Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I always passed on school lunches, was questionable at best. Eat before and after school.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I always passed on school lunches, was questionable at best. Eat before and after school.
    Your meals should be evenly distributed throughout the day. 8+ hours without food, especially when you have a physical education class is dumb. In high school I used the school's gym before I went home and always got chocolate milk from the vending machine to recharge before I went home.

Prison food is literally water, a slice of bread, and "bologna" At breakfast they serve what is called a muffin or breakfast block or something and that's it. Very few schools are feeding kids that poorly
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2015-12-14 at 11:49 AM.

take your own lunch?

Deleted
    Most of the time i used to take my own lunch to school.
    Though i could go weeks where i'd buy food instead (£2/£3 was more than enough for a decent sized lunch and a drink).

The foods weren't particularly healthy, i remember the sarnies were pretty nasty but the pizza/hot dogs/burgers were all pretty good. Unhealthy though obviously.
    I finished secondary school just before the whole Jamie Oliver healthy school lunch stuff so no idea if it changed. I think my little brother caught the first changes and they started adding fruit and salad to the choices to choose from.

The school in question though, i could believe it easily. I think schools everywhere should provide healthy meals for the kids as well as teach nutrition to everyone!

Is anybody really surprised that when you go for the cheapest catering company you get shit food?

And they were right to reject PETA. They're fucking psychopaths. You don't want those cunts and their brainwashing anywhere near kids.

Schools should only provide healthy lunches, with perhaps one day of the week where they sell Pizza, Sausage Rolls and such as a treat. If parents want to send their kid to school with a packed lunch of unhealthy food, they can, but the school shouldn't be providing it, considering the obesity rate of children in schools.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboubacar View Post
    Your meals should be evenly distributed throughout the day. 8+ hours without food, especially when you have a physical education class is dumb. In high school I used the school's gym before I went home and always got chocolate milk from the vending machine to recharge before I went home.

Prison food is literally water, a slice of bread, and "bologna" At breakfast they serve what is called a muffin or breakfast block or something and that's it. Very few schools are feeding kids that poorly

Here is another person under the assumption that every country in the world gives people in their prisons the same food 10/10 for the logic in your thought process here.

Deleted
    Entitled little shits is what they are. Pay if you want better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Pay...what? You can't leave campus for lunch. You can pay for the same lunch others get free ..which is still shit. Or you can get the cantina food..which is edible but still not healthy in the slightest. Entitled lol.

Deleted
    ...? Taxes pays for food in schools, no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    They do.
    /10char

in Norway we dont even get food served we have to bring our own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    ... where?

Deleted
    They spend more per meal for prisoners, 50 swedish crowns per meal for a prisoner and like 8 sek for people in school. The only thing that can cause that, is their food being of relative good quality. I don't even spend that much per meal on my own food.

You what? No, this isn't true at all. Not everyone lives in a well-off family where you can eat really good. For some people the meal in school can be the only actual cooked meal they eat in a day.
    So about 5 euros? Hah, I bet it is about the same in Finland. Have heard about it, but can't remember precise numbers. That's pretty absurd. I personally spend about 2.5-3 euros per meal on myself and that food is half decent and healthy for most part.

Deleted
    ... where?
    In Sweden, as an example. School food is shit here from my experience.

Deleted
    In Sweden, as an example. School food is shit here from my experience.
    High school, we didn't get anything.
    You could if you were in dormitory, but almost nobody was.

University? We got something, but we still paid for most of it.

Our schools are free. They aren't welfare institutions.

15+ Year Old Account
    ... where?
    In Finland. The food is free up to university.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I don't understand why more schools don't at least provide a salad bar (mine did).

I mean it is literally the easiest thing you can do, all you need is a couple tables and the lettuce and shit. The most expensive thing would probably be the salad dressing. There is almost zero extra work for the cafeteria staff, just refill the bins.
    Mine did this as well and it was what I got the majority of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Not in the US it is considered an additional cost while it was like $1.25 ours wasn't bad I guess our cafeteria hired actual people to make shit rather than thaw it out.

I don't remember school food being _that_ bad. Most of what I had was edible and didn't make me want to puke. There were a few choice things I didn't like, and my mom would pack me a lunch on the days they served something like that (the school gave out menus for basically the entire school year in advance so you knew what you were going to get). But for the most part, it wasn't bad.

Isn't it some kind of health code violation or something if those schools are serving moldy fruit? :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Over here, we rent out stalls in the canteen to the general public to sell food to students(although the requirements are a lot stricter and the menu they propose have to fit certain guidelines for nutrition). Most schools subsidize the food as is, and for the more needy students they get cut-out coupons per month that can be used in lieu of money to pay for their food.

At my alma mater, soft drinks and certan kinds of fast food are prohibited from sale, but there were vendors that still managed to put out really good food, and generally we have very long lines for the more popular stalls.

The food standards were so high(yet cheap) that we even have parents coming in regularly to eat with their children, and many vendors were....pressured to stay open after class hours because many people wanted to eat before returning home.
    Shit like this is rare. If you went to public schools, you didn't get anything close to a good meal unless you brought it from home.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff