Deleted

Legion Idea: Fury without enrage.

With the newest Alphabuild blizzard changed a lot to reduce our Enrage time, Berserker Rage Only grants enrage with a Talent. BT Bonus Crit reduced to 25% (From 40%). Enrage Duration Reduced by another second (Live: 8 Seconds, Current Alpha: 5 Seconds). Introduced a Talent which: Furious Slash (AKA Wild Strike) always deals damage as if you were Enraged.

With these changes in mind, I assume blizzard doesn’t want us to be enraged all the time. The current Solution isn’t good at all and in my Opinion something significant has to change: Remove Enrage

Yeah I know, the Mastery is based on Enrage, some skills depends on enrage and BT is only there to enrage us.
    Removing enrage would be a big rework. But actually it isn’t such a big deal. A lot of the Abilitys are there and fit, some have to go and the Mastery has to changed.

These Requires Several things:
    New Masterys.
    A good set of Baseline Skills.
    New Talents to fit the Mastery and the Skills.
    Some Changes in the Artifact Traits.

Keeping the Artifact bonus/traits in mind, Blizzard value Crit a lot for Furys. And they want to create a fast paced gameplay with all the haste. I had this in mind when I createt this. And all the Skills + Talents are createt with the mindset: “The skills work without any Talents, Talents just enhanced it”.

First of all: Wild Strike is gone in my solution. This might be a personal thing, but I don’t like Wild Strike.

New Mastery: Rageing Fury
    Your Abilitys and Autohits generate X% additional Rage and your Rage spender deal x% more Damage.
    In Addition to this change the Maximum Rage for Fury is Increased to 150 and can be increased even further with Artifact Traits.

Baseline Abilitys:
    Bloodthirst removed, Berserker Rage removed.
    Raging Blow, grants 5 Rage, can be used without restriction. Critical Strikes grants double the rage.
    Overpower, grants 15 Rage, Proc, 100% Crit, DMG Increased by your crit value.
    Frenzy, 0 Rage, 100% Weapon Damage, Increase your haste by 5% for 10 Seconds, stacks 5 Times.
    Rampage, 50 Rage, Unchanged.
    Execute, 40 Rage.
    Heroic Strike, 25 Rage, gains double the Benefit from Mastery. Not on the GCD.
    WW: Just for Meatcleaver.
    Enrage Regen no longer consumes enrage, it Consumes 40 Rage.
    Everything else stays the Same.

Thoughts about Baseline Ability:
    Without Enrage we don’t need Bloodthirst anymore expect for Rage generation. I added the Rage generation into other core Abilities.
    Raging Blow have to be tuned down a small amount in comparison to live, because it is our filler without any CD.
    Overpower: Good ragegain with high DMG. Since its DMG doesn’t scale with our Mastery, Crit increases the Damage to let it scale with gear later on.
    Frenzy: Low hitting ability to grant a Buff that has to be maintained.
    Rampage: Primary, hard hitting Rageburner pre Execute.
    Execute: Yeah it is just Execute.
    Heoric Strike: Backup rageburner if I run into the Ragecap. Wasting Rage in HS is overall a DPS in loss compared to [B]Rampage and Execute but it is still stronger then Ragecapping.
    Yeah the Rage generation on Abilitys isn’t much, but don’t forget the Mastery.

Talents:
    Tier 1 (DMG Abilities with CD):
    Weapon Hurl, 45 Second CD, up to 35y Range: Throw your Weapons at the enemy. Deals X% - X% Weapon Damage, depending on distance to Target(Longer Distance = More Damage). When thrown from more then 10y Range, Reactivate the Abilty to jump to your Target, tearing the Weapon out of the Enemy, leaving a bleeding dot for x seconds, slowing the enemy by 50%.
    Ground Slam, 1 min cd, 8 Yards AOE: Slams the ground with your weapons, causing the ground to erupt and knocking enemys into the air. Deals X-X Damage, with the most dmg in the epicenter.
    Earth Rip, 1 min CD, 10 Yards AOE: Jump into the air and become untargetable for 1 Second. When you land rip Apart the ground, causing enemys to be slowed for x% and deals x dmg per Second.
    Tier 1 Background:
    These abilities don’t have a Ragecost and are later on more Utility then a high DMG source. Developed with Leveling in mind and Utility.
    Earth Rip might get a small range, but with the bad “You can’t use this here” form Heroic Leap, it probably should just effect the area where you stand.

Tier 2 (Movement/Def)
    Bounding Strike Stays, the CD reduction is increased to 20 Second.
    Enraged Regen: Removes the Ragecost for Enraged regen and reduce the CD to 1 Min.
    Double time: Your Charge have an additional Stack.

Tier 3 (Dmg Tier):
    Endless Rage: No need for Change.
    Early Death: Makes your execute available at 35% health Left.
    Tier 3 Background: DMG Tier where the Options play differently. Endless Rage just flatout increase your DMG over the whole fight. Avatar is just a Burst DMG CD if needed and Early Death increase your overall Execute DMG.

Tier 4 (Utility):
    Vigilance: Reduce the Damage taken of an Ally by X% and grants you rage depending on the migratet DMG.
    Inspiring Shout: Grants you Attackpower depending on the Damage Taken from party or Raidmembers during the Buff.
    Die by the Sword: Reduce your DMG taken by 30% and let you parry all attacks for 8 Second. Parrying an attack or Taking X DMG during the buff, grants you a charge of Overpower.
    Tier 4 Background:
    All these Buffs have to be capped to not go berserk on some encounters and intentionally standing in Fire. Right uses of the Ability should be rewarded with a bigger Buff then a CD Spam.

Tier 5 (Rage Modification):
    Enraging Blow: Your Raging Blow grants 10 additional Rage, critical Strikes grants the double amount.
    Berserker Blow: Let your Raging Blow cost 5 rage, increasing its Damage by your Mastery. Critical Strikes refund the rage costs.
    Bladestorm (Reworked): No CD. Ragecost increase with the duration:
    1 Sec = 15 Rage.
    2. Sec = 15 Rage. (30 in Total)
    3. Sec = 20 Rage. (50 in Total)
    4. Sec = 20 Rage. (70 in Total)
    5. Sec = 25 Rage. (95 in Total)
    6. Sec = 25 Rage. (120 in Total)
    Numbers might not be finshed. Ending a Bladestorm gives you a 10-30 Second debuff, until it is not expired, the ragecost stays at its last value. Debuff Duration might depend on Bladestorm duration.
    Tier 5 Background:
    New Bladestorm to let it scale with Mastery. Burst AOE.
    Raging Blow decision: Do I want more Rage for my Execute/Rampage or do I want to deal more DMG with RB for Heavy aoe fights for example.

Tier 6 (Frenzy Modifikator):
    Pound Machine: Each Stack of frenzy also increase your Attackspeed by x%.
    Rage Master: Increase your Additional Ragegain from Mastery by x% (Multiplikativ) per stack.
    Frenzied: Increase your Haste by additional x% per Stack.

Tier 6 Background:
    All Options are passive and modify your rage income on a different way.
    Frenzied gives you more rage out of your abilities and autohits. Works better with Higher cirt values. For a faster playstile.
    Rage Master gives you more rage out of your abilities and autohits. Works better with higher mastery values. Slower playstyle but less spammy to get rage and more focused on sepnding it.
    Pound machine gives you more rage out of your autohits. Increase your passive DMG and should have the lowest bonus Ragegain.

Tier 7(Modification Rage Spender):
    Rampage: Rampage DMG increased by 20% and consumes up to 100 rage to further increase Rampage DMG.
    Execute: Execute DMG increased by 10%, consumes up to 70 Rage to increase the DMG. Critical strikes refresh your frenzy duration.
    Rage Manager: Cut the ragecost of all your Baseline (No 15 second Bladestorm, sorry guys) abilities in half.

Artifact Traits:
    Replaced Some Traits which based on enrage or BT.

Battle Scars:
    Decrease Damage taken by 3/5/7/9/11%. (Same as most other classes)
    Bloodcraze
    Increase the Duration of frenzy by 1/2/3/4/5 Seconds.
    Deathdealer
    Execute critical strike chance increased by 3/6/10/13/16%.
    Fires of Odyn
    Whirlwind causes Raging Blow to lash out two streaks of fire for the next 8 sec, damaging all enemies in front of you for 6 Fire damage.
    Focus In Chaos
    While you have 5 Frenzy stacks, your auto attacks are guaranteed to hit.
    Helya's Wrath
    Rampage critical strikes refund 10 Rage.
    Juggernaut
    Execute increases the damage of Execute by 5% for15 sec. This effect stacks.
    Odyn's Champion
    When you use Rampage, Odyn has a chance to declare you the Champion of the Valarjar for 10 sec, causing you to generate 10 Rage per second and causes all special attacks to reduce the cooldown of all abilities by 3 sec.
    Odyn's Fury
    Unleash the fiery power bestowed in your weapons by Odyn, dealing (250% + 250%) Fire damage plus an additional 1 Fire damage over 4 sec to all enemies within 20 yards.
    Raging Berserker
    Increase your Maximum Rage by 10/20/30/40/50.
    Sense Death
    Execute has a x% chance to make your next Execute consume no rage. (Mastery still works)
    Thirst for Battle
    Decrease the cooldown of Charge by 2/4/6/8/10 Seconds.
    Uncontrolled Rage
    Charge generates 5/10/15/20/25 additional Rage.
    Unrivaled Strength
    Recklessness also increases critical damage by 10/20/30/40/50%.
    Unstoppable
    Rampage damage increased by 3/6/10/13/16%.
    Wrath and Fury
    Raging Blow damage increased by 3/6/10/13/16%.

Any Thoughts?

Can't say I'm super qualified to comment on all the theory of things, but it's a decent idea you got there. No idea if I'm a major fan of it though, generally I can't say unless I can give it a try ingame. :P

But it was a nice read that's for sure, I do wonder what changes Fury will see at the end of all this.

This is a great deal more interesting than alpha fury atm, that´s for sure.

It's interesting but why would we value Crit over Mastery at all? That Mastery is absolutely bonkers, increased rage gain and increased damage on rage spenders makes it the best stat by far especially with enrage not being around. You'd have to adjust the mastery to grant either one or the other, damage or rage gain. Personally I think it should be damage and we should have a baseline passive that causes Crits to refund rage on rage spenders and doubles rage gains on rage generators. That way you still want to strike a balance between Crit & Mastery because one is resource generation and the other is raw damage.

In any case, I doubt they'd remove enrage. It's pretty iconic to Fury and they've shown they're willing to sacrifice quite a lot to put emphasis on their own warrior fantasy regardless of the fact that many people disagree with it.

Yeah, enrage has always been an issue to the point where it simply needs to be removed. Even this shifting away from it blizz did with the latest patch is just going to cause more problems since we're still tied directly to it via mastery. We're essentially being given two rotations (both of which need to be balanced separately from each other), which is a stupid move.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yeah, enrage has always been an issue to the point where it simply needs to be removed. Even this shifting away from it blizz did with the latest patch is just going to cause more problems since we're still tied directly to it via mastery. We're essentially being given two rotations (both of which need to be balanced separately from each other), which is a stupid move.
    It's not really 2 rotations because outside of enrage you really don't have much to press besides Rampage and w/e they call Frenzy/Wildstrike now. The only thing enrage adds is RB for rage generation. Archi said it best in his post elsewhere, they're purposely creating gaps for the Frenzy/WS hybrid ability and it's just bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladio View Post
    It's not really 2 rotations because outside of enrage you really don't have much to press besides Rampage and w/e they call Frenzy/Wildstrike now. The only thing enrage adds is RB for rage generation. Archi said it best in his post elsewhere, they're purposely creating gaps for the Frenzy/WS hybrid ability and it's just bad design.
    I dunno, I get the feeling outside of enrage its supposed to be a viable competitive damage dealing thing now. They cant really balance that alongside an enrage period with its own different rotation.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I dunno, I get the feeling outside of enrage its supposed to be a viable competitive damage dealing thing now. They cant really balance that alongside an enrage period with its own different rotation.
    I doubt Furious Slash will be viable competitive damage. It's basically bloodthirst, 4.5s cd and it gives us a buff although in this case it's not enrage but stacking haste. The vast majority of our damage will still come from Rampage, RB and auto attacks. The only time FS will be used on CD is empty GCDs outside of enrage (which will hopefully be rare) and even then it won't be tuned to do more damage than BT (they're similar type of abilities/effects, no reason one will do more damage than the other).

I'm not seeing the different rotations here. We have Enraged: RB, Rampage, Furious Slash to maintain buff and Not Enraged: Rampage, Furious Slash to maintain buff. Those are basically the same thing in terms of ability usage. What changes (significantly) is how many abilities are used because how much extra rage we gain when enraged vs not. But the order in which we use them won't change at all.

No bloodthrist

No Fury.