Deleted

So i respecced from Assasination to subtlety & seeking advice (logs attached)

Yeah, as stated in the title i recently changed out my assasination/combat to sublety/combat.

This night me & my guild ran a boostrun & i thought it'd be the perfect time to try out my new spec.

Though im aware that im doing things wrong - not optimal uptime on s&d & rupture which i of course will have to get better it.
    Other than the quite obvious things is there a certain thing(s) i should improve on?

As of now, even though im not performing the fights nearly as good as sublety i can still feel it's so much stronger than assasination on ST

Cheers everyone

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...yvjdh/#fight=3

I'll use Fel Lord as the example since its a pure single target fight on heroic. Rupture and SnD both fell off so you know about that.

The rest comes down to CD usage and appropriate pooling. 19 Ambushes is not bad, but you could have had an additional vanish if you had used your CDs better. You waited until around the 25-30 second mark to prep-vanish, so the next vanish did not line up with SD at all, nor with the third. Proper use of prep-vanish on the open will still allow the 2nd vanish to line up with the 1:00min SD and then again at the 2:00min SD.

you should either prep sooner (at the end of your first dance)
    or wait for your second dance to use it

you missed out on one vanish this way.

(this is basedo n your fel lord log btw)
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2015-12-15 at 12:18 AM.

Deleted
    Your opener is simply too slow. It takes you 1 second to apply SR + Rupture on the target, this should be done within 1 second, as vanish and SR are off the GCD you can make an opener macro where you pop SR + Vanish + Rupture in the opener. You had 5 ambushes in the opener instead of the ideal number which should be 7 max or at least 6. You either pop prep + vanish at start or you save it for the 2nd dance. I would pop it at start just so you can get more ambushes off and get that extra vanish in at the end of the fight. You're using abilities like hemorrhage twice in a row, you want to keep your rupture up at all times and backstab only. Plan ahead with your Honor among thieves. Mostly importantly though, your rupture uptime is awful, you miss out on so much damage simply because you don't reapply it, rupture gives you the highest value out of any other ability, even higher than ambush, yes. It's your highest priority.
    (Fel Lord Zakuun log)
    EDIT : Forgot to say which boss.
    Last edited by mmoc6768e793f8; 2015-12-15 at 10:38 AM.