Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Missed Opportunity

They missed a huge opportunity with Monk Class Order and the Monk Artifact weapon.....

We,instead of fighting some unknown elemental, could've met Kang! The first monk! The monk that started the teachings so long ago either via spirit or timewalking...he could've showed us what it meant to be a monk. He could've showed us "Whats worth fighting for.." and taught us his ways and gave us/showed us his fist weapons
    The Fist of Dawn
    We could've seen him and those he trained rise up against the Mogu and overthrow them we could've took part in that event, only to wake up from meditation to travel to along forgotten temple we seen in our vision (After the Burning Legion attacks Serenity Peaks we slump over to Shadopan monastery,and tell Taren Zhu of what we seen in our vision, this is where you would pick your artifact weapon, Mistweaver go with Taren Zhu as they do in the beta as they're told by a Shado Pan of the events that are taking place there) Our order hall could've been
    Kang's Training Grounds...!or Dojo .

There's no way he trained those he did in the open for the Mogu to see! So this WOULD'VE BEEN PEEERFECT! Wind Walkers task would've been to secure the temple as the burning legion found it due to a vial of titanic water from the Vale was hidden away there and they could sense its power, after that is done, we take out a Mogu Warlord that's spirit has been risen from the dead, and tainted by Fel energies, A mogu Kang and the others would've fought in the past, his spirit arrives to help us take him down and retrieve the vial from an imp who is trying to escape with it, after our victory he gifts us The Fist of Dawn, binding his spirit who is strong enough to break through the wall of life and death and his chi into the weapons

But I feel, what we got, atleast Windwalker and Mistweaver is extremely lacking in class and story development and the utter laziness of putting us on The Wandering Isles...a place that has no relevance to monks, just panda's....ugggh
    Last edited by Therris; 2015-12-11 at 02:32 PM.
    There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
    I will do what I must to keep the balance!

Horde:Driefal-Cravius-Ristir-RonedSenthes

If it's relevant to a monk, is it not relevant to a panda. I mean the class developed by them, so I think it's a fair extention that the monk ways are influenced by pandas. But I guess your scenario sound pretty cool, kudos

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruento View Post
    If it's relevant to a monk, is it not relevant to a panda. I mean the class developed by them, so I think it's a fair extention that the monk ways are influenced by pandas. But I guess your scenario sound pretty cool, kudos
    No, monks birth place was Pandaria, the teachings of the form of Pandaren monkism (word?) came from there. I just think they could've done something much cooler and explained what Chi is and the spirituality behind it increasing our rather lack luster class lore/mythos

Quote Originally Posted by Therris View Post
    monkism (word?)
    Not really a word, no; at least, not all dictionaries recognize it as a word. The word you're looking for is probably monkhood (synonym: monasticism).
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

No, monks birth place was Pandaria, the teachings of the form of Pandaren monkism (word?) came from there. I just think they could've done something much cooler and explained what Chi is and the spirituality behind it increasing our rather lack luster class lore/mythos
    We already know what Chi is. Chi is the name that monks give to the power that the Spirit of the Wilds gives shaman. Basically life energy / spirit.

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/436976368329293825

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    We already know what Chi is. Chi is the name that monks give to the power that the Spirit of the Wilds gives shaman. Basically life energy / spirit.

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/436976368329293825
    They could've added something to it, something with inner serenity. Because right now, and still in the future our class lacks the story or lore of other classes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Not really a word, no; at least, not all dictionaries recognize it as a word. The word you're looking for is probably monkhood (synonym: monasticism).
    Hit the nail on the head, but monkism is fun to say

They could've added something to it, something with inner serenity. Because right now, and still in the future our class lacks the story or lore of other classes
    I dunno about you but the monks have one of the most awesome class backstories in the game. What they lack in quantity, they more than make up for in quality. Better than rogues, warriors, hunters easily. Arguably better than mages. Brewmasters have very interesting lore and Mistweavers are tied to Pandaria itself. There's a lot of cool stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I dunno about you but the monks have one of the most awesome class backstories in the game. What they lack in quantity, they more than make up for in quality. Better than rogues, warriors, hunters easily. Arguably better than mages. Brewmasters have very interesting lore and Mistweavers are tied to Pandaria itself. There's a lot of cool stuff.
    Wut o.0
    /10char

Wut o.0
    /10char
    What lore is there for warriors, hunters, and rogues? What, really? So much of it is just background noise.

And what lore is there for magi? We have how they cast and some tidbits there, and we have Dalaran and the Guardians of Tirisfal. There's a lot of history, but we don't go too in-depth with it. With Monks, we also have a history. We also have an understanding of how we function. Brewmasters have the fascinating lore of drinking in order to communicate with the spirits of nature. Mistweavers have an amazing fantasy.

Oh and by the way, the inner serenity bit you were talking about? That's also canon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker
    Among monks, none have mastered the martial arts as the windwalkers have, and few across Azeroth can fight with their grace. Windwalkers possess unparalleled physical finesse, and are capable of overwhelming their enemies with a dizzying flurry of punches and kicks. Their skill comes primarily from a lifetime of intense training and discipline, but the power they exhibit is shrouded in more mysticism than meets the untrained eye. The combination of their peak physical conditioning, state of inner calm, and leveraging of mystical chi makes windwalker monks a true force to be reckoned with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistweaver
    Mistweavers are unique among those who heal. The energies they channel are mysterious, oftentimes misunderstood by commoners—who rarely travel beyond the borders of their homelands—as some form of folk medicine. But those who weave the mists wield the power of life’s essence, using a mixture of preventative and restorative spells to mend their allies’ wounds. The inner tranquility that guides mistweavers allows them to sustain their healing for long periods of time, and gives them the strength to care for multiple injured allies.
    I dunno man, I found our lore pretty easy and I quite like it. While there is not much, what is there is really cool. You just have to be aware it's there. From your responses it just seems like you never tried to find it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dunno man, I found our lore pretty easy and I quite like it. While there is not much, what is there is really cool. You just have to be aware it's there. From your responses it just seems like you never tried to find it.
    You count that as lore? That little bit? Really...lol...well you're satisfied with very little background I guess. I'm not and either way, our artifact questline sucks and our class hall could've been something much cooler
    The hunter is a stalker in the wilds, living on his knowledge of survival and skill with a bow or rifle. He is deeply in tune with nature, and some of its mightiest beasts are his allies. Of Azeroth's many creatures, few can resist the hunter's call, and fewer can survive his fury. Hunters are as varied as the world's many climates, but they are universally renowned for their amazing abilities to find their prey and bring it down. They come from any race (players are restricted to twelve races, see below), though certain races naturally excel at the hunter's profession. Most hunters seek to aid the balance of nature along with their druidic allies.[2] Elven rangers are not alone in their mastery of the wilderness. While an elven ranger prefers the bow, the hunter would rather get up close. A hunter is skilled in stealth, slipping through the woods like a ghost. Orcs of the Horde first learned the ways of the hunter from forest trolls on Lordaeron and tauren have been masters of the hunt since the dawn of the world. Like the shaman of the Horde, hunters call upon the spirits of the land, wind, and fire to aid them in their hunts and tasks. Their spells focus on the elements and the land.
    The hunter is one of the oldest classes in history. They represent a deep connection between man and beast, and the hunters of Warcraft are not merely individuals who track animals and slay them for food, but custodians of balance. They understand the natural circle of life and death, and the part they must play in maintaining it not simply as researchers, but as active participants. The "Hunt" is venerated, and the prey they choose to stalk is given as much respect as the predators hunters choose to learn from and embody. All hunters create lifelong friendships with animal companions, who are also often their best and only friends, if the stereotype of the reclusive huntsman is to be believed. Hunters come in all shapes, forms, sizes and specialties, but in World of Warcraft, all hunters specialize to be marksmen (however, not all hunters choose the Marksmanship specialization). Hunters are a curious mix of mysticism and rough wilderness know-how. They can learn to mystically align themselves with the aspects of various animals to assist them: the spryness of a monkey, the sharp eyes of a hawk, and the swiftness of a cheetah; they gift themselves with a higher resistance against the dangers of the most important thing of all in the rites of a hunter — the very Wilds he and his prey live in. Hunters also derive a system of hand-to-hand combat inspired by the attacks and counterattacks of various animals, and use magically empowered traps to maim and snare their prey. They have various shots imbued with magic or explosives to snare, poison, handicap and disorient their targets. They can even hold their breath and slow their heartbeat to a highly infrequent, inconsequential tap to give their pursuers the impression that they are dead.

The hunter is the choice of life for those who reject societies that oppress the natural role as prey and hunter, and also reject the druidic stance that we should be healers and observers rather than active participants in the "Great Hunt". They follow a life of reverence for nature complimenting their tradition and willingness to use man-made tools. We are all tool-using creatures after all, and it is only natural to use that advantage afforded by nature to be better hunters. There are however also those hunters who prefer a more direct approach to tracking and hunting.
    Hunter lore

- - - Updated - - -

We literally have lore on every magic school, theres lore for fire,ice and arcane, theres lore for Holy and Shadow, and Nature magic, theres tons of lore for elemental magics.

Magic Schools
    -------
    Priest
    Church of Light
    Cult of the Forgotten Shadow
    Shadow Priest
    ^^^^^^ All priest lore I could find with subjects I already know about

I don't understand what you're talking about...I really really don't, paladins have shit ton of lore, Rogues and Warriors are generic and very "Normal" (like I can grab a shield in real life) so I wouldn't suspect them to have super mega lore. So again, we don't have alot of lore or mythos compared to other classes

And rogues even have guilds of Rogue Clans, like the Shatterhand, S:I7, The Syndicate, and Ravenholdt

- - - Updated - - -

You linked me class descriptions...that's not lore, that's not a story, that's a description

Brewmasters have the fascinating lore of drinking in order to communicate with the spirits of nature
    This is cool, but I found no sources regarding this or even saying anything close to them being able to commune with spirits.

Oh and by the way, the inner serenity bit you were talking about? That's also canon too.
    And they need to explain it, how do we reach physical and mental serenity? Enlightment, what is Enlightment in the WoW universe, how do we reach it? Have our monks truly reached it? And also "canon" its not really, they don't really talk about it they leave you to assume again, what a monk is, without telling you

We think 100% differently on lore, I want organizations, I want story that dives deep and has branches;we have a twig. Unlike many of the other classes in game. We don't seem to have a place within the world. Hell, in times leveling during pandaria I didn't even feel like I belonged there, with many of the pandaren using sword and board, and bows...and even arcane!

The lack of story among our class is the main reason I made up my own story for my monk and how I became a monk (Following teachings of The Blood Knight order and The Farstrider order since my monk is a Sin'dorei, he didn't really see eye to eye and sort of went his own way following The Blood elves introduction into the horde)....also not a fan of pandaren in my personal story, but some of their teachings do effect my characters story)

- - - Updated - - -

But again main subject, and the OP, I'm disappointed with our Class Order hall and Class Quest/Artifact Quest it could've been so much better and badass in my personal opinion
    Last edited by Therris; 2015-12-13 at 04:01 PM.

You count that as lore? That little bit? Really...lol...well you're satisfied with very little background I guess. I'm not and either way, our artifact questline sucks [B]and our class hall could've been something much cooler
    See, this is what I was expecting from this thread. Technically, yes it is lore. A simple description yes, but the descriptions of the windwalker and mistweaver show exactly what you were asking for. Nevermind that the massive description you have there doesn't show notable backstory, while monks do have an ingrained backstory with their origin as the fighting class of the pandaren slave revolt. We have an understanding of how their spells work.

You complained that we didn't know what Chi was. I showed we did. You then complained that Blizzard never talked about inner serenity. I showed they did. I'm merely making the point that you don't seem like anything short of the greatest literary work ever will appease you and I don't think that's fair to anyone.As a writer, I've learned to let go of worrying about that sort of attitude because I know it's something I'll never satisfy, even if I pen a best-selling epic, but it does bother me when people have it for other works and seem to not even know half the lore they're complaining about. It's unhealthy, and honestly dude you're being pretty rude because of it. You really don't know me, how much I am passionate about Warcraft lore, how much I know of it. And yet, you make a rather smarmy response to me about how I'm satisfied with 'so little', say "wut" to me when I say that I disagree with your opinion that there's little there, as if you could barely fathom the idea that someone had a different opinion from you. That's not cool, man.

Oh and just for the record, a lot of those links you had there (save the priest and church of the holy light ones) were either descriptions of who has what spell tree and more a focus on gameplay mechanics than the lore of each tree, or largely / entirely came from the Warcraft RPG, which is considered non-canon. Wowpedia's an awesome resource, but they have EVERYTHING there, even the stuff that's no longer really usable, I'm afraid. I can't tell you how many times I've had to mention that when I was looking at people's RP characters for critiques haha
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2015-12-13 at 04:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You complained that we didn't know what Chi was. I showed we did. You then complained that Blizzard never talked about inner serenity. I showed they did. I'm merely making the point that you don't seem like anything short of the greatest literary work ever will appease you and I don't think that's fair to anyone.As a writer, I've learned to let go of worrying about that sort of attitude because I know it's something I'll never satisfy, even if I pen a best-selling epic, but it does bother me when people have it for other works and seem to not even know half the lore they're complaining about. It's unhealthy, and honestly dude you're being pretty rude because of it. You really don't know me, how much I am passionate about Warcraft lore, how much I know of it. And yet, you make a rather smarmy response to me about how I'm satisfied with 'so little', say "wut" to me when I say that I disagree with your opinion that there's little there, as if you could barely fathom the idea that someone had a different opinion from you. That's not cool, man.
    What? Honestly...I have no idea what you're talking about.So I'm just going to leave this discussion between me and you at this, since you think I'm being rude and I rather not make a bad impression of myself. So, lets stick to the OP, or not have a discussion about what we, as two different individuals want from a story. I know some lore, more then many do. But to say my understanding of it is wrong is inulting lol,
    Oh and just for the record, a lot of those links you had there (save the priest and church of the holy light ones) were either descriptions of who has what spell tree and more a focus on gameplay mechanics than the lore of each tree, or largely / entirely came from the Warcraft RPG, which is considered non-canon. Wowpedia's an awesome resource, but they have EVERYTHING there, even the stuff that's no longer really usable, I'm afraid. I can't tell you how many times I've had to mention that when I was looking at people's RP characters for critiques haha
    Hardly anything I linked had RPG, besides the CoFS but they dropped that plot awhile ago. You used to be able to get a gray book in game that talked about it, so canon, not canon, retconned, retconned.
    See, this is what I was expecting from this thread.
    No, this is what you turned this thread into (...which I'm not going to let that continue). It was about my disappointment with the Class Hall and Artifact quest and a example of something really cool they could've done. An example and you nitpicked small elements to "argue" about, for no reason. You. Not me, I didn't want this discussion, I wanted to see if people agreed they could've done something better or liked my idea. Or had their own idea

No further discussion about irrelevant things please. Do you like my idea? Do you like what they did?Do you think it would've been cool to see Kang and learn more about him and the uprising against the mogu...to actually experience a pivotal moment in monk/pandaren history? Our classes birth? Please don't comment further unless its about the OP or I will be forced to ignore you which isn't something I want to do
    Last edited by Therris; 2015-12-13 at 05:22 PM.

What? Honestly...I have no idea what you're talking about.So I'm just going to leave this discussion between me and you at this, since you think I'm being rude and I rather not make a bad impression of myself. So, lets stick to the OP, or not have a discussion about what we, as two different individuals want from a story. I know some lore, more then many do. But to say my understanding of it is wrong is inulting lol,
    Fair enough. I'm glad you're willing to do that at least. And 'm sorry. It's just that when someone doesn't know the things they lament are not touched upon... are actually touched upon, that's the impression they give.

No, this is what you turned this thread into (...which I'm not going to let that continue). It was about my disappointment with the Class Hall and Artifact quest and a example of something really cool they could've done. An example and you nitpicked small elements to "argue" about, for no reason. You. Not me, I didn't want this discussion, I wanted to see if people agreed they could've done something better or liked my idea.
    From my point of view, I popped in to show you that one thing you thought wasn't there that you were disappointed with was actually confirmed. And then when you responded (in kinda a passive-aggressive way to in my eyes bash the lore rather than saying "oh cool" or something more neutral or positive), I said I disagreed with your assertion, and then cited some evidence for the thing you then said they still didn't do. And then in response to all of this (not necessarily in order), you questioned me as if I was mad (contrary to the username I am quite sane!) and then said that I clearly was just satisfied with barely anything, in a dismissive tone. This is a path we went down together. This unwanted turn is something that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't interjected with the bit of trivia, and if you hadn't reacted so negatively, from my perspective. Let's use this as a learning experience, yeah? Can both improve because of it.

No further discussion about irrelevant things please. Do you like my idea? Do you like what they did?Do you think it would've been cool to see Kang and learn more about him and the uprising against the mogu...to actually experience a pivotal moment in monk/pandaren history?
    Your idea is alright. I don't think that it necessarily makes more sense because we know that the first monks did not in fact use weapons. We don't know when they started to as part of their martial art. I also dunno about dealing with Kang's spirit. We know that pandaren's spirits live on in the land but it strikes me as kinda weird. And this only seems to be a solution for Windwalker, not Mistweaver, as you assert.

And I dunno if Kang would have had training grounds or a dojo. He taught in secret. Perhaps after the mogu were overthrown, but ehh. It'd have significance to us but at the same time, I just don't know. We aren't monks of Pandaria. It holds an ancestral value to us but the place where we as the player monks have a deep, inherent connection despite all the differences of race? Shen-zin Su, the Wandering Isle. You have to understand that there are cultural differences between the pandaren of the Isle and the pandaren of Pandaria proper. This would inevitably create differences in how their style of monks work, and so the art that we know as players inevitably has been strongly influenced by this diaspora. Furthermore, monk lore IS pandaren lore. They're intrinsically tied together thematically and from the perspective of story. All players are ultimately taught by pandaren and have not had much if any time to really create their own spin-offs of it.

Obviously I happen to like much of everything that's there. The Windwalker artifact's a bit weird, I'll admit, but I like the concept. Windwalker's about striking with the speed of wind, so they get fist weapons that are a hurricane in your hand, almost literally. The Mistweaver staff I think is spot on, and the Brewmaster staff is an exquisitely perfect summation of the Brewmaster fantasy: a wandering beer-lover. Shen-zin Su provides a wonderful feeling of coming home for me. I left as a student, (relatively) new in the ways of the monk. And I return a master, leading the charge to defending the world against the Burning Legion. Kang's dojo wouldn't have given me that sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    And I dunno if Kang would have had training grounds or a dojo. He taught in secret. Perhaps after the mogu were overthrown, but ehh. It'd have significance to us but at the same time, I just don't know. We aren't monks of Pandaria.
    I think he would've, the only way they over threw the Mogu where by his teachings and I doubt he did it openly. Maybe in the dead of night, but that wouldn't give us a amazing order hall...I have a picture of it and everything in my mind
    Obviously I happen to like much of everything that's there. The Windwalker artifact's a bit weird, I'll admit, but I like the concept. Windwalker's about striking with the speed of wind, so they get fist weapons that are a hurricane in your hand, almost literally. The Mistweaver staff I think is spot on, and the Brewmaster staff is an exquisitely perfect summation of the Brewmaster fantasy: a wandering beer-lover. Shen-zin Su provides a wonderful feeling of coming home for me. I left as a student, (relatively) new in the ways of the monk. And I return a master, leading the charge to defending the world against the Burning Legion. Kang's dojo wouldn't have given me that sense.
    Yeah I like the other weapons, and there questlines for the most part(haven't seen BrM but how can it suck with the Monkey king in it). But Wind-Walker's quest is very lacking to me and could've been waaay better...even as little as taking out Li Li and working with Taren Zhu or another Shado Pan member, or even a fresh new character not of pandaren decent or relation.

But I truly, truly would've love to meet Kang and fight alongside him. He is a legend.
    Your idea is alright. I don't think that it necessarily makes more sense because we know that the first monks did not in fact use weapons. We don't know when they started to as part of their martial art. I also dunno about dealing with Kang's spirit. We know that pandaren's spirits live on in the land but it strikes me as kinda weird. And this only seems to be a solution for Windwalker, not Mistweaver, as you assert.
    I know they didn't use weapons, but hand wraps, with runes stitched into them? Or maybe he crafted Fist weapons after the fact...I mean its not like they didn't make alot of new lore for pretty much every artifact weapon outside of DoomHammer and Ashbringer. I'm fine with the Mistweaver weapon honestly, its perfect for them. While I didn't really pay attention to their artifact quest/story I don't think the theme of it is bad at all

I'm fine with Shen-zin, but I would've loved a temple. But instead got a small island, which is cool in that sense, but it doesn't hold the connection value for me and feels less badass then lets say, the shadowpriest or paladin, or Demon Hunter Order Halls, and to me..our order hall lacks order since it seems to be just a council of pandaren not a coming together of said class, and we know their other monks out there, not of Pandaren
    Last edited by Therris; 2015-12-13 at 09:04 PM.

I think he would've, the only way they over threw the Mogu where by his teachings and I doubt he did it openly. Maybe in the dead of night, but that wouldn't give us a amazing order hall...I have a picture of it and everything in my mind
    I think having a dojo and teaching in secret are two opposing concepts. A dojo is a building, and is therefore more easily detectable. I saw Kang as a traveler who went around teaching the pandaren in secret, at the dead of night in some secluded area around where they lived. I think that's much more badass.

Yeah I like the other weapons, and there questlines for the most part(haven't seen BrM but how can it suck with the Monkey king in it). But Wind-Walker's quest is very lacking to me and could've been waaay better...even as little as taking out Li Li and working with Taren Zhu or another Shado Pan member, or even a fresh new character not of pandaren decent or relation.

But I truly, truly would've love to meet Kang and fight alongside him. He is a legend.
    I mean, he's dead is the thing, innit? I doubt Pandaren a lifespan of 12,000 years. You'd need some timewarpy weirdness to do that, and I'd prefer to have the monks be grounded in the present. And he's not on the Timeless Isle. Or was not.

And I thought li li was in the Windwalker one? I mean I've been starving myself of details but that's one thing I remember hearing.

I'm fine with Shen-zin, but I would've loved a temple. But instead got a small island, which is cool in that sense, but it doesn't hold the connection value for me and feels less badass then lets say, the shadowpriest or paladin, or Demon Hunter Order Halls, and to me..our order hall lacks order since it seems to be just a council of pandaren not a coming together of said class, and we know their other monks out there, not of Pandaren
    Well, the Isle does have a temple. Several in fact. And realistically, it's in alpha right now. Things like who's there, how the story is told, are still in the air.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, he's dead is the thing, innit? I doubt Pandaren a lifespan of 12,000 years. You'd need some timewarpy weirdness to do that, and I'd prefer to have the monks be grounded in the present. And he's not on the Timeless Isle. Or was not.
    We go on a mental vision quest through meditation and those events reply in our mind, I said that in the OP...plus spirits, lots and lots of spirits everywhere in World of Warcraft
    And I thought li li was in the Windwalker one? I mean I've been starving myself of details but that's one thing I remember hearing.
    Yeah I said take her out, she holds no relevance to monk at all really (...atleast to me) and she's still the same annoying little Panda.
    Well, the Isle does have a temple. Several in fact. And realistically, it's in alpha right now. Things like who's there, how the story is told, are still in the air.
    If its not made out of stone, and dug into a mountain then its not what I want lol, and still I want it to be Kangs dojo xD. If you could see it in my mind you would too. I loved the Peaks architecture and style, so its something like that but 10 times better

We go on a mental vision quest through meditation and those events reply in our mind, I said that in the OP...plus spirits, lots and lots of spirits everywhere in World of Warcraft

Yeah I said take her out, she holds no relevance to monk at all really (...atleast to me) and she's still the same annoying little Panda.

If its not made out of stone, and dug into a mountain then its not what I want lol, and still I want it to be Kangs dojo xD. If you could see it in my mind you would too. I loved the Peaks architecture and style, so its something like that but 10 times better
    That doesn't really strike me as being very windwalkery though. Windwalkers are the balance between an inner serenity with a fierce exterior. And spirits are really more the avenue of the Brewmaster, according to older lore. I think something like that works in Assassin's Creed, where you go through this trail from the ancient past in order to find the location of / get access to an artifact of power, but I dunno.

Ohh I misread. Yeah no, Li Li is awesome, and she's the niece of Chen. She's a monk character and she's pretty iconic. I like that she's there. And I mean, the Shado-Pan aren't really monks. They have some, but you can see a very wide variety of classes make them up. Taran probably is? And then there's the Brewmaster, but a lot of the rest are rogues, warriors, and magi.

Eh, to each their own. I think Pandaria's old hat.

7+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't really strike me as being very windwalkery though. Windwalkers are the balance between an inner serenity with a fierce exterior. And spirits are really more the avenue of the Brewmaster, according to older lore. I think something like that works in Assassin's Creed, where you go through this trail from the ancient past in order to find the location of / get access to an artifact of power, but I dunno.
    Monks meditate, Mistweavers/Brewmaster make teas to induce visions. But this would be the intro, not the start of our artifact quest line, just what we do before we do the weapon quest. Like what warlocks do.

I didn't even make the connection to Assassins Creed, honestly that makes it so much cooler now that you said that

I don't know what you're referring to about Brewmasters being spiritual, but I don't think that is canon anymore

Monks meditate, Mistweavers/Brewmaster make teas to induce visions. But this would be the intro, not the start of our artifact quest line, just what we do before we do the weapon quest. Like what warlocks do.

I didn't even make the connection to Assassins Creed, honestly that makes it so much cooler now that you said that

I don't know what you're referring to about Brewmasters being spiritual, but I don't think that is canon anymore
    We do meditate, but ultimately we'd be meditating through the entirety of it, technically. I feel like Windwalkers aren't about spiritual journeys. They're more about being out there, doing stuff.

I think only Assassin's Creed can pull off Assassin's Creed stories. I know I'd never do that in any of my works, just because I'd find it silly in most other contexts I think.

I'm referring to the Warcraft 3 fluff of how brewmasters would create and imbibe alcoholic spirits as a means of communicating with nature spirits. Was never called non-canon, though it's an obscure, dated reference.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2015-12-14 at 01:33 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm referring to the Warcraft 3 fluff of how brewmasters would create and imbibe alcoholic spirits as a means of communicating with nature spirits. Was never called non-canon, though it's an obscure, dated reference.
    Well I think blizzard forgot about it. Honestly if that was present in the spec I'd like it a lot more!!!!
    We do meditate, but ultimately we'd be meditating through the entirety of it, technically. I feel like Windwalkers aren't about spiritual journeys. They're more about being out there, doing stuff.
    Gotcha, I like spiritual concepts, but I get what you mean. I just think it would be a really cool way to show The Mogu uprising with elements of monk that are currently in game. Like a vision quest or a spiritual journey. If you ever watched Avatar The Last Airbender, kind of like what Aang does in the spirit world, or when Firelord Roku shows Aang his life to make him understand how he will defeat Fire Lord Ozai.

Monk Hood, or Monkism (what ever word you want to use, I like monkism) is all about spirituality, even Wind-Walker, even as you said Chi is basically power of the spirit right? So it would fit..