Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Shit like this is rare. If you went to public schools, you didn't get anything close to a good meal unless you brought it from home.
    It's a public school, but then again, most, if not all schools at where I live are the same, be it private or public.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's a public school, but then again, most, if not all schools at where I live are the same, be it private or public.
    I'm siding with the kids on this one. The meals in every school (upwards of 11) I went to, in three states (MA, NY, FL) had crap on a plate. It tasted like the primary ingredient was cardboard. I ate it anyway because I really didn't have much option, being poor and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Obviously if the fruit is moldy and generally bad quality it should be improved to a level that is acceptable for the price the children, parents or taxpayer has to pay...

But this framing is just terrible. It's as bad as prison food! The same place murderers and rapists go!! You don't want this for your kids do you???

Ofcourse prisons TOO have need for (quality) food, and healthcare for that matter, in order to better rehabilitate the inmates. But ofcourse we are talking about a country that is one of the few 'modern' nations that still considers a prison sentence as a punishment instead of a rehabilitation.

Edit:
    I just find this notion of the school providing food, especially high school, very alien. Is the wealth disparity in the US really that bad that students cant provide for and bring their own food? To me, that too is a lesson in self sufficiency that is now lost on these children all the way up to college.
    Last edited by mmoc042b88f2f8; 2015-12-14 at 03:46 PM.

Never had Prison food, had jail food, School food was better, I actually like soybean burgers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pizza is a vegetable. What else needs be said?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I don't understand why more schools don't at least provide a salad bar (mine did).
    \
    Are you going to trust them to have fresh lettuce?

I freaked out classmates by squeezing the "chicken nuggets" and having orange grease go all over the table. Hasn't improved since the 90's apparantly.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.