Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Email shows Pentagon was ready to roll as Benghazi attack occurred

As the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was unfolding, a high-ranking Pentagon official urgently messaged Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s top deputies to offer military help, according to an email obtained by Judicial Watch.

The revelation appears to contradict testimony Defense Secretary Leon Panetta gave lawmakers in 2013, when he said there was no time to get forces to the scene in Libya, where four Americans were killed, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens.

“I just tried you on the phone but you were all in with S [apparent reference to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton],” reads the email, from Panetta’s chief of staff Jeremy Bash. “After consulting with General Dempsey, General Ham and the Joint Staff, we have identified the forces that could move to Benghazi. They are spinning up as we speak.”

" ... we have identified the forces that could move to Benghazi. They are spinning up as we speak.”

- Jeremy Bash, Pentagon chief of staff

The email was sent out at 7:19 p.m. ET on Sept. 11, 2012, in the early stages of the eight-hour siege that also claimed the lives of Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith and two former Navy SEALs, Ty Woods and Glen Doherty, private CIA contractors who raced to the aid of embattled State Department workers.

Although the email came after the first wave of the attack at the consulate, it occurred before a mortar strike on the CIA annex killed Woods and Doherty
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/12...?intcmp=hplnws

what was the excuse used for not sending support to fend off the attack on the consulate
    we didn't have forces available to send anyone that would have gotten there in time
    if my memory is correct

but this email proves they did have a force that was quote "They are spinning up as we speak.” (which in military lingo they are on the run way with engines running ready to go) only hours after the attack had begun they was waiting for state to give approval which mean Clinton "Assuming Principals agree to deploy these elements, we will ask State to procure the approval from host nation. Please advise how you wish to convey that approval to us [REDACTED]."

Your last thread on this wasn't closed just because of the dead horse jokes, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    which in military lingo they are on the run way with engines running ready to go
    That's incorrect. Spinning-up means they're preparing to go, not that they're waiting for the go-ahead. (Pre-flight checks, fueling, gear-checks, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today I learned the Secretary of State is the commander and chief of our military and they go to her aids to ask permission to do things.

Thanks Vyxn, I had a hearty chuckle.

You are more desperate to shit on Clinton than a double-wizzard is for poos.

You ran out of reasonable stuff a year ago, now you are just spouting BS that makes you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Your last thread on this wasn't closed just because of the dead horse jokes, you know.
    it was from the source not the content just had a discussion from a global moderator about just that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Today I learned the Secretary of State is the commander and chief of our military and they go to her aids to ask permission to do things.

Thanks Vyxn, I had a hearty chuckle.
    the military cant just make an attack in a nation we are not at war with on just their decision that is done in Washington and they asked for a decision from Washington and apparently they either got none or got a no

it was from the source not the content just had a discussion from a global moderator about just that
    Oh, well, carry on then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You are more desperate to shit on Clinton than a double-wizzard is for poos.

You ran out of reasonable stuff a year ago, now you are just spouting BS that makes you look stupid.
    but the five threads on the first page bashing Trump has nothing to do with the desperation to shit on Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    but the five threads on the first page bashing Trump has nothing to do with the desperation to shit on Trump
    Trump is the one that gives fuel to the fire by making ridiculous statements like "shut down the internet" and "ban Muslims".

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be fair. There's no desperation to shit on Trump, he lets the shit flow freely, and people respond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Major difference.

Benghazi was, what, three years ago? And investigation after investigation has turned up nothing.

Trump meanwhile, runs his mouth on camera and says stupid shit we can verify and then tear him apart for.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    That's incorrect. Spinning-up means they're preparing to go, not that they're waiting for the go-ahead. (Pre-flight checks, fueling, gear-checks, etc.)
    spinning up is engines starting which means they are half way through the flight check and don't try me I spent 6 yeas in military aviation they had ten minutes at the most before they would be taxiing down the run way

There's so many perfectly valid things to shit on Hillary about, why do we continue to pour over the one thing that she's basically clean of?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Major difference.

Benghazi was, what, three years ago? And investigation after investigation has turned up nothing.

Trump meanwhile, runs his mouth on camera and says stupid shit we can verify and then tear him apart for.
    and these new emails were just released with information not made public till now

10+ Year Old Account
    spinning up is engines starting which means they are half way through the flight check and don't try me I spent 6 yeas in military aviation they had ten minutes at the most before they would be taxiing down the run way
    So not ready to go.
    EDIT: And that's if they were using a "fast mover" (which would be fucking stupid for a cqc fight).

More likely it was a rotary-wing, carrying ground forces (which also have to prep for combat)

If we want to bring military service up, I spent eight years as a combat medic. Four of which were in Air Assault units. "Don't try me"
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2015-12-09 at 06:39 PM.

Do a little research and it isn't hard to find that Christopher Stevens was pronounced dead at 0200 hours, 12 SEP 2012 local time. Local time there is 7 hours ahead of ET. So at the time of the email you mention 1919 hours, 11 SEP 2012 the ambassador was already pronounced dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    There's so many perfectly valid things to shit on Hillary about, why do we continue to pour over the one thing that she's basically clean of?
    so another exposed mistruth that they didn't have any available military resources that could have helped that would have at least saved the lives in the second attack on the CIA compound because the State Department (H. Clinton) didn't give permission or denied permission Clinton is clean of?

10+ Year Old Account
    and these new emails were just released with information not made public till now
    "I can confirm that we obtained the unredacted version of this email last year..." - Matt Wolking, Conservative, Press Secretary for Republican lead/created U.S. House Select Committee on the Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi, Libya.

The Republican Congressmen trying to destroy Hillary Clinton didn't seem to think this email mattered a year ago.

Try again.

I don't think either deserves any attention (if your case, anymore). Both are dead beat horses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know how I missed this, but lol.

Panetta (the guy whose e-mail is being questioned) "told the Senate Armed Services Committee in 2013 that “time, distance, the lack of an adequate warning, [and] events that moved very quickly on the ground” prevented him from sending a rescue team. Dempsey made a similar point in the same hearing. "

In addition to the aircraft "Spinning Up" were tasked for other missions.
    This is the middle of the night now, these are not aircraft on strip alert,” he said. “They’re there as part of our commitment to NATO and Europe. And so, as we looked at the timeline, it was pretty clear that it would take up to 20 hours or so to get them there. . . . It was the wrong tool for the job.”
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2015-12-09 at 06:45 PM.