Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post
    I love when butthurt people talk about how clunky they think Survival looks, yet pretty much everyone whose played the spec in alpha claims that it's extremely smooth and intuitive to play. Funny how people who haven't gotten their hands on the spec are the most opinionated about it.

Have you played the spec? If you haven't, then where do you get off saying it's clunky? The only thing you can speak to is how the spec "looks", and that's not a valid argument at all. Look up videos of people playing Survival in the alpha. They tend to have very good things to say about how it plays and feels.

I'm going to say this with complete sincerity: your opinion is meaningless. You're basing it on nothing other than poor intuition, and that intuition has been contradicted by the people who have actually played the spec. No, seriously. Your opinion is literally meaningless until you have some foundation on which to base it other than "it doesn't look like I'll enjoy it".
    Yes, I have played the alpha. A friend of mine is a streamer and obviously was invited. I am telling you my feelings, and what I think. Being locked to MB stacks for damage is clunky. One attack, MB. One attack, MB. Keep stacks up. No stacks = not enough damage. It does not feel good right now, but yes, it is alpha and things can change.

Fuck are you ever sour. Do you even comprehend constructive criticism? I did not ever once say that survival was a stupid idea and the spec was garbage because the idea is stupid. As a former world class raider, whom continuously top ten ranked and numerous rank 1s, I think I can understand and give an opinion that matters. Yours on the other hand, does not.

Have you played it? I highly doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    alpha player

survival is fucking terrible at this current time
    Oh look, another person who agrees with me, Totem. I give a semi detailed response and get singled out. This person says it's fucking terrible in its current iteration {as I actually said as well} and I agree. Many others agree.

You are literally blind.

There is great potential for the melee spec, but there needs to be some drastic changes to make it enjoyable, and not some RNGfuckstick spec.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Nope, if I wanted to play melee...id play melee. Already enough melee specs in game. Not going to chase me off the class, just really not happy about it, ill adjust.
    Seems like it might be ok for pvp with all the tricks it had, but whole mongoose proc system is a bad idea. Its basically turning them into an RNG proc that fury was. Get good procs....solid dps. Don't? You fubar and stacks reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Well that didn't take long.

Whine, cry, sulk, bitch! Nobody likes a party-pooper.
    Survival was my favorite Hunter spec. Guess I'm going Marks...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Not so excited considering the artifacts will likely lock you in one spec for quite a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really happy to see melee coming back as a full blooded spec. I also hear that bm and mm are changing their play style a bit as well. As a veteran hunter of 10 years I have grown tired of hunter and am considering ret . however sorry to get off topic. I fear that hunters will still be made to go ranged anyways considering melee dps floods in and mobile ranged dps is a huge plus to have in raids. From what little I've seen survival looks really fun but sadly as the current game is it'll boil down to what does the most dps . that being said I really wana get my hands on legion beta

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    They decided to make SV melee because there's a shortage of melee specs in the game so they had to balance that out. Plus, hunter isn't a very popular class in the game as of now so they wanted to get more people to try it.

trollface.jpg
    you forget to mention that nehind a boss there are too less graphical effects and a hunter in melee range bringing also a pet, fits that gap perfectly.

Not really. There are too many melee players as it is.

Hunter might as well be going down to two specs for me, but it's been like that since 6.2 where they chopped the balls off survival spec.

Deleted
    Haha... that excitement is soon gonna go away when you realise how crouded melee is. You will hardly see your own character, much less your pet.