10+ Year Old Account

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one who buys the adventures primarily for the single player content and not for the dank OP meta breaking cards?

I really feel like I'm literally the only person in existence who does this.

Literally.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Honestly, I do enjoy the adventures. They're pretty fun usually, so it's a factor in my purchase I would say, yes.

But the cards are another, so it isn't primarily my reason.

No one, and I mean no one likes the adventures just for the single player, and not for the cards they bring. You're lying to yourself if you say you do.

No one is going to download Hearthstone because some adventure came out, drop $25 for that adventure, play it out, say "wow this story was so good I confused Blizzard for Tell Tale Games" and then uninstall the app without caring about those cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    No one, and I mean no one likes the adventures just for the single player, and not for the cards they bring. You're lying to yourself if you say you do.

No one is going to download Hearthstone because some adventure came out, drop $25 for that adventure, play it out, say "wow this story was so good I confused Blizzard for Tell Tale Games" and then uninstall the app without caring about those cards.
    You 'avin' a laugh, mate? Lord Slitherspear was a roller coaster of emotions.

When Finley was in the pot, I was only the edge of my seat.
    When I got Finley out of the pot, I was so relieved.
    When I played Finley, it was so exciting, I was ready to kick some ass with my new Druid hero power.
    When Finley was destroyed, it was Lee's death all over again.
    When Finley told me he was okay, I knew everything was going to be alright.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I like the Adventures. I look forward to figuring out a deck to beat them, sure, that's pretty easy stuff but I still enjoy it.
    I love the class challenges, sure, they are so simple you beat them every time, but I still enjoy them.
    For the heroics, I will probably let someone else figure the deck out, and sure, its all about getting the perfect rng, but man, I love beating the tough ones after 20+ tries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

I like the adventures and enjoy coming up with decks to beat the Heroic versions(Normal is a joke and I one shot 99% of them).

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    You 'avin' a laugh, mate? Lord Slitherspear was a roller coaster of emotions.

When Finley was in the pot, I was only the edge of my seat.
    When I got Finley out of the pot, I was so relieved.
    When I played Finley, it was so exciting, I was ready to kick some ass with my new Druid hero power.
    When Finley was destroyed, it was Lee's death all over again.
    When Finley told me he was okay, I knew everything was going to be alright.
    BibleThump

LoE has been my fave Adventure so far. Love the theme song and the trailer.....especially when Leeroy loses his shit at the end and goes for the pump. So much feelz.

Am I the only one who buys the adventures primarily for the single player content and not for the dank OP meta breaking cards?

Literally.
    And why can't you look forward to both? Because I bought it for the Single-Player fun and Card Rewards. Neither would I consider majority of the cards 'dank OP meta breaking cards' and more for different archetypes of variety and fun.

Deleted

Literally.
    I wouldn't say the only one, not since I learned the world is full of strange people, but I'm relatively certain you're in the minority. Personally, I think the adventures are great for breaking the runaway effect of total cards, giving people more time to collect bits of the expansions that they have yet to get. But aside from that, the adventures are kind of meh.

I would enjoy them a lot more if they weren't so darn ridiculous; normals are so easy that I'm falling asleep completing them and the heroics are just a massive exercise in patience and trying to overcome legendary hero powers (and usually, RNG). If they put more effort into fixing the AI so it wasn't on the intellectual level of a toddler, it could all be different.

But I guess Ben Brode's idea of fun drastically differs from mine.

10+ Year Old Account

Literally.
    I replay the adventures more than I should. I utterly love them. Dem class challenges! I LOVE them!

I loved Finley talking while we tried getting him out of the pot.

I like the heroics, or the occasional class challenges when that "win 7 games in any mode" quest pops up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once in a while I'll go to a random wing and click a random game and choose a random deck but that's it.

Literally.
    i think it's like 10% of the players actually enjoy the other features outside of just winning.