Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Deleted
    Shame that statistics don't win games though. No one can deny we've been the better team in both games, just couldn't make all those chances count.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    Shame that statistics don't win games though. No one can deny we've been the better team in both games, just couldn't make all those chances count.
    Yeah. If like a 1/5 of our shots on target entered we would be with 6 points and top scorers of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    welcome to our world (although we usually figure out a way to win the game in the end)

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, how not to take a panenka

https://streamable.com/kl3m

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Yeah. If like a 1/5 of our shots on target entered we would be with 6 points and top scorers of the tournament.
    So what you're saying is Portugal are terrible at scoring goals, y'know, the whole point of the game? Somehow we're meant to believe that you deserve to be better off. Right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    So what you're saying is Portugal are terrible at scoring goals, y'know, the whole point of the game? Somehow we're meant to believe that you deserve to be better off. Right.
    Terrible, no. Unlucky, yes.

When any team completely outplays and out chances their respective opponents you better believe they deserve to be better off. In any case, this isn't the end of the world for Portugal. We're notorious for making it harder for ourselves and always seem to play better against stronger teams.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2016-06-19 at 12:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    Terrible, no. Unlucky, yes.
    Unlucky? You've had 50 fucking shots! Fifty! I have no idea how you can complain about teams setting up defensively when you still manage to have fifty attempts on goal. Fifty shots with only one goal isn't "unlucky", it's awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlucky? You've had 50 fucking shots! Fifty! I have no idea how you can complain about teams setting up defensively when you still manage to have fifty attempts on goal. Fifty shots with only one goal isn't "unlucky", it's awful.
    No, what's terrible is not creating chances. If this was your precious England or w.e country you're supporting you wouldn't be saying things like this, would you? It's called bias for a reason and it's completely blatant.

Deleted
    17 of those were blocked by the opposition defense. In both Portugal's matches, the opposition goalkeepers were the man of the match, so yes, both unlucky and terrible.

You are doing a good job replying him. Keep it up cause i have no patience for it at this time of the night.

Deleted
    No, what's terrible is not creating chances. If this was your precious England or w.e country you're supporting you wouldn't be saying things like this, would you? It's called bias for a reason and it's completely blatant.
    Er? England have had 35 shots in two games scoring three goals, and there's a full inquest going on. Kane is likely getting benched and a charity fundraiser has been set up to bring Sterling home. If we had scored one goal despite having fifty shots against Iceland or Austria I can't imagine what would happen. Fraser Forster would be starting up front. If you were to say we'd been unlucky you'd be lynched.

Er? England have had 35 shots in two games scoring three goals, and there's a full inquest going on. Kane is likely getting benched and a charity fundraiser has been set up to bring Sterling home. If we had scored one goal despite having fifty shots against Iceland or Austria I can't imagine what would happen. Fraser Forster would be starting up front. If you were to say we'd been unlucky you'd be lynched.
    Problem is we don't have anyone to replace... Portugal has a lack of good strikers. We have some young players that are promises, but our coach didn't want to bring them (which I disagree, other countries, like England, did bring young players).
    A different coach would bring some youth players, like Scolari did with ronaldo in the euro 2004, but Fernando Santos didn't want to risk bringing a young striker instead of a more mature one (although Éder has 3 goals in 25 games for Portugal ...).
    If we get eliminated in the group stages, I'm hoping the federation opens their eyes and start looking at the youth teams, where they do not have stars, they have a squad playing for the team and for their country.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Ronaldo is so mediocre as an all round footballer it's not even funny. Messi can dribble, beat players, play beautiful through balls, score free kicks, score from outside the box etc."

Seriously, where are your facts to prove these claims? This is your deluded opinion, nothing more...

Ronaldo has scored more free kick goals than Messi during their respective careers. 47 goals scored by Ronaldo (for both club and country) are far more than 27 by Messi. - http://www.michelacosta.com/en/messi...ks-hat-tricks/

*Ahem*

So, who's the more complete player? Because it's definitely not messi, that's for sure. The only thing messi is superior at is dribbling (at this point in his career).

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, try again. Also, I take it you've never seen him play while he was at Manchester united. Watch the 08-09 UEFA Champions league semi final highlights between Arsenal and Manchester united and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Here's one moment of brilliance from that match.

Another one from the same season.

Last but not least, (imo) his best free kick to date.

Finally someone that knows what they're talking about. So many haters on here it's hilarious. Why are people bringing up this messi vs cr7 debate anyway? This isn't the place for it.

lol, Chile 7-0 Mexico

Well, least Portugal isn't Mexico. Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan View Post
    Finally someone that knows what they're talking about. So many haters on here it's hilarious. Why are people bringing up this messi vs cr7 debate anyway? This isn't the place for it.
    People on here are often dicks about Ronaldo, he is a smugfaced twat at times but as a person he's actually one of the better ones in football. Least he pays his taxes.

on topic of underperforming, why hasn't anyone mentioned lewandowski? he was invisible without a shot on goal in two games, compared to that ronaldo and kane were amazing

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    on topic of underperforming, why hasn't anyone mentioned lewandowski? he was invisible without a shot on goal in two games, compared to that ronaldo and kane were amazing
    He wasn't even trying to shoot, he was busy absorbing the defense and passing the ball, mostly to Milik who managed to waste 5 100% chances in the 2 matches, some of which were from Lewandowski's passes. You'd be better off comparing Lewandowski to Bale, as they are both playing for underdogs and expected to carry them. They go on about the carrying in different manner, though, Bale is scoring, Lewandowski is doing work for other players - the difference is that Wales don't really have anyone else who can score reliably for them, Poland does, which is what the coach is hoping for. That's why Lewandowski is stuck doing all the dirty work in offense. There are voices that he should start being more egoistic, though. STILL, being all covered by defense didn't stop Bale from scoring, so yeah, I guess you could say that Lewandowski is underperforming. Strikers need luck in addition to their skills, though, they may be invisible for 2 matches, but nobody will remember that if they score a goal that gets them through an important match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Indeed.

Guys, check this out:

Portugal is the 3rd best team in passing the ball with 89% accuarancy, only better is Germany with 91% and Spain with 92%.

Only second in ball possession compared to Germany 63%, Portugal has 62%.

Most shots, Portugal with 50! Croatia and England in second with 37! Less 13!

I must simply laugh.
    Ronaldo just cannot hit a goal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    He drew defenders away for Milik to score.

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    He drew defenders away for Milik to score.
    you can say the same for ronaldo then, nani was the dangerous one in both games

10+ Year Old Account
    Every 3 minutes and 36 seconds an attempt over 2 matches and only managed to score one goal? That's not unlucky, that's a poor performance.