Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I would put Cruijf above Messi, and Cruijf has multiple CL titles.
    I highly disagree. Messi and Maradona are both gods... others are all humans, exceptional humans like crujif zidane ronaldo (at his best he was amazing), but still humans. I didnt mention pele since it's really hard to judge a player just from videos, you need to live his generation.
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2016-06-28 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Co-coach is a dentist. F*cking love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Just seen this

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    England was clearly paying way way too much for such a crappy coach. Fatih Terim also overpaid for what he achieved (nothing).

Deleted
    Lots of English 'pundits' saying they don't want to go down the foreign route.

FFS Sven Goran Eriksson was one of the best coaches they had. Only got beaten by like of a (superior) Brazil and Portugal.

Compare that to Woy and McClown.

Deleted
    Southgate is fucking useless.
    I actually watched the under 21s at that tournament and it was a shambles.

Just putting that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Just seen this

That first one was already proven a lie, I think the player himself (Arnason) came out and said it was a lie.

Also England manager needs to get paid that much or no one would ever take the job, it's a poison chalice. Besides, he probably spends most of the money on security!

Also I do agree that Sven-Goran was actually a good manager for us, I never understood why he got so much hate.

Deleted
    Was Capello that bad?

Worse than McClown or Woy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    That first one was already proven a lie, I think the player himself (Arnason) came out and said it was a lie.
    Would you be surprised at Harry Kane being thick or Joe Hart being a loud mouth twat?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Would you be surprised at Harry Kane being thick or Joe Hart being a loud mouth twat?
    While Im not going to pretend Harry Kane is the new Einstein, I really doubt someone who has dedicated the past 16 years of his life to football is going to come anywhere close to that thick :P

Also I dont think Hart would be a twat, he seems passionate about the game and the football, I dont think he'd show that level of disrespect to an opponent. I mean he came out after the game, congratulated Iceland and admitted he was shit and 100% at fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Was Capello that bad?
    Capello has our highest win rate at 66% or something, I just dont think people were impressed with how we played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Capello has our highest win rate at 66% or something, I just dont think people were impressed with how we played.
    Press didn't like him because he tried to keep the players out of it. That's all that mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    England was clearly paying way way too much for such a crappy coach. Fatih Terim also overpaid for what he achieved (nothing).
    When becoming England's manager is the last job you'll ever have in English football, it has to pay well.

Finally the games start again tomorrow. I think Portugal will win 1-0. Goal at 85 minutes. xD

Lewandowski promised his mother he would eliminate Portugal...lol.

I just hope that if he starts scoring now (ando also Milik), Ronaldo also does it, he already has 2 goals but he didn't score again in the last one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember who it was, and I can't be bothered looking for it, but someone said the Belgian manager is shit. Well seems to me he's done a pretty okay job so far, with the team getting to WC 2014 and Euro 2016, not including how far they've gotten in both tournaments. Of course it's mostly down to the players at the end of the day to perform, but I wouldn't say Wilmots is "shit".

I'm happy with how far Belgium have gotten, any further is a big bonus to me. I don't want to predict how they'll do against Wales, but Wales only beat them in the qualifiers because Nainggolan literally headed the ball backwards, into his own box, right to Bale's feet where no defender was which Bale took advantage of, like he would.

Anyway, hoping Poland - Portugal will be a good game...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i guess the entire world but france (maybe even some frenchmen too) will be supporting the iceland team against france in the quarter final. And that's normal. They are the archetype of heroes, fighting the rising odd through shear force of will. it naturally appeals to us. But not me. i wanna see a germany - france or italy - france in semi final. In fact i especially want to see italy - france. i am well aware of rivalty between italy and france, this is the semi final i want to see, not germany iceland.

go france
    go italy

Portugal starting 11:

Rui Patrício
    Cedric, Pepe, José Fonte, Eliseu
    William, Renato Sanches, Adrien e João Mário
    Cristiano Ronaldo e Nani

Our best 11 pretty much, except for Eliseu. Raphael Guerreiro is so much better but he is injured. Hope Eliseu at least doesn't compromise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Portugal starting 11:

Rui Patrício
    Cedric, Pepe, José Fonte, Eliseu
    William, Renato Sanches, Adrien e João Mário
    Cristiano Ronaldo e Nani

Our best 11 pretty much, except for Eliseu. Raphael Guerreiro is so much better but he is injured. Hope Eliseu at least doesn't compromise.
    We're fucked with Kuba as their right winger xD

Hopefully he stopped eating so much picanha since our last game, the fat bastard. I'm not sure if he has renewed with Benfica yet, but I hope we use Grimaldo instead of him, he's just an embarrassing player to have on your team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i guess the entire world but france (maybe even some frenchmen too) will be supporting the iceland team against france in the quarter final. And that's normal. They are the archetype of heroes, fighting the rising odd through shear force of will. it naturally appeals to us. But not me. i wanna see a germany - france or italy - france in semi final. In fact i especially want to see italy - france. i am well aware of rivalty between italy and france, this is the semi final i want to see, not germany iceland.

go france
    go italy
    I'll only support Iceland while Portugal is in the competition, as soon as we're out, fuck them. Don't like them, not one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    We're fucked with Kuba as their right winger xD

Hopefully he stopped eating so much picanha since our last game, the fat bastard. I'm not sure if he has renewed with Benfica yet, but I hope we use Grimaldo instead of him, he's just an embarrassing player to have on your team.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll only support Iceland while Portugal is in the competition, as soon as we're out, fuck them. Don't like them, not one bit.
    As long as he doesn't fuck up today, he can eat all the picanha he wants.