Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Ha, I wish. Moonkin after 5 expansions of begging only got an HD texture of the same plain moonkin form that's copy pasta'd to 3 races with color variation and for tauren with some depressed downwards horns.

And for feral they got a uni-race "panther" that actually looks like a mix of a lion with a gargoyle's face.

And Druids still don't get to see their challenge mode armor or weapons animated ;3, the MoP cape looked retarded on feral, and the cat's attack animations are either swipe with one paw or swipe with both.
    But... but... you get to be a kitty :3
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    But... but... you get to be a kitty :3
    AKA untamed hunter pet.

no. looking bad. there are not many good monk sets out there. cm, soo and maybe tot sets are okish. but they dont capture the monk fantasy at all. monk should have some jedi robe style sets.
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really feeling it. With monks less is more, a minumist approach would be better. Those shoulders are way too bulky for a toon that is supposed to be agile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    AKA untamed hunter pet.
    Wildcat!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanian View Post
    Not really feeling it. With monks less is more, a minumist approach would be better. Those shoulders are way too bulky for a toon that is supposed to be agile.
    Lol have you seen the BRF set? I think it looks awesome, the Mythic one is one of my favorites (green is also my favorite color)
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

It's vaguely okay but sort of rogue-ish.

I have 2 monks and both are wearing the full mythic tier 16. I haven't seen anything else that's remotely as nice (and, well, I like robes)

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    It's vaguely okay but sort of rogue-ish.
    I actually thought this was the rogue set with the spikes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    It's literally just the season 14 pvp set but reimagined. It even shares the same colour scheme lmao.

Tier 19:

Season 14:
    This is a bit rant-y but this is one of the things I have been progressively more annoyed about with the game, tier sets that are just reskinned versions of earlier tier/pvp sets. Tier is supposed to be special, unique and an achievement to get; half-assing tier gear just seems like the laziest possible thing that an MMO can do in a game oriented towards challenging end game content.

Eh, we've had cooler sets. Personally want the mythic rogue set from HFC, most likely going to get that for tmog since there's non-set pieces we can get. I don't like what they keep doing with our shoulders, but some sets from mop were sweet, I just hope they design some more interesting looking sets.

Wow, that's ... I'll just say not my favorite set It's the Homer Simpson car of tier sets. A bubble dome here and here, shag carpeting, tail fins, and a metal bowler as a hood ornament. Make the horn play the desolace theme.

I can't even get why they feel the need to add so much "flair". Keep it simple. I mean I could see if they've exhausted the "simple" light monk sets but they haven't even done it once.

I kinda like the set but that helmet looks awful - will continue using my HFC mask.

Deleted
    Absolute shit, not only does it look more like a rogue set but its doesnt say "monk" at all.

Apparently Blizzard has never seen monks IRL.

But that's ok, because IRL is not Azeroth.

But I don't like it... it doesn't look at all like a martial art expert.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Yes, this exactly! I thought "class fantasy" was a big thing with the devs? Well, they certainly missed it with this ugly get up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post
    Absolute shit, not only does it look more like a rogue set but its doesnt say "monk" at all.

It seems like for some reason Blizzard thinks it needs to leave strong Asian influence on Monk art back in MoP. I think this is the wrong way to go. This set looks just so... generic. Not as generic as T18 (maybe the worst set of all time?) but still very generic. And why does the helmet include a handy choking rope for our opponent?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    It seems like for some reason Blizzard thinks it needs to leave strong Asian influence on Monk art back in MoP. I think this is the wrong way to go. This set looks just so... generic. Not as generic as T18 (maybe the worst set of all time?) but still very generic. And why does the helmet include a handy choking rope for our opponent?
    SoO tier didn't look very asian themed to me, and to be honest, I think that T18 fits monks very nicely.
    It's the bulky sets like 5.4 PvP set, T17, or this T19 that doesn't fit the class at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall I was impressed with Tier 19 the Druid set looks epic and the rogue set imo is the best since blood fang. However, when it comes to the Monk it's the worse set so far. Normal hoods are starting to get played out and just don't feel right on a Monk. Brim hats are ideal as are some sort of turban/wrap on the head. The minimalist style is the way to go with monks imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    And why does the helmet include a handy choking rope for our opponent?
    LMAO!!!

Also, I hate it. So bad. The leather honor set is awesome though! The Vindictive Combatant stuff... Id post a screenshot but the Alpha realms are down so I cant get one right now, ughhh

Deleted
    Maybe they're adding some nice 3D parts to this set like the other tier sets? I certainly hope so lol, T17 and T18 were both garbage and you don't make it up with this set :/. Tho T17 Mythic was good lol

Kinda dull. As many have pointed out it feels almost identical to a previous tier and doesn't particularly say 'monk'. If anything the hood screams rogue. I admit to being somewhat biased though because as a healer I only really want to wear robes. Tier 18 was a robe but awful - with what looked like a chest they never textured leaving me with the gear from siege or druid a likes as my set.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel more like a lesser version of a Rogue with the tier 19 armor set with spikes on my shoulders and my armor looking all torn up and ratchet. Not a fan. Luckily we have transmog.