Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Since when did pushing buttons warrant $25 an hour? Sure, if you for a ticket and are trained and educated to do more than just tell a pre written program to Go, that was created by and setup by people with actual educations. If you want good money in any industry today, you need paper work showing certification.
    Or maybe a good union to fight for better wages....

https://up.jobs/job/opening/077714

http://www.bnsf.com/careers/explore-...h-cleaner.html

We don't push buttons here for anything less than $35/hour -- $25/hour is for them unskilled cleaning crews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Or maybe a good union to fight for better wages....

https://up.jobs/job/opening/077714

http://www.bnsf.com/careers/explore-...h-cleaner.html

We don't push buttons here for anything less than $35/hour -- $25/hour is for them unskilled cleaning crews.
    Its easy for the railroads to pay that much when the commuter trains are subsidized by the tax payers, and that is the only type of passenger service any Class 1 does anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    Your last line summed it up. You don't understand it at all.
    It's always interesting to see someone indict the understanding of another person, and then post something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    If you did, you'd have to realise that this is normal for an economy in transition. The government does not provide all the jobs, the private sector provides a large majority of the jobs.

You're blaming a government for the Private Sector who have made a decision to buy steel overseas and make the product in Britain because it is cheaper than having the british do it.
    The British economy isn't in transition, nor did I suggest that the government should provide all the jobs. In fact, in a part of my post that you've omitted in your somewhat random quotation, I explicitly mention the growth of private businesses in areas where their services are required; essentially, in areas where there's a population that can spend money, because it's employed. Ignoring that series of points entirely, in order to push an economic trope largely lifted from the Murdoch press, doesn't suddenly make 'em disappear.

You're also trying to argue that the British government did everything possible to mitigate the crisis when, in fact, the majority of the world's trained economists don't agree. They believe the British handling of the 2008 recession has damaged the British economy, and it's impossible to suggest that the current Chancellor of the Exchequer has done a good job given the facts I presented about his performance in the post you quoted, but heavily edited.

I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    In your opinion.
    Prove it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Its easy for the railroads to pay that much when the commuter trains are subsidized by the tax payers, and that is the only type of passenger service any Class 1 does anymore.
    Oh look, companies are being subsidised again so their employees can afford to get to work.

Why is so much tax money being spent on subsidising businesses run for and making profits for private individuals?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-12-14 at 10:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Oh look, companies are being subsidised again so their employees can afford to get to work.

Why is so much tax money being spent on subsidising businesses run for and making profits for private individuals?
    You and I both know the answer to that question. It is, however, one that a certain type of individual will flatly refuse to answer.

Fingers crossed.