Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    I may eat my words, but Lol. You just hate Portuguese don't you?

They're just another shit team we will play with 11 players behind the ball.
    We had this discussion back when they played Iceland, seems most people are actually quite fond of Portugal and want to see them do well. It's just we can see that they're not creating enough good chances, and that defensively they're a bit dubious.

Deleted
    Hold on, let me get this straight. On one side we havev france Germany Spain and Italy?

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    We had this discussion back when they played Iceland, seems most people are actually quite fond of Portugal and want to see them do well. It's just we can see that they're not creating enough good chances, and that defensively they're a bit dubious.
    That poster specifically is always either attacking Portugal or Ronaldo, every post he writes about Portugal is criticizing and, well, general hating, on the team and players.
    @Djalil Wikipedia's website about the Euro is really well organized and has a simple text format. It has a layout easy to follow for the knockout stage.

Deleted
    Thank you. Croatia has a good chance at actually winning this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dutch people have a tendency to dislike Portugal, usually happens when a team is responsible for some very painful losses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Thank you. Croatia has a good chance at actually winning this.
    At this point, I'd agree that they're the best side on that side of the run-in. Whoever gets through from the other side though is going to have to play some damn good football. So it's not going to be England.

I think it's likely to be Croatia vs Belgium on that side at the end of everything? Croatia look very very good though, Belgium could up their game and be a real threat, but right now Croatia seem the better team.

Deleted
    Croatia looked extremely solid especially considering the players they were missing.
    The team coming out between Spain Germany Italy and France will be playing good football that's true. Having said that, they will also be knackered after that many top end matches.

- - - Updated - - -

Double posting like a boss
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2016-06-22 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    A Croatia - Italy final would be very entertaining, including outside of the pitch. Their fans have no love for each other, especially considering the swastika incident in the qualification.

- - - Updated - - -

Today a reporter from a portuguese tabloid asked a question to Ronaldo if he was ready for tonight, so he took the microphone and threw it to a nearby lake xD
    Last edited by mmoc6cf4b9154f; 2016-06-22 at 10:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    That poster specifically is always either attacking Portugal or Ronaldo, every post he writes about Portugal is criticizing and, well, general hating, on the team and players.
    @<a href="http://www.mmo-champion.com/member.php?u=911973" target="_blank">Djalil</a> Wikipedia's website about the Euro is really well organized and has a simple text format. It has a layout easy to follow for the knockout stage.
    This poster was talking about Hungary and how this poster thinks they're doing better than what most people initially expected. But go ahead, twist it and use it as an excuse to call me a hater. I literally have no reason to hate Portugal, the only time I saw Portugal vs. the Netherlands was in the last Euros at which point it didn't even bother me.

I don't hate Ronaldo either, I just like to poke fun at him when he gets sad after a loss and blames it on the opponent, kinda like how people throw a fit at Trump when he says he wants to build a wall on the Mexican border, for example. If you're really going to call me out for simply liking Hungary then you're absolutely nuts.

Actually, I like what he did in this particular video, because the media is just generally shite and sometimes need their mics ripped out of their greedy claws.

Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2016-06-22 at 10:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just gonna post that video! As a Ronaldo hater myself I actually thought this was hilarious, and I absolutely applaud him for doing it. Shit talking media is annoying as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I was just gonna post that video! As a Ronaldo hater myself I actually thought this was hilarious, and I absolutely applaud him for doing it. Shit talking media is annoying as hell.
    Heard that specific media source kept spreading lies about his private life, so I don't particularly pity that journalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Heard that specific media source kept spreading lies about his private life, so I don't particularly pity that journalist.
    Makes it even more understandable! Really dislike the media, and especially the gossip ones. They do anything and everything just to feel relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Makes it even more understandable! Really dislike the media, and especially the gossip ones. They do anything and everything just to feel relevant.
    One of the reasons why I hate de Telegraaf. They often just copy paste other sources (and are terrible at it) and sometimes I read things on there that are worded completely differently on their claimed source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    One of the reasons why I hate de Telegraaf. They often just copy paste other sources (and are terrible at it) and sometimes I read things on there that are worded completely differently on their claimed source.
    Pretty much only read news from the NOS and YLE (Finland) nowadays. Telegraaf is indeed really dodgy at times. Likes to sensationalize news rather than just report it. Ah well we live in a world where click bait titles have become the norm really. When websites see traffic generated it is easy to see why they do it, but it is very annoying for the average reader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there ya have it. Iniesta said he wanted to take the penalty, but Ramos, who wasn't having a good night to begin with, was 100% confident. I guess that won't happen again.

People actually checked why Ronaldo did that to the microphone instead starting to bad mouth him right away? I am surprised!

Anyway, i think we will want to win. Drawing is too risky, it can go bad. And it's better to be first anyway.

I hope Austria beats Iceland too, their football is way more attractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    CMTV is despicable. I'd have thrown in the river the reporter and the cameraman along with the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    CMTV is despicable. I'd have thrown in the river the reporter and the cameraman along with the mic.
    Yup, Ronaldo never answers their questions in interviews for a while now and now they send a guy to him, near a lake. LMAO!