Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Chinese ground troops to join Russian, Iranian and Hezbollah forces in Syria.

Just one of the several articles about this matter.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...e-against-ISIS

There has been reports that china is about to deploy "military advisors" (we all know what that means) in Syria, but there have been several other reports of actual chinese military personel being deployed in Syria, which are to link up with Russian forces in that country. Also a few days ago it was reported that Iran is going to deploy about 1k marines in Syria to fight alongside Russians. Seeing that there are already heavy Hezbollah presence in Syria, take into account that Russia and Iran seem to have armed Syrian forces with new equipment.

One has to wonder what the end game for Syria is going to be, is Turkey going to stand and watch as their politically backed rebels get mowed down? Is the west going to hand Syria over to Russians and Iranians? Airstrikes alone don't win a war, ground forces do. And so far the western coalition has not been willing to get boots on the ground in Syria.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-12-17 at 09:32 PM.

I don't have the time to go in depth atm, as I am stuck in traffic typing this on my phone; isn't the express a tabloid paper? Also Chinese military advisers. .. that's worth a lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    Also Chinese military advisers. .. that's worth a lol
    You're joking, right? Have you ever read The Art of War?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    The Express is a bigger joke than the Mail tbh in terms of being very right wing, and publishing corrections daily on its main stories because of how one sided they are. It's front page is pretty much either a Princess Diana conspiracy, or "proof" there is no climate change because some long range forecast predicted cold weather. It is pretty much just a parody of itself.

How many time the non-operational Chinese carrier was announced off Syria ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The Express is a bigger joke than the Mail tbh in terms of being very right wing, and publishing corrections daily on its main stories because of how one sided they are. It's front page is pretty much either a Princess Diana conspiracy, or "proof" there is no climate change because some long range forecast predicted cold weather. It is pretty much just a parody of itself.
    Hell they have outright admitted they make up shit just to sell and influence people to their views, I don't see how anyone is allowed to consider them a real legitimate source.

Deleted
    I seriously doubt the Chinese would bother, they always put economy before doing the right thing..they couldn't care less what happens in the middle east.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    There has been reports that china is about to deploy "military advisors" (we all know what that means)
    No...

What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    How many time the non-operational Chinese carrier was announced off Syria ?
    I saw the title to this thread and this was the *FIRST* thing that jumped into my mind.

Followed by

"not this shit again..."

China, America's Voldemort, certainly plays a very discrete antagonist role around the world. Where as Russia's leaders can't seem to go a week without threatened to destroy the planet for one reason or another, China just keeps it quiet. Most notably, they tried to get anti-air weapons into Libya during the bombing campaign to help Qadaffi shoot down NATO jets.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a small Chinese presence keeping an eye on Chinese interests in the region. That would be entirely normal. Beyond that, it's shades of ghost warship fleets all over again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    No...

What does that mean?
    military advisors is a bullshit excuse used by Iranians and Russians whenever they want to unofficially deploy troops somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's not just the express, over a month ago China got pissed because ISIS killed some chinese captives and vowed to do something about it. China may not go into Syria en-masse but they can deploy enough to participate in various military operations.

military advisors is a bullshit excuse used by Iranians and Russians whenever they want to unofficially deploy troops somewhere.
    Its also the excuse the US uses when they put CIA or Special forces on the ground.

I'm the last person to side with the Russians on anything, especially considering events in Ukraine, but on this one they are unfortunately right. Propping up Assad and expanding the influence of the Iranians is the only way to contain the madness in the region. Turkey needs to shut the fuck up, suspend the sectarian bullshit and play ball.

I'm not seeing anything about the Chinese Army going to Syria in the legit newspapers.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    I seriously doubt the Chinese would bother, they always put economy before doing the right thing..they couldn't care less what happens in the middle east.
    A few Chinese civilians/citizens were killed by ISIS for no reason.

At one point, China is thinking about doing major trade with Middle East.
    Then ISIS showed up ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind, scratch this post , the sources were not legit.

I'll be double checking next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    You're joking, right? Have you ever read The Art of War?
    Yes I have. In fact, I have my very own copy.

I scoffed at the idea of Chinese military advisers, because they lack far more military expertise than any party involved. So the idea that they wouldbe advising basically their peers is laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, scratch this post , the sources were not legit.

I'll be double checking next time.
    No worries. It happens to us all!

10+ Year Old Account

I scoffed at the idea of Chinese military advisers, because they lack far more military expertise than any party involved. So the idea that they wouldbe advising basically their peers is laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

No worries. It happens to us all!
    What better way for them to get real time experience (now that they finally have a joint command) than to join in on this clusterfuck of a proxy war that literally every "important" country is involved in.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account

When was the last time a ground war was won in Asia, again?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Just tell the Chinese that ISIS jihadist balls contain aphrodisiacs, ISIS will become extinct in a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Syria could easily turn into WW3 is some of these assholes like Trump are elected. I'm glad the US has been playing from the sidelines while others intervene. Russia has a port there, let them deal with it. If others want to jump on Russia's asshole then let them, we just need to keep ISIS from fucking with the West. Forcing regime change is what helped ISIS become what it is today, the US is smart to say fuck it all just keep that shit within your borders. Any regime change would just result in Iraq 4.0, meaning 20 more years of BS. BS I think the up and coming generation of American's are tired of off. BS the upcoming generation of the West is tired of. Doesn't matter if Russia and friends get their way or NATO gets its way, history will repeat itself until a) WW3 happens and there is a radical shift of politics within the region or b) the culture of the ME changes and the people rise up against the cycle of thugs filling power vacuums.

Russia, China, and Iran combined aren't going to change much within the region that hasn't already happened. Places that are trouble for NATO will still be trouble for NATO. People that don't like NATO will still not like NATO. Those who support NATO will still support NATO.
    When I say NATO I just mean people/leaders that are friendly to one of more countries part of NATO, not necessarily the organization as a whole.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2015-12-18 at 05:29 AM.