Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    I'm thin and not hungry.
    Hunger-satiating hormones like leptin tend to vary from person to person, it's one of the things that some scientists think accounts for "genetic" weight differences (beyond caloric intake...obviously calories in/out determine weight). Also if you lose weight, you tend to stay hungrier for up to two years after the weight loss, it ties into set point theory of weight that people often talk about.

I have sympathy for people trying to lose weight for that reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hello. Last year I was just under 250 pounds, during the last year I have lost like 40 pounds. I really haven't even been exercising much or even really eating that healthy. I have been eating more healthy, but not as much as I should. My main problem was just purely eating way too much, I always got too much food and always to to finish my plate. Also cut the soda, just usually drink straight water or milk every now and then(Mexican cokes are my guilty pleasure). Only drink soda or drinks that have calories only when you are out. I'm now just under 210 pounds now, it is possible for you to lose weight, it is not even that hard.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    This video shows that for some overweight people there is hope and there is motivational that if you keep trying and even if you can't do it all at first do not give up keep trying. I figured since it was related to this thread I would share this with you all.

This video was wonderful! Thanks for linking this...the dude in the video's story was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This video was wonderful! Thanks for linking this...the dude in the video's story was amazing.
    Yea, I figured I would pass it on as it was passed on to Boogie. I know there maybe some trolls and haters out there, but if it can inspire people (even if it is not about weight) to try and even if you fail, never give up. If it can inspire even one person it is worth all the trolls and haters in the world.

Yea, I figured I would pass it on as it was passed on to Boogie. I know there maybe some trolls and haters out there, but if it can inspire people (even if it is not about weight) to try and even if you fail, never give up. If it can inspire even one person it is worth all the trolls and haters in the world.
    Yup. This is true in life for everything...life can be an exhausting fight, but if you keep at it things tend to work out in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol no it's not life is just counting the days until your inevitable death.

based on the now "norm" of events that happen every other day in the u.s, you would think people would stay fit to run faster...

/shrug...

this is not about a gym... this is about diet and exercise... while diet might be an issue due to money constraints, one does not need a gym to exercise.... sounds like the excuse of a fat person.
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2015-12-10 at 05:47 AM.

why are people trying to save the "in the way" people?

This video shows that for some overweight people there is hope and there is motivational that if you keep trying and even if you can't do it all at first do not give up keep trying. I figured since it was related to this thread I would share this with you all.

it is a good video.. thanks for sharing..

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Ok then. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    And while you are counting, you might as well get your organism in shape, so you feel better while counting.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    except that clean eating isn't a thing. there aren't clean and dirty foods. Processed and unprocessed is a better way of looking at it, and anyone who disregards the very real macronutrient content of an unprocessed food simply because of their biases towards what they think is healthy, is fooling themselves.

I maintain 10-13% body fat, which isn't competition lean by no means, and I regularly fill my diet with plenty of things people would traditionally see as "dirty" and I feel great. The whole notion of eating clean is so outdated I can't believe it's even fuckin around anymore, and it shows how far people will shove their fingers into their ears and ignore the world around them.

There is plenty of information from reputable sources; Alan Aragon, Eric Helms, Brad Schoenfeld, and Lyle Mcdonald just to name a few. Please read up, and stop restricting your life for no reason.
    What are you eating that you consider 'dirty' though?

For some people they literally have hundreds of pounds of reasons to restrict their life, or the rememberance of it. Others learn and live by the example of others, as in oh wow all these fat people eat A-Z, have health problems, feel and look like shit, I'm going to avoid that like the plague. Others frankly don't want frankenfood or food that you need to be a Chem major to know what is actually in it.

Ignoring the world is an ancient way to find it, and find yourself. You're not exactly espousing things that work for anyone who doesn't have the metabolism of a space rocket, and since some 'dirty' foods can actually be damaging even if you are really healthy otherwise there's no reason to risk it except to fill in some checklist so you can be just like everyone else.

Fuck that.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    And while you are counting, you might as well get your organism in shape, so you feel better while counting.
    i feel better when i do whatever i want. so yeah. . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    i feel better when i do whatever i want. so yeah. . .
    If it works for you, then great!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    except that clean eating isn't a thing. there aren't clean and dirty foods. Processed and unprocessed is a better way of looking at it, and anyone who disregards the very real macronutrient content of an unprocessed food simply because of their biases towards what they think is healthy, is fooling themselves.

I maintain 10-13% body fat, which isn't competition lean by no means, and I regularly fill my diet with plenty of things people would traditionally see as "dirty" and I feel great. The whole notion of eating clean is so outdated I can't believe it's even fuckin around anymore, and it shows how far people will shove their fingers into their ears and ignore the world around them.

There is plenty of information from reputable sources; Alan Aragon, Eric Helms, Brad Schoenfeld, and Lyle Mcdonald just to name a few. Please read up, and stop restricting your life for no reason.
    I've always attributed clean eating to that of eating single or very low ingredient foods in combination with intelligent portion control and meal timing. With that said, I have to disagree with you based on what or many have with how it can be defined. Ironically enough, most single ingredient foods tend to match the traditional definition of clean eating as well- of eating the perceived healthy foods.

I know plenty of people who have amazing metabolisms, and they can eat like you and maintain a relatively low bf% with sufficient exercise. I know other people who aren't that fortunate, and literally do have to have their macros on point. That said, genetics is never a good excuse in my book.

I'm definitely an easy gainer type. If I don't keep my diet in constant check, I put on weight very easy - whether it's too much muscle or fat. 150-155 is the top end of weight that I'm comfortable hanging around for the physique I enjoy having. If I don't eat "clean", it wouldn't be but a couple months out that I'd see numbers more than that on the scale.

I've been tryng to lose weight, and i do great eating wise for most of the month, but a week before my period i get REALLY bad hunger pangs and sugar cravings, and it ruins my progress every time. It's frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    I've been tryng to lose weight, and i do great eating wise for most of the month, but a week before my period i get REALLY bad hunger pangs and sugar cravings, and it ruins my progress every time. It's frustrating.
    It's hormonal. I have had female friends say the same thing so it's not just you. *hugs*

Deleted
    I'm not in the US but im overweight by around 1-1.5 stone so around 20 pounds.

Was more like 35, then 14 but i keep mixing up/down. Not at the gym or anything just by eating proper/healthier foods.
    Problem is i live in a small town where i don't know many people so i get bored after a couple weeks and then spend a few weeks binge eating/drinking crap :P

Tends to go drop 14 pounds put 7 on, put 14 on, drop 7 etc.... I'm currently on the put on weight cycle atm ¬.¬

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That they're not doing enough and lack motivation. It's a shame that you have some people putting in the hard work to be in shape and others just being slobs.
    Maybe the people putting in "hard work to be in shape" do it for themselves, and also for other shallow people to like them. I have a feeling this is what you would do.
    "Slobs". People have their reasons, you know. And while I've seen some shitty excuses on My 300 lbs life, other "overweight" people - according to BMI - might actually be satisfied with where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/187580/ha...se-weight.aspx

What can be done to change perceptions?
    The obesity crisis is not going to fix itself.

We all need to do our part and make sure we're encouraging the overweight people around us to fix themselves.
    So a 5'4" guy should be 183lbs and a 6'5" guy should also be 183lbs? lol stupid article is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================