[Legion] Dragonsfire Trap Gutted

Dragonsfire trap was turning out to be our only hard CC that wouldn't break from damage. It was broken in that it wasn't trinketable, didn't DR and would interrupt non-interruptable (bladestorm, etc) abilities on the alpha.

So instead of fixing those bugs and testing it out when working correctly, they completely remove the CC aspect of it in favor of a 20% slow. So the most CC we can possibly get as survival, through talents, is a trap that roots someone OR Freezing Trap, a trap that slows people by 20%, or Tar Trap (another slow). Sticky grenade doesn't CC currently -- not sure if it is supposed to -- it rather just makes their character jump, sort of.

I cant' dig for it right now, but there was a blue post/tweet/or blizzcon question where the developer said that survival wouldn't be getting more defensive abilities than other hunters in trade for being a melee spec, but they would have "a lot" of CC.

I get that a 15 second CD (with talents) 7 second "stun" would be OP, even with it being a "skillshot", but I really, really hope they either make it viable... because as it stands right now, every single melee spec has better survivability and more CC than us (even enhance has a displacement effect and a targeted stun in their talent tree!)

/rant

Is no one worried about this? We have the worst defensives and CC on alpha atm out of app melee

10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha is alpha. Things will change and continue to be tuned and adjusted as needed. But yes the CC effect on players was just absurd
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

It's discouraging to see them change it from a broken/bugged cc ability to a 20% slow. I'm not like the odds that they revert it back to the way it is but fixing the bugs that caused it to be imbalanced

Quote Originally Posted by jSewell View Post
    Is no one worried about this? We have the worst defensives and CC on alpha atm out of app melee
    it worries me a lot. I posted this in another topic

I'm not liking these changes:

the change to the dragonsfire trap. "sending it into a state of panic" is now changed to a very lame "slowing them by 20%" instead. way to remove that flavor and make it another generic slow blizzard. freeze trap, caltrops and ranger's net all have a slow mechanism. talk about boring redundancy

Sentry Turret change to a Spitting Cobra. another lame change. lots of potential gnome hunters just got kicked in the nads.

also Intimidation is so weak. it hasn't been changed in... i forget how long. but blizz thinks it is worth a level 60 talent point, on par with camouflage now.

Dragonsfire was ridiculously OP. I expected it to get nerfed into the ground.

Nerfed, yes... not completely changed and gutted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Alpha is alpha. Things will change and continue to be tuned and adjusted as needed. But yes the CC effect on players was just absurd
    You know why things change? Because people review it and give feedback ...

Damn an unbreakable CC on a 15 second cooldown and had no DR, didn't see that coming.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    Damn an unbreakable CC on a 15 second cooldown and had no DR, didn't see that coming.
    Yeah, totally expected them to replace it with a trash-tier talent instead of fixing its bugs. SV has such strong CC now to go with its strong self healing!

If you'd actually read my post, you'd see that I was in favor of nerfing it. The complaint is that it was an essential tool for survival in pvp and needed to remain a hard cc that was balanced. Not a 20% slow, which we already have an abundance of slows which are more than 20%.

I'd be happy if they made it a 45/60 second 5-6 second stun. There needs to be some form of stun or non-damage breaking CC for survival or else class parity is completely off for survival as they'd be the only melee spec without access to such a form of CC

Quote Originally Posted by jSewell View Post
    Not a 20% slow, which we already have an abundance of slows which are more than 20%.

yep. slow, another slow, a different slow at a different slow-ness. theres probably a couple more slows tucked away for a rainy day. its like when they would apply a band-aid by increasing aspect of the hawk another 5%. 'hey guys lets give them another slow and call it a day!' ...wonder how many redundant slows can one class have before they see how lame that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Yeah, totally expected them to replace it with a trash-tier talent instead of fixing its bugs. SV has such strong CC now to go with its strong self healing!
    Heh. It's still early, survival will probably end up with intimidation, either in choice or talent, seems everyone's getting a stun now. Self healing is pretty terrible for most classes now but obviously melee should have a little more healing or mitigation, I expect survival will end up with some sort of Damage reduction as well, maybe akin to soul link

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I did completely expect idiots to overreact to alpha changes. And that isn't sarcasm.