Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else not in the holiday spirit this year?

The second half of this year has really taken any real happiness from me. From materialistic stresses to things I can't even control like someone close to me getting chemo, I can't really get in the holiday spirit.
    Looking at anything pass local news is a killer,no tv shows I watch ended on a happy note this fall finale, and I've been so mentally stressed I know I failed my college semester.

My mother keeps asking me to write a list of things I want and while there a few, I just don't even have the will or happiness to actually do something that simply.

So my two questions is anyone else feeling the same way and any tips to salvage this month of holidayness.

This year? Hah.

I feel like army life ruined holidays for me. It's just a day. This thanksgiving I ate with my friends family. Was nice. The last thanksgiving I recall before that...

Two friends died
    Found out my brother passed
    Got food poisoning
    Got dicked on emergency leave and stranded in Kuwait.

The holidays are not a happy time for me. Neutral at best.

Tips? Holidays are about family and friends. Keep it simple, enjoy days off, make nice memories and take pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

7+ Year Old Account
    I find that the holiday season always get better when your hanging out with your family or your friends

Its also good just to try to relax during the holidays (I normally spend a lot of time binge watching TV shows or movies)
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2015-12-12 at 06:45 AM.

Also. I failed my semester too. On purpose though.

Don't stress. Nothing is as bad as it seems. The measure of a person is how they bounce back from failure. Failing 100 times is fine so long as you succeed once.

Except in a firefight. You gotta win all of those, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

I am not religious and did not celebrate Christmas as a child (Jewish). No special attachment to this Christian holiday week/months long thing.

That is not to say I have anything against Christmas. What is annoying is the assault of Christmas-ing (??) that beings in like October and lasts till like February. Like for real?

It's the music mostly. Gives me a headache and every store in the US plays that crap non-stop for months. The same 3-4 songs over and over. The people that seem to think "Christmas is under attack!" are irrational and insane as well- I am being attacked by Christmas for months goddamnit.

I had enough of Bing Crosby and Burl Ives to last a lifetime. Believe me.

The only holidays I like are Halloween and Valentine's Day. Those are fun and end quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had the "holiday spirit" anyway. Or, rather, I have it all the time, not only on holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Yes and no for me. As a mother and head home-keeper-upper and shopper of all gifts for entire both sides of family.... I find Christmas time to be the most STRESSFUL time of the year for me. Traffic, shopping, getting a tree, putting up the tree, decorating the tree, Christmas dinner, and then.. bills. Yay stress.

I am thankful for my family though, they are here with me (immediate family, hubby and kids), however, my brothers and sister are over 1000 miles away. I got to see them for the first time in the past 5 years over this past summer. I really wish we lived closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    This year? Hah.

I feel like army life ruined holidays for me. It's just a day. This thanksgiving I ate with my friends family. Was nice. The last thanksgiving I recall before that...

Two friends died
    Found out my brother passed
    Got food poisoning
    Got dicked on emergency leave and stranded in Kuwait.

The holidays are not a happy time for me. Neutral at best.

Tips? Holidays are about family and friends. Keep it simple, enjoy days off, make nice memories and take pictures.
    I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for your service. And you are very much right, enjoy the days off and make the memories with family and friends. I hope this Christmas will be a happy one for you and your family. I served in the Army as well, so I know exactly what you mean by it's just another day. I remember having to spend a few Thanksgivings and Christmases at base because they gave me overnight fun duty time at the HQ. -_-
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Its a pretty relaxing time for me. We have a massive get together pot luck.. Sure shopping for twenty two people kinda sucks but it isn't all that bad we keep it to twenty bucks a person so no one is to taxed.

Overall good times good food and as a added bonus my uncle who has been dealing with depression for years has really cheered up. He honestly thinks the Nazi's are coming back.

Its kinda weird being a far right nationalist and being the moderate of the family... well save my bother's wife but she always seems to be ill around the holidays and never makes it. Still good times.

Deleted
    'this the season I can bake vanilla crescents without getting judged. Yay cookies everywhere.

I've always enjoyed Christmas, that one time of the year where the whole family is gathered for a few days.

I absolutely hate the holidays. This year is no exception.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Christmas is stupid.
    The music is much worse.
    I have one member of my family I care to spend time with, and that's barely.
    Retail during Christmas makes me want to off myself.

What's the point of this holiday again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I absolutely hate the holidays. This year is no exception.
    You like your work a lot, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Christmas is stupid.
    The music is much worse.
    I have one member of my family I care to spend time with, and that's barely.
    Retail during Christmas makes me want to off myself.

What's the point of this holiday again?
    Good food
    A lot of stuff is on sale
    Getting time off

I dont give a shit about Jesus, so there is that.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

I know how you feel, today I was told that there's a high probability of getting my left nut removed, so I guess I'm gonna spend my Christmas in the hospital

I'm never in the holiday spirit. However, I do enjoy the company of my family.

As for holiday traditions, nope, no tree, no lights, no crappy music. And if anyone wants to give me a present, either give that money to a charity or get me a pre-paid Visa card; I'll pick out my own shit, thanks.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Good food
    A lot of stuff is on sale
    Getting time off
    No time off. Our employers gave us the shittiest food I've eaten. Stuff on sale? I mean, yeah, maybe, if you're willing to wake up at 7:03 a.m. on Wednesday morning and click faster than everyone else.

Well I could be all edgy and unhappy or I could have fun, its up to me, so I choose to have fun. its my life, why punish myself?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Well I could be all edgy and unhappy or I could have fun, its up to me, so I choose to have fun. its my life, why punish myself?
    Wasn't trying to be edgy. Usually this month is where my family comes to town on my dad side, but since I'm in Texas I don't really have a thing to look forward to other then being with my mom and we don't get along much.