads have been updated to be of better size to fit cases like this? I gotta say it does seem tight up there... And I need at least my bottom hard drive cage - in the future I'll probably need to use the top, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I dunno, people worry about RAM size alot, but my Corsair Vengeance sits underneath my NH-D14 just fine. I had to remove the fins, which made it standard size RAM, not Low Profile. Any standard RAM would have fit though. Why pay more for worse cooling?
    This is all purely speculative at the moment. I just love how computer insides look with liquid coolers. They often look so clean and lovely, without a big hunk of metal and fan sitting in the middle of the motherboard - I like to be able to see the motherboard haha

While I'd end up going either for the NH-D15 or Phanteks whateverthenumberswere for the black and white one, if I upgrade to air, I'm just really getting the building itch.

Sigh, stupid consoles and prebuilts/laptops distracting people.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    This is all purely speculative at the moment. I just love how computer insides look with liquid coolers. They often look so clean and lovely, without a big hunk of metal and fan sitting in the middle of the motherboard - I like to be able to see the motherboard haha

While I'd end up going either for the NH-D15 or Phanteks whateverthenumberswere for the black and white one, if I upgrade to air, I'm just really getting the building itch.

Sigh, stupid consoles and prebuilts/laptops distracting people.
    To me, that is an acceptable reason for air cooling. Your original reason was not, because you stated it was merely to not worry about RAM sizes, which is not as big of a deal as people make I don't think. I can see why people would be paranoid about it if it has happened to them though, which is where I think most of the worry comes from. Perhaps the NH-D14 has more clearance for RAM though, so maybe it is just me that does not have the issue. I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a lot of people having issues with taller RAM heatsinks and the D14. People would have to either remove aluminum fins and/or move the fans up the fins.

Now I have RAM on both sides, so it would be even worse, thus the D15 was made. :P
    "A flower.