Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHibb View Post
    that fatty needs to lay off the protein and weight lifting then, right?
    man needs to stop trying to become a mountain is what he needs to do.

I probably eat worse than most people that are considered overweight, yet my weight never moves. So I see no reason to shame people that are overweight into starving their selves when genetics controls a lot of things as well as the cost of healthy food is crazy sometimes.

Now promoting exercise is always a good thing in almost any case, so that is about the best we can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Slightly overweight people are actually very healthy and expected to live longer.
    I don't believe this since you haven't posted any evidence to this. Plus the whole point about being healthy and fit is to you know, not be overweight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Good thing most of it is in your diet. Quit the excuses.
    This.

Its not even unhealthy foods that are the problem. Its the amount. I know people that eat chips, hot dogs, hamburgers, and pizza every day of the week and are still skinny.

The problem is most people eat a lot of unhealthy stuff. They don't just eat an unhealthy cheeseburger, they eat three of them. They don't just eat two slices of pizza, they eat an entire pizza. They don't just eat a handful of unhealthy chips, they eat a whole bag of unhealthy chips.

I mean those foods aren't good for you by any stretch of the imagination, but just eating them isn't making you fat, its eating large quantities. Just cut down the calories.

Guys it's just another Tennisace thread; he's just gonna cherrypick the comments and respond in the most riling way possible. Why can't you just identify the bait? -_-'

10+ Year Old Account
    That they're not doing enough and lack motivation. It's a shame that you have some people putting in the hard work to be in shape and others just being slobs.
    So the people putting in hard work will have better results. What's the problem? That's the way it is for everything, work hard get rewarded. Don't work hard don't get rewarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    According to BMI my "ideal" weight is 76kgs. I currently have 103kgs muscle mass. BMI is full of shit and so are you.
    It's a guideline not a rule. Not to mention I don't believe your assertion of 103 kgs muscle mass.

Overweight is overweight. Let's not squabble over definitions.
    BMI is a joke, so yes it matters.

If gyms being expensive is what you're going with, then your stance is weak. Gym membership are negotiable, like super negotiable. They want your money, and they'll do next to anything to get it. If not, there are plenty of in-home programs that are cheap.

Any debate about people overweight should be about BMI. Those studies should be focusing on the body mass of the human that is the obese. This is fat that is having a negative effect on the health of the person currently and down the line. Inactivity is the bigger factor here though. It's not just what you eat, but the fact that all you're doing is sitting down for hours at a time and becoming sedentary.

Seriously, 30mins a day, take a walk at minimum and you'll feel a lot better (and combing all the walking you are doing in a day is not walking, I mean do something that gets the proverbial blood flowing).

If none of what I wrote resonates with you, that's fine, you don't want to work out that's fine, but then you shouldn't be commenting on anything pertaining to health, overeating weight....and frankly healthcare (in America).
    Last edited by Nethlord; 2015-12-08 at 07:41 PM.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    This.

Its not even unhealthy foods that are the problem. Its the amount. I know people that eat chips, hot dogs, hamburgers, and pizza every day of the week and are still skinny.

The problem is most people eat a lot of unhealthy stuff. They don't just eat an unhealthy cheeseburger, they eat three of them. They don't just eat two slices of pizza, they eat an entire pizza. They don't just eat a handful of unhealthy chips, they eat a whole bag of unhealthy chips.

I mean those foods aren't good for you by any stretch of the imagination, but just eating them isn't making you fat, its eating large quantities. Just cut down the calories.
    For what it's worth, it is not totally uncommon to be skinny but still fat (see 'skinny-fat' effect). Which is why body fat is a better metric to use then weight.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    You heard it first here folks, all people at an ideal weight are hard workers, while those who are overweight are slobs! No ifs, ands, or buts!
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    That's an issue of dressing up properly.
    No its not biking in the cold is just not enjoyable.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

It's a guideline not a rule. Not to mention I don't believe your assertion of 103 kgs muscle mass.
    I'm 6'3 and 154kgs. I AM overweight and I know it. Point stands that BMI is full of shit, and so are you. Give it up dude.

Overweight is overweight. Let's not squabble over definitions.
    No. It's not. Because BMI doesn't take much of shit into account with regards to body type. If you're taller, broader chested, blah blah blah, BMI will be wildly inaccurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Why we should do something about it? If they want to be fat, let them. It is their life.
    and let them destroy society for the rest of us? How does that make sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Why we should do something about it? If they want to be fat, let them. It is their life.
    Of course they are within their rights. But they're still being immoral. An individual's actions affect everyone else, unless you live on an island by yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    FAT PEOPLE DESTROY SOCIETY? lmfao. Okay, I have to go now. I can't read this anymore
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    If gyms being expensive is what you're going with, then your stance is weak. Gym membership are negotiable, like super negotiable. They want your money, and they'll do next to anything to get it. If not, there are plenty of in-home programs that are cheap.

Any debate about people overweight should be about BMI. Those studies should be focusing on the body mass of the human that is the obese. This is fat that is having a negative effect on the health of the person currently and down the line. Inactivity is the bigger factor here though. It's not just what you eat, but the fact that all you're doing is sitting down for hours at a time and becoming sedentary.

Seriously, 30mins a day, take a walk at minimum and you'll feel a lot better (and combing all the walking you are doing in a day is not walking, I mean do something that gets the proverbial blood flowing).

If none of what I wrote resonates with you, that's fine, you don't want to work out that's fine, but then you shouldn't be commenting on anything pertaining to health, overeating weight....and frankly healthcare (in America).
    Oh really because if the gym close to my house is as like 10 bucks cheaper I would totally.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yes... so all those ripped guys at the gym are overweight, cause BMI says so.
    They reported what their ideal weight was. As in if the person being asked could be any weight, what weight would they choose. As far as i read, BMI was not mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace
    Brazil is full of fat people, they never "destroyed" anything (jokes aside).

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl
    Of course they are within their rights. But they're still being immoral. An individual's actions affect everyone else, unless you live on an island by yourself.
    How is it immoral to be fat?