Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can something be done?

My sister was studying in the US for a few months (God knows why...), and she had 2 room mates (1 boy and 1 girl) there cause she wanted to have the ~poor people in movies~ experience.

Anyway on her last day, while she was packing to go to the airport and stuff, she realized that her 5000$ watch, 450$ sunglasses, and about 700$ cash was missing. She obviously had no time to investigate because she had to go to the airport, but she texted the guy cause she suspected him asking if he took her stuff. Obviously he said no.

Anyway 12 hours later and she landed home, she checked that guys instagram and there he is showing off the watch and raybans. When she mentioned it to him he blocked her right away and made his account private.

I am guessing she can't press charges cause she's not in the US anymore? She doesn't really care about getting her stuff or money back, it's not alot of money for us, but she would like to see him get punished, so can something be done or?

I am considering on using my connections to have someone track him down and break some bones but I am not a violent person so I decided not to.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2015-12-18 at 04:43 AM.

I would contact the US police department in that city and ask and I would contact your embassy and ask them too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    I am considering on using my connections to have someone track him down and break some bones but I am not a violent person so I decided not to.
    Okay then...

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a pretty sick story... Yes, I second Hubcap's suggestion: contact the police department.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Keep tabs. Take a trip back and then beat his has (with a friend) and take her shit back.

Then never shack up with poor people again. Or at the very least, hide your shit next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This is a pretty sick story... Yes, I second Hubcap's suggestion: contact the police department.
    Good luck.

- Not in country
    - Proof of ownership?
    - Priority level? (zero)

Unless you wanna go back and get it yourself, I say just forget it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

Deleted
    My sister was studying in the US for a few months (God knows why...), and she had 2 room mates (1 boy and 1 girl) there cause she wanted to have the ~poor people in movies~ experience.

Anyway on her last day, while she was packing to go to the airport and stuff, she realized that her 5000$ watch, 450$ sunglasses, and about 700$ cash was missing. She obviously had no time to investigate because she had to go to the airport, but she texted the guy cause she suspected him asking if he took her stuff. Obviously he said no.

Anyway 12 hours later and she landed home, she checked that guys instagram and there he is showing off the watch and raybans. When she mentioned it to him he blocked her right away and made his account private.

I am guessing she can't press charges cause she's not in the US anymore? She doesn't really care about getting her stuff or money back, it's not alot of money for us, but she would like to see him get punished, so can something be done or?

If your sister wanted to use other people to gain a certain experience, maybe should have researched a bit better about life.

Poor people are hungry.

Why did she think it a good idea to flaunt wealth right in the face of the poor??

Perhaps you should have a think about that before you go and break some bones.

Although I object to people stealing, I'm afraid that your lack of life understanding is the primary cause of the objects being stolen in the first place.

cause she wanted to have the ~poor people in movies~ experience.
    If this really was part of the motivation, your sister really deserved it.

Although I object to people stealing, I'm afraid that your lack of life understanding is the primary cause of the objects being stolen in the first place.
    To Floss on Instagram?

I mean, if they stole it and pawned it for food then yeah, but this guy stole the shit to show off like he is blinged out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    Good luck.

- Not in country
    - Proof of ownership?
    - Priority level? (zero)

Unless you wanna go back and get it yourself, I say just forget it.
    Doesn't harm to try. Better than do nothing, after all.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who carries that much cash on them? Well, on the bright side, your sister got the poor person experience alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I'm poor and I would never do that to someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I'm poor and I would never do that to someone.
    I'm not exactly poor, but close - and I would give someone I know a lot from what I have, if it could save them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Who carries that much cash on them? Well, on the bright side, your sister got the poor person experience alright.
    The same people who have $5000 watches and $500 sunglasses...

On topic, did you save the image before he blocked you? Do you have proof the items were yours (receipts, etc)?

If you didn't save the image to give to the police they probably can't and won't do much... They aren't going to go bother the guy because some random person in a foreign country calls and accuses him of theft, not without even a modicum of proof. And without a warrant they can't just go into his home and look for them, and they definitely can't get a warrant with no proof.

I mean based on your opening sentence why would anyone in the USA have sympathy and want to help you with suggestions?

Sounds like your crappy karma some how flipped over to your sister. You should apologize.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just try not to show your good shiny stuff infront of poor people. Heck, whenever im going to poor parts of my city i switch my H1M8 with a cheap nokia classic i always keep in my drawer. I might be paranoid ... But meh, i always love to play it safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda pretty rude to use poor people as an experience for rich people. Just write it off as a maturity experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post
    Yep. Can't say I feel sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post
    Yeah. Definitely not feeling any sympathy...

Today I learned that people who frequent MMOchampion from Tokyo have connections in the US that are willing to commit crimes for them!
    Glad that was included, otherwise I might have actually believed this happened.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10/10 troll story. Would read again.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-12-18 at 04:28 AM.
    "There is no honor in mediocrity."