View Poll Results: What title do you want in Legion?

Voters
299. This poll is closed
  • , Conjurer of Tirisgarde

25 8.36%
  • Archmage

195 65.22%
  • (Grand) Sorcerer/ess

38 12.71%
  • (Grand) Magister/strix

63 21.07%
  • (Grand) Magus

47 15.72%
  • , the Guardian

26 8.70%
  • (Grand) Magistrate

22 7.36%
  • (High) or (Grand) Arcanist

37 12.37%
  • (High) or (Grand) Wizard

29 9.70%
  • Spellreaver

15 5.02%
  • Spellbinder

23 7.69%
  • Mage-Lord

30 10.03%
  • Something else (written below)

9 3.01%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Thought I definitely think the title 'Archmage' seems the grandest and coolest, I never saw the point of having titles that everyone gets, I always thought of titles in an MMO as a way to show off your cool achievments, and I would much prefer titles like 'Archmage' to be reserved for things you can show off, like Maxing out all of your artifact weapons.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Archmage -Khadgar clearly said I was one of the best he had ever worked with in the legendary quest line

Deleted
    Archmage
    (Grand) Sorcerer/ess
    (Grand) Magus
    (High) or (Grand) Wizard

Has anyone completed the class hall yet? Is our title implemented, and if so, what is it?
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Has anyone completed the class hall yet? Is our title implemented, and if so, what is it?
    I have yet to complete it in Beta. My understanding tho, is it will be Archmage.

Deleted
    On this patch you get conjuror at the start, the NPCs announce it explicitly, but you don't get it technically. I do not know if that implies 2 titles. Blues recently said that the titles felt premature so it might be 1 title eventually.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    On this patch you get conjuror at the start, the NPCs announce it explicitly, but you don't get it technically. I do not know if that implies 2 titles. Blues recently said that the titles felt premature so it might be 1 title eventually.
    Yes, I think we keep our Tirisgarde title (sadly) but we don't get it on Class Hall acquirement but after we do our campaign story.

Well, according to Chaud a few months ago, the Conjuror title has never been in the game files. Later, the new titles were datamined that showed mages getting Archmage, but that has not yet been confirmed either. You now get the title after completing class order hall campaign though instead of when you unlock the order hall at first.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we really end up getting Archmage as a title, I'll never look at another title again. Thats the end of the line for me. All I've ever wanted
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    I agree Archmage sounds the coolest. But all my characters only ever use 'Jenkins' and always will. Shame we can't use a before and after option together. Archmage Tabby Jenkins, now that I would run with.

While I can't confirm it with a screenshot to show proof of it, we do in fact get Archmage as our title. I saw a mage on the beta just last night while I was on it that did have it. If I see him again while I am on, then I will get a screenshot to show it, assuming that I myself am not getting close to obtaining it myself .. as I am on the 2nd set of the 0/5 specific order hall missions.

*Edit* - http://imgur.com/zEHY5Fz

Sorry Ataxus, you just happened to be the first person that I saw right as I logged in.
    Last edited by sabelas04; 2016-06-05 at 02:59 AM. Reason: screenshot link upload to confirm title

Since Druids get Archdruid, it would make sense for Mages to get Archmage right?

I'm really glad that the title was in fact changed. I think Archmage is the quintessential Mage title for us in the lore by now. We've done so much, it only makes sense that we've become Archmages ourselves.

Maybe this thread/poll had a tiny bit to do with the title change, and maybe it didn't at all. I like to think it did, and it only was possible thanks to everyone who voted and spoke their minds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    We've done so much, it only makes sense that we've become Archmages ourselves.
    It's not a single player game though and having a horde of archmages running about in the same room sounds silly. The lore of the actual game (and not the entire franchise) could take into account that it's a massively multiplayer online game that can have fantasy to support that fact. It can have lore to support the cooperation of players otherwise it feels like a bunch of single player game characters that just happened to drop into the same multiplayer server accidentally.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-06-05 at 10:11 AM.

This is the best news ever. I have wanted Archmage as title for so long i cannot even remember

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Thought we were done with cheap "Going back in time" stories?
    Going back in time how? Demons don't die unless you kill them in the twisting nether.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a single player game though and having a horde of archmages running about in the same room sounds silly. The lore of the actual game (and not the entire franchise) could take into account that it's a massively multiplayer online game that can have fantasy to support that fact. It can have lore to support the cooperation of players otherwise it feels like a bunch of single player game characters that just happened to drop into the same multiplayer server accidentally.
    That is basically what WoW is and what WoW has always been, the lore has always been focused around a small band of adventurers on both factions. Not a army of thousands of players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    That is basically what WoW is and what WoW has always been, the lore has always been focused around a small band of adventurers on both factions. Not a army of thousands of players.
    Yes, a band. This is like single player though, even further than that. Archmages are extremely rare, much rarer than a 20man group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, a band. This is like single player though, even further than that. Archmages are extremely rare, much rarer than a 20man group.
    Lore wise only 1 Mage becomes the class leader. So only the 1 Mage gets the title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Lore wise only 1 Mage becomes the class leader. So only the 1 Mage gets the title.
    Exactly the point.