Crystal Pepsi question (odd after taste of the 90s version)

So they reissued Crystal Pepsi, but only though some asinine contest bullcrap... That said, I was in high-school when the original Crystal Pepsi first came out and I remember distinctly that it didn't just taste like pepsi without color, but rather had an odd aftertaste. I was slightly obsessed with figuring out what the aftertaste was and my conclusion at the time was that it tasted like Pepsi with a hint of cloves (the distinct holiday spice that can make stuff taste like shit rather easily).

Anyway, when they first announced its return I was excited to see if my memory of the taste was right, especially since my adult palate is a lot more expanded than it was in my early teens. The only problem is that they aren't actually selling it, just giving it away in some contrived marketing scheme. So I'm wondering if anyone on the board has gotten their hands on it and if they can tell whether it states slightly of cloves or not...

That won't necessarily prove whether the 90s version did or didn't, it is a different product now and there is no way of knowing if it tastes exactly the same as the 90s version, but I'm still curious...

10+ Year Old Account
    At a guess, aspartame used as a chemical sweetener.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Fasolina View Post
    So they reissued Crystal Pepsi, but only though some asinine contest bullcrap... That said, I was in high-school when the original Crystal Pepsi first came out and I remember distinctly that it didn't just taste like pepsi without color, but rather had an odd aftertaste. I was slightly obsessed with figuring out what the aftertaste was and my conclusion at the time was that it tasted like Pepsi with a hint of cloves (the distinct holiday spice that can make stuff taste like shit rather easily).

Anyway, when they first announced its return I was excited to see if my memory of the taste was right, especially since my adult palate is a lot more expanded than it was in my early teens. The only problem is that they aren't actually selling it, just giving it away in some contrived marketing scheme. So I'm wondering if anyone on the board has gotten their hands on it and if they can tell whether it states slightly of cloves or not...

That won't necessarily prove whether the 90s version did or didn't, it is a different product now and there is no way of knowing if it tastes exactly the same as the 90s version, but I'm still curious...
    Not true, LA Beast addressed this in his video when pepsi hand delivered the first few 6 packs to his door. He said that they are currently doing it in contest but are talking about releasing it to shelves in summer of 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ynjaF6JRg

- - - Updated - - -

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Not true, LA Beast addressed this in his video when pepsi hand delivered the first few 6 packs to his door. He said that they are currently doing it in contest but are talking about releasing it to shelves in summer of 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ynjaF6JRg

- - - Updated - - -

OOOOH! Really???? damn, now the excitement is back!!! Will it taste as horrible as it did back in the 90s??? hehe. Anyway, that is good news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    At a guess, aspartame used as a chemical sweetener.
    I don't think it was aspartame because it wasn't the diet only that tasted like cloves to me (or any other soft drink with aspartame for that matter).

At least it tasted better than the New Coke, nothing tasted worse than that.

I just want to see surge being mass produced again. I heard that it was out again but I've not seen a single bottle yet on grocery store shelves.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Pepsi blue all day
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only Pepsi I ever liked was Pepsi Natural, which of course they pulled from the market really quick.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I just want to see surge being mass produced again. I heard that it was out again but I've not seen a single bottle yet on grocery store shelves.
    Dude i see them everytime i go into walmart
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!

10+ Year Old Account

Wish they could bring this one back !
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

I don't think we ever got pepsi crystal here, but my guess would be some artificial sweetener, considering it was in the 90's it may be banned now and they're using a different one.

we did get pepsi blue though and that shit tasted butt awful, but I hardly ever drink soda and think they all taste like shit so doubt my opinion holds any ground ^.^

Deleted
    Nuke Cola Clear?