Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone use f.lux?

Anyone use this software or anything else similar? I'm just trying to see if this stuff actually helps the eyes. I can't stand looking at a super bright computer screen at night.

I've been using it on my laptop, along with Twilight on my tablet, for months and it's pretty great. You notice the orange tint if you suddenly switch to it being on, but when you let it just gradually change, you don't and it's so much easier on the eyes.

Deleted
    It's absolutely amazing. Keep using it 10/10 software.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lakeland, FL or the Temple of Atal Hakkar
    I use it and it helps a lot for me.
    Proud Troll player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep I saw one of my friends using it earlier this year and I got onboard, it's amazing. Eyes feel heaps better compared to previous years, but unfortunally it can't do much for my raccoon eyes I've developed over 15ish years of gaming/PC using.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly recommend giving it a try. Takes like a week at max to get use to the gradual orange shift but it's worth it. I've been using f.lux for years.

It's also free compared to $$$ stuff like Gunnar Optiks.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I would recommend it. Like others have said, you just need to get used to the lack of blue light, colors will look odd until you do.

Yeah, but the first few days the screen appears really orange. You get used to it pretty quickly and then wonder how you ever lived without it.

F.lux is really amazing and for me it have helped a lot. Don't notice that tiredness in your eyes when you look away from the screen and have to blink to adjust your eyes to the dark if you are sitting up late.

And you get used to the color quite fast.

F.lux literally saved my life. I'd be walking around with a headache 24/7 and would probably get migraine attacks at least once a month without it. Now (together with some life-changing dieting/exercising) I only have "normal" headaches like everyone else and haven't had a migraine in about 1,5 year. F.lux if course isn't the only reason why this has improved, but it certainly is a big factor.

I honestly wouldn't know what to do with myself anymore if I still had headaches 24/7 and regular migraine attacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    100% worth it as to me bright colors+night time=annoying as hell

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Using it since more than a year. The reason I installed was actually a different one. I couldn't sleep right after sitting in front of the monitor. I stumbled over an article some months later mentioning circadian rhythm and melatonine release and how unaltered cold monitor light tricks the brain into thinking it's still day. So a bit later looked for some recommendations for the correct monitor settings only to stumble over f.lux. All sleep problems vanished literally over night.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

15+ Year Old Account
    I can say that it´s great. The blue-screen to black-screen is very relieving for the eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Wow, glad I saw this thread. I had no idea that such programs existed or that I even needed one.

Already after having it installed for a few hours I can feel the difference. I use computers all the time for both at work and at home so this will help my migraines a fair bit!
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    This thread reads like appstore page for some app where the devs paid for the comments.:|
    After using it, letting it constantly crash my pc and giving me no relieve, mostly because i had no issues with using a pc for 14-16 hours a day anyway, i´m thinking most of the positive comments are payed for by f.lux.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Sure, it's pretty decent. Takes some getting used to that it changes the color of the screen though, I've been using it for a long time by now. o.o

Deleted
    Tried a few years ago but didn't like it, just stopped using it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    After using it, letting it constantly crash my pc and giving me no relieve, mostly because i had no issues with using a pc for 14-16 hours a day anyway, i´m thinking most of the positive comments are payed for by f.lux.
    It never caused anything like that here. Do you actually need it?
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    It never caused anything like that here. Do you actually need it?
    No i don´t. I uninstalled it after a week, the crashes stopped. I just wanted to give it a try, i continue to have no troubles sleeping.

I used to use it, but it didn't do much good in my case. My eyes are fine even if I spend tons of time looking at the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.