Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    When was the last time a ground war was won in Asia, again?
    but Syria isn't in Asia....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ublic_of_China

The point I am trying to make, is that, China has little to no combat experience compared to those in this conflict. Thus, China sending military advisers to advise those with more battle experience is humorous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Killjoy View Post
    What better way for them to get real time experience (now that they finally have a joint command) than to join in on this clusterfuck of a proxy war that literally every "important" country is involved in.
    See, I can agree with you here. Though I don't imagine China sending troops (inexperienced troops at that) into this conflict ending well for China politically or militarily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ublic_of_China

The point I am trying to make, is that, China has little to no combat experience compared to those in this conflict. Thus, China sending military advisers to advise those with more battle experience is humorous.

- - - Updated - - -

See, I can agree with you here. Though I don't imagine China sending troops (inexperienced troops at that) into this conflict ending well for China politically or militarily.
    Actually, Syria is in Asia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    What? Where the hell is it then?

Deleted
    Completely horseshit source. From the Chinese point view, they have no reason at all to be involved in Syria. Only thing they need to do is support Russian financially and politically and sell weapon to Syria government at the same time.
    Their plan is simple, stay out of trouble and develop their economy as much as possible. They no fools

A long time ago this forum had a debate about what constituted "Asia" and "Europe".

It was really dumb. Let's not do it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Just one of the several articles about this matter.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...e-against-ISIS

There has been reports that china is about to deploy "military advisors" (we all know what that means) in Syria, but there have been several other reports of actual chinese military personel being deployed in Syria, which are to link up with Russian forces in that country. Also a few days ago it was reported that Iran is going to deploy about 1k marines in Syria to fight alongside Russians. Seeing that there are already heavy Hezbollah presence in Syria, take into account that Russia and Iran seem to have armed Syrian forces with new equipment.

One has to wonder what the end game for Syria is going to be, is Turkey going to stand and watch as their politically backed rebels get mowed down? Is the west going to hand Syria over to Russians and Iranians? Airstrikes alone don't win a war, ground forces do. And so far the western coalition has not been willing to get boots on the ground in Syria.
    I don't see this happening at all. China simply doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    You're joking, right? Have you ever read The Art of War?
    Is that some contemporary work?
    Will the author be advising their forces personally?
    He must be quite experienced nowadays.
    Maybe we can get an interview on his take on air strikes, that would be interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Maybe we can get an interview on his take on air strikes, that would be interesting.
    I'm fairly certain Sun Tzu would find the concept insane.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. It is about time some other countries take a active role in battling terrorist organizations than the rest of the world relying on the US to give up their young to be killed for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The Art of War is vital to understanding military thought in East Asia.

His work does cover the employment of air power, in a manner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I'm fairly certain Sun Tzu would find the concept insane.
    There is no doubt he would disagree with sending troops to Syria.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what happens with Syria. I would prefer Assad over a broken country made up of several dangerous tribes/groups such as IS. The problem with the Middle East that they have no identity except for their religion, perhaps Iran has some identity due to its old history and culture, but the rest does not, they will therefore never become prosperous and unified.