Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, it shouldn't be a surprise that the FIFA corruption scandal happened. I mean, look at the hosting nations for future cup... HOW IS CORRUPTION NOT OBVIOUS?
    I don't mind a Russia too much. They hosted a good Winter Olympics. But Qatar... jeez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Holland won't be winning no world cup. That's a curse. Will get knocked out in the semi-finals/final again.
    Sadly, you are 100% correct but it is fun to dream every time, and get it shattered in the semi. Usually with penalties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That would make Germany automatically the winner, since they'll remain undefeated.

2022 should be boycotted. Seriously, who's "bright" idea was it to carry it out in December in such frigid weather?
    2022 is qatar isnt it?

Deleted
    As well you should, I still haven't forgiven you 1990. Never seen such a despicable game in my life...
    Are you referring to the spit? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    2022 is qatar isnt it?
    Yeah .

10+ Year Old Account
    As well you should, I still haven't forgiven you 1990. Never seen such a despicable game in my life...
    My memory sucks but was that the Völler/Rijkaard incident? The spitting?

2022 is qatar isnt it?
    Yup and the new stadions are built on thousand dead slave workers.

I don't mind a Russia too much. They hosted a good Winter Olympics. But Qatar... jeez.
    Well, if I wasn't hating on Russia in general so much, I'd have to admit that they actually do play a lot of football. Not good football, but they like it as a sport. So there I would understand it, but Qatar is just a joke. I see no reasoning behind that one at all, except money. And it's so obvious that it hurts us still trying to go through with it. Did you know in Germany they actually ponder making a break in the league in winter just so they could have the world cup during the winter?

A world cup in winter??? Who'da thunk that was a good idea? World cup/Euros + BBQ is an age old tradition that just... I swear, if they do it in winter, I will be standing out there in the fucking snow with shorts and a t-shirt, I'll have a cold drink in my hands and I will fucking BBQ the shit out of that tournament. If I die of pneumonia, I will blame FIFA with my last breath...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    My memory sucks but was that the Völler/Rijkaard incident? The spitting?
    Yes. What else could it be? The icing really was the red card for Völler. I was in a room full of people and they completely lost it. I lost my can of soda, too. Last time I saw it, it was accelerating rapidly towards the TV set...

- - - Updated - - -

Are you referring to the spit? lol
    Yep.

I'd have no other rivalry stand between the Netherlands and us. England thinks they got a big rivalry with Germany... well, no. They don't. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. What else could it be? The icing really was the red card for Völler. I was in a room full of people and they completely lost it. I lost my can of soda, too. Last time I saw it, it was accelerating rapidly towards the TV set...
    In the Netherlands everyone dislikes Völler with a passion, but yeah the red card was undeserved, Frank Rijkaard clearly spat at him. It was quite a horrible game, more like war than football. It is what happens sometimes when two major rivals play and the emotions aren't kept under control. Normally it leads to great games but in that case it led to really dirty football.

In the Netherlands everyone dislikes Völler with a passion, but yeah the red card was undeserved, Frank Rijkaard clearly spat at him. It was quite a horrible game, more like war than football. It is what happens sometimes when two major rivals play and the emotions aren't kept under control. Normally it leads to great games but in that case it led to really dirty football.
    I wouldn't have it any other way. It's why I keep cheering for Holland when you don't play us.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't have it any other way. It's why I keep cheering for Holland when you don't play us.
    I'll be honest I am actually for Germany this tournament. It's a love/hate relationship. I admire Germany for their really modern football.

Deleted
    That would make Germany automatically the winner, since they'll remain undefeated.

2022 should be boycotted. Seriously, who's "bright" idea was it to carry it out in December in such frigid weather?
    isnt the 2022 in December because Qatar is ungodly hot in the summer, and it would be ridiculous for teams to play there?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be honest I am actually for Germany this tournament. It's a love/hate relationship. I admire Germany for their really modern football.
    i always root for Germany, last world cup was the first time a team ive rooted for has ever won! hoping they won't let me down this year again

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    You want vardy as a midfielder? Why not....

Already two great crosses from Rooney. Really like it when he plays like this!
    Why would vardy play as mid field? have 2 up front so its not just kane drawing out defenders solo

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, you are 100% correct but it is fun to dream every time, and get it shattered in the semi. Usually with penalties.
    Didn't mind 2010 too much though. Am half-Spanish so I was rooting for both teams, but after Robben fucked up twice and that flying karate kick I decided to root for Spain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Yup and the new stadions are built on thousand dead slave workers.
    A thousand souls a day are needed to build the stadiums in qatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why would vardy play as mid field? have 2 up front so its not just kane drawing out defenders solo
    I like the idea of two up front pulling defenders away for space. David Villa was a master at it, gave Messi lots of space back at Barca.

- - - Updated - - -

A thousand souls a day are needed to build the stadiums in qatar.
    Seriously, with the strict rules in Qatar, I'm going to be wondering how many hooligans will end up in jail.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    it was shown in detail in the post match recap, he elbowed the keeper before hitting the ball
    I'll side with the officials on that, wasn't deliberate and the keeper should have done better regardless. Piss poor keeping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    isnt the 2022 in December because Qatar is ungodly hot in the summer, and it would be ridiculous for teams to play there?
    It's equally ridiculous to expect from the fans at home to celebrate in the frigid below zero temperatures.

Desert biomes aren't hot during nighttime in summer, they could easily move the matches into the night when their temperatures are cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    i always root for Germany, last world cup was the first time a team ive rooted for has ever won! hoping they won't let me down this year again
    Well I am always for Holland but it's a bit of a strange sensation we are not there this time! Though it's not the first time.

And regarding Germany, not sure who's going to stop them. Portugal maybe? France, if they grow into the tournament, I can see as a serious contender. Spain per usual though they aren't as good as they have been. I personally don't believe in Belgium. Coach is tactically quite poor, and so is their defense, but perhaps a dark horse.

Deleted
    It's equally ridiculous to expect from the fans at home to celebrate in the frigid below zero temperatures.
    well they can watch it at home :P they don't have to stand outside and watch it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I am always for Holland but it's a bit of a strange sensation we are not there this time! Though it's not the first time.

And regarding Germany, not sure who's going to stop them. Portugal maybe? France, if they grow into the tournament, I can see as a serious contender. Spain per usual though they aren't as good as they have been. I personally don't believe in Belgium. Coach is tactically quite poor, and so is their defense, but perhaps a dark horse.

Holland were my 2nd team in the previous world cup, i love the bright orange kit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't mind 2010 too much though. Am half-Spanish so I was rooting for both teams, but after Robben fucked up twice and that flying karate kick I decided to root for Spain.
    Well it was painful but in all honesty, if you aren't biased, Spain deserved to win that. 2014 I think we did ourselves in against Argentina. Robben should've scored there.

- - - Updated - - -

Holland were my 2nd team in the previous world cup, i love the bright orange kit.
    Well it's a good reason. I think our orange outfit is quite classy.

I just noticed I didn't even mention England as contenders for the title, probably because they always bottle it on big tournaments.