Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Damn that must suck to get eaten by the monster you created.
    If you think that Immanuel is the reason that Chicago is corrupt then I have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Yep that was Daley with the Chicago Skyway. It does paint a good picture however for what happens to the general population when you start privatizing everything. The R or D don't mean anything when you're busy selling out your citizens for the most money.
    Yes, it is a good lesson about privatization, agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that must suck to get eaten by the monster you created.
    Local government is always corrupt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Local government is always corrupt.
    Chicago is arguably more corrupt than other local governments...and has been that way for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Chicago is arguably more corrupt than other local governments...and has been that way for a long time.
    He fits right in, or did. Im sure he'll trot out a few black pastors or president Obama, and all will be forgiven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, but it doesn't change the assertion. The more intimate a setting when it comes to power the more 'buddy buddy' people get and the more lax about their refusal of gratuity.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's anything like New Orleans mayors, the dude is probably a crook. It's a time honored tradition in New Orleans that within a month or so of a new mayor being elected the previous mayor is indited.

He fits right in, or did.
    I can't comment on that since I haven't been living there for the last few years and haven't been following Chicago news, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably, but it doesn't change the assertion. The more intimate a setting when it comes to power the more 'buddy buddy' people get and the more lax about their refusal of gratuity.
    I wasn't saying it did...yes, agreed.

Yup, it is the undisputed single most corrupt city in America and has been for decades.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    You hit the nail right on the head. We see constant upgrades in my neighborhood (Lakeview) on a regular basis -- include pothole repairs (they're bad in this city) quicker than any other place in the entire city it seems. But that seems to be because our city council or should I say our multiple city councils want the area to look nice since they're being paid off by the Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field is only a few miles from my house.

Lol. I always wondered why Republicans didn't make a bigger deal of the fact that Obama came out of Chicago, a city notorious for its corruption.
    They were obviously too busy trying to get a bunch of idiots to believe he was a Kenyan Muslim instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Yup, it is the undisputed single most corrupt city in America and has been for decades.
    That would be Hampton, Florida.

He fits right in, or did. Im sure he'll trot out a few black pastors or president Obama, and all will be forgiven.
    Lol. I always wondered why Republicans didn't make a bigger deal of the fact that Obama came out of Chicago, a city notorious for its corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not Trump it's generally seen as impolitic to insult based on geography.

That would be Hampton, Florida.
    Seems like a brief illicit speed trap and one Mayor who got busted slinging hillbilly crank.

Sorry that doesn't compare to the decades of corruption Chicago has under its belt.

Now if you had said Detroit ...there would be some room to debate.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Seems like a brief illicit speed trap and one Mayor who slings some hillbilly crack.

Sorry that doesn't compare to the decades of corruption Chicago has under its belt.

Now if you had said Detroit ...there would be some room to debate.
    Well hey, if you gave the Federal government more residual powers to audit city governments it would be less of an issue.

If you're not Trump it's generally seen as impolitic to insult based on geography.
    I am amazed at the shit Trump says, his Twitter is even worse than the things he says in actual speeches/interviews.

Hillary came from the same place also.

I remember a lot of accusations of "Chicago Politics"

I wonder if rahm will have to cancel his family vacation to communist cuba at the end of this year?. He better wrap this up fast if he still plans to scurry off. Cuba is the radical lefts holy ground. Especially the Chicago radical left, the weather underground even trained in cuba before all their attacks, bill ayers was one of them I believe, that's obamas bff.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2015-12-10 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I remember a lot of accusations of "Chicago Politics"
    I just remember a lot of "he's a Muslim" "he was born in Africa" conspiracy theories.

cool beans I suppose.