Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What Would The Founding Father of The U.S Be Like If They Were Born This Era?

Lets make the youngest of them age 18. Which incidentally was James Monroe's age, Alexander Hamilton was 21, Thomas Jefferson was 33, Ben Franklin was 70 etc. (at the time of the declaration signing)

What kind of people do you think they would be if they were essentially born in this day and age? So Hamilton and Monroe would have been born in the 90s and Jefferson in the 80s, etc, for example. (You are not limited to my examples)

unless fate itself has a hand in what type of people they became, they'd probably be the same braindead retards the majority of people this age are.

i highly doubt they'd be worth half as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Ben is my man. There is no other founding father but that man.

I guess you're a product of your time.

Franklin would be running some click bait blog. Jefferson would be a professor at some community college, hitting on the black girls.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Lets make the youngest of them age 18. Which incidentally was James Monroe's age, Alexander Hamilton was 21, Thomas Jefferson was 33, Ben Franklin was 70 etc. (at the time of the declaration signing)

What kind of people do you think they would be if they were essentially born in this day and age? So Hamilton and Monroe would have been born in the 90s and Jefferson in the 80s, etc, for example. (You are not limited to my examples)
    Franklin would be a sort of anti-Rupert Murdoch cum Elon Musk-Warren Buffet, running (among his many, many enterprises) a Daily-Show style multimedia conglomerate with vast reach, destroying the government and establishment with pithy wit.

Sam Adams would be a controversial and widely known domestic terrorist, #1 on the FBI's Most Wanted List.

His cousin John Adams would be his widely respected liberal (and anti-establishment) lawyer.

Paul Revere would have been found via social network analysis, disappeared and tortured for information.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

What kind of people do you think they would be if they were essentially born in this day and age?
    If they were just born as any other blank slate to grow as a product of their environment...

...then its likely they would grow up to be vapid whining perpetual victims typical of the millennial generation.

But if you who they were in their time was who they would be destined to be in any time...

...then they would grow up utterly disgusted with the current state of tyranny and misrepresentation, frustrated by watching the current and potential greatness of a nation being washed away by power hungry snakes.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Franklin would be running some click bait blog. Jefferson would be a professor at some community college, hitting on the black girls.

so what president would you vote for?

They'd wonder what the fuck they'd fought for in the first place.

They would all be hated, as the strait, white, Christian males that they are.

Pretty much Donald Trump and thats probably a hard pill for alot of you to swallow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disappointed.

My education wasn't US-centric, so can't say I know too much about them, but from what I've read of their writings they seemed like some very smart men. Knowledgeable about politics and the risks involved.

They would have been nothing at all like what they were back then. Probably just another face in the crowd of smart phones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Where on earth do you get this stuff?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Where on earth do you get this stuff?
    He was known for liking black girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    they would be confused and hiding in terror.

10+ Year Old Account
    Franklin would be a sort of anti-Rupert Murdoch cum Elon Musk-Warren Buffet, running (among his many, many enterprises) a Daily-Show style multimedia conglomerate with vast reach, destroying the government and establishment with pithy wit.

Sam Adams would be a controversial and widely known domestic terrorist, #1 on the FBI's Most Wanted List.

His cousin John Adams would be his widely respected liberal (and anti-establishment) lawyer.

Paul Revere would have been found via social network analysis, disappeared and tortured for information.
    I pretty much agree with this. Madison would have been a well meaning senator who wouldn't ever be able to get anything through Congress.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Pretty much Donald Trump and thats probably a hard pill for alot of you to swallow.
    Complete idiots who only became wealthy because their fathers gave them money?

10+ Year Old Account
    He was known for liking black girls.
    I've never read (or heard) that anywhere before... do you have a source?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never read (or heard) that anywhere before... do you have a source?
    He had a longstanding romance with one of his slaves. It's well documented.

Here: https://www.monticello.org/site/plan...-brief-account
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Almost positive 90% of forum users here would hate them if they actually were the same as from back then.