• Both

58 29.00%
  • Other (write in comments below)

16 8.00%
Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

This time of year is it Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

Also how old are you and where you from?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

In America the holiday is called Christmas therefore the greeting is Merry Christmas.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I say happy Holidays, others say Merry Christmas, the world continues on. 26 NC

Merry Christmas, or Frohe Weihnachten (as the locals say).

People who are triggered by Merry Christmas remind me of people who are triggered by "bless you" when someone sneezes.

If its before dec 20 or after the 26th, I say happy holidays. Other than that I say Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    People who are triggered by Merry Christmas remind me of people who are triggered by "bless you" when someone sneezes.
    I've encountered far more people who are triggered by "Happy Holidays.".

But I mean. I say "Merry Christmas" on December 25th, Because that's what Christmas is. I say Happy Holidays every other day because from the start of December until New Years Eve is what is generally considered the "holiday season".

So there's multiple holidayS. One of Which is Christmas. Which is not on any other day other than December 25th. Why the hell would I say Merry Christmas on December 12th? That's just doesn't work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Frueliche Weinachten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's whatever you are used to saying. People that take offense at a greeting because it does match their belief or preference don't deserve a greeting at all.

Merry Christmas

54 Sydney Australia

If that phrase "triggers you" : tough luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Merry Christmas.

24, Norway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not religious and I like to recognize diversity, so I usually just say Happy Holidays. I do say merry Christmas to family members, because most of my family is christian and get agitated when people use a different greeting. I don't get offended in the slightest when people tell me merry Christmas though.

I'm 21 and in North Carolina, USA.

Deleted
    People say "God jul" in Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It's whatever you are used to saying. People that take offense at a greeting because it does match their belief or preference don't deserve a greeting at all.
    Pretty much. But contrary to the narrative that this thread seems to be trying to create in my personal experience people get all butt-hurt and start going on about how persecuted Christians are in our society and how there's a big war on Christmas if you say "Happy Holidays." I mean really though... If you take the actual message of the nativity story...and then look at how we actually celebrate Christmas these days, you've killed the message of Christmas yourself.

Merry Christmas, don't like it? fuck off, because i don't like you.

It's Merry Christmas or in certain sector of the city Happy hanukkah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Pretty much. But contrary to the narrative that this thread seems to be trying to create in my personal experience people get all butt-hurt and start going on about how persecuted Christians are in our society and how there's a big war on Christmas if you say "Happy Holidays." I mean really though... If you take the actual message of the nativity story...and then look at how we actually celebrate Christmas these days, you've killed the message of Christmas yourself.
    If someone said the equivalent to "happy holidays" in Sweden, I'd be looking at them very confused. <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I've encountered far more people who are triggered by "Happy Holidays.".

But I mean. I say "Merry Christmas" on December 25th, Because that's what Christmas is. I say Happy Holidays every other day because from the start of December until New Years Eve is what is generally considered the "holiday season".

So there's multiple holidayS. One of Which is Christmas. Which is not on any other day other than December 25th. Why the hell would I say Merry Christmas on December 12th? That's just doesn't work.
    Christmas is 24th of December m8
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    When I say Happy Holidays I mean it to include both Christmas and New Years, I in no way mean to exclude Christmas. And if someone says either to me I first I repeat whatever they said lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    If someone said the equivalent to "happy holidays" in Sweden, I'd be looking at them very confused. <.<
    I always feel kinda bad for Sweden ;<