Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    I used to have this but lately, Ive only become nauseous 1 hour after I eat breakfast :/ I feel perfectly fine when I wake up though. Usually stay nauseous for a couple of hours, annoying as shit. No appetite.
    As long as you have actual medical advice, that's not unusual. I don't feel hungry until afternoon usually, and even the thought of anything earlier in the day (except, mentioned above, herbal tea, fruit, maybe toast) makes me feel sick.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    No, what is important is taking them at regular intervals, not at a specific time, you could take them in the morning, middle of the day or at night, as long as you take it at regular intervals and not skip taking it at those times
    Yes, of course regular intervals is what makes the drug work, not what time of the day it was taken....

My point was that maybe "feeling sick" or some other side effect is the reason why people usually take them in the evening/night instead of morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

When I was younger I never ate breakfast, now I do most of the time during the week but still rarely on weekends. (for a long time my breakfast used to be just a bottle of Diet Dew)

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Your body suppresses the functions of the stomach and instestinal tract and whatnot during sleep. You are probably feeling the after effects of this suppression. I would think it is probably worse for people who don't get the full recommended 8 hours sleep, since the body still wants to sleep, but you are forcing yourself to get up anyway.
    For me its the opposite.

If I wake up by myself, it takes me 30min-1h to be able to eat without feeling sick or even get hungry at all.
    If I wake up earlier for any reason I get hungry immediately. I always assumed it was because we train ourselves for a set wake/sleep and eat pattern so if I wake up sooner it means my next meal will be further away and therefore I need to eat.

Edit: If I force myself I can eat but not much and I get a weird feeling in my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes, of course regular intervals is what makes the drug work, not what time of the day it was taken....

My point was that maybe "feeling sick" or some other side effect is the reason why people usually take them in the evening/night instead of morning.
    I feel nauseous before I take it
    Last edited by Hana Song; 2015-12-18 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not able to eat instantly, I usually need to wait a couple of hours after I've woken up because I'll feel a bit queasy. I think it's pretty common.

an old roommate of mine didn't eat anything until noon for similar issues you describe OP.

As for me, I eat like a pig all the time.
    Last edited by slime; 2015-12-18 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    For me its the opposite.

If I wake up by myself, it takes me 30min-1h to be able to eat without feeling sick or even get hungry at all.
    If I wake up earlier for any reason I get hungry immediately. I always assumed it was because we train ourselves for a set wake/sleep and eat pattern so if I wake up sooner it means my next meal will be further away and therefore I need to eat.

Edit: If I force myself I can eat but not much and I get a weird feeling in my stomach.
    Study your sleep cycles at all? I have to because I'm somehow both narcoleptic and an insomniac. I can fall asleep on my feet with my eyes open, but as soon as I lie down, nope.

So, I started taking a sleep diary. It's pretty much, I have to be asleep for 2h15m or increments thereof, or I'm fucked. Stopped using the diary, now I can tell what time it is when I wake up by that increment and the traffic noises outside.

And for the topic: I eat when I eat. And right after I wake up, not time for eating.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel sick, no. However, if I eat or drink anything within three hours (yes, three, and the only exception being warm drinks such as coffee or tea) of waking up, I feel horribly sick, get stomach pains, and sometimes vomit. I've honestly had this my whole life and have learned to just not eat anything until closer to lunch time. I'm also 100% a morning person and say "no" to the whole "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" saying. Cuz it sure isn't for me.

When I was younger I was that way, but since I cut myself off from eating any after 7, I have no problem and I am hungry in the morning. Don't skip breakfast unless you want to put on weight.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    When I was younger I was that way, but since I cut myself off from eating any after 7, I have no problem and I am hungry in the morning. Don't skip breakfast unless you want to put on weight.
    Why would you put on weight by skipping breakfast?

Quote Originally Posted by General Junos View Post
    I don't feel sick, no. However, if I eat or drink anything within three hours (yes, three, and the only exception being warm drinks such as coffee or tea) of waking up, I feel horribly sick, get stomach pains, and sometimes vomit. I've honestly had this my whole life and have learned to just not eat anything until closer to lunch time. I'm also 100% a morning person and say "no" to the whole "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" saying. Cuz it sure isn't for me.
    Weird. I have the same thing with beverages in the morning, but it only happens with diet sodas. Any kind of juice, regular sodas, water, whatever, fine.

No, but lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night with a feeling of nausea and extreme hunger.

I've been that way my entire life. I feel fine in the morning, but if I eat within 1-2 hours of being awake (sometimes longer) I feel like absolute shit for the next few hours.

I just usually eat an early lunch. Although recently I have been able to eat a granola bar after about an hour of being awake and it hasn't been bad yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    I've been that way my entire life. I feel fine in the morning, but if I eat within 1-2 hours of being awake (sometimes longer) I feel like absolute shit for the next few hours.

I just usually eat an early lunch. Although recently I have been able to eat a granola bar after about an hour of being awake and it hasn't been bad yet.
    Just picking your post because it was the most recent... and sorry if TMI.

I have to poop about 1-2 hours after I wake up. Invariably. Before then, I feel many of the symptoms posters here are describing. After, then my appetite is back.

No? Just me? Damn.

It slows your metabolism and you tend to over eat as the day goes on because you start starving. Everyones body is different and when you are young this probably wont happen if you're active but as you get older it will more likely happen.

OP, see a doctor.

Personally I wake up STARVING every morning. I could eat breakfast every day. It's mostly because we eat dinner before 8PM most of the time and rarely snack after dinner. So it's maybe like 10-13 hours of no food by the time I am breakfast ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    OP, see a doctor.

Personally I wake up STARVING every morning. I could eat breakfast every day. It's mostly because we eat dinner before 8PM most of the time and rarely snack after dinner. So it's maybe like 10-13 hours of no food by the time I am breakfast ready.
    I used to be like that. Then something changed, and I no longer felt hungry in the mornings. That said, I usually eat something right before going to sleep (somehow it helps me fall asleep faster), so that might be affecting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Actually,, I remember reading about tests being done that looked promising. Going 12h without food in a day, then resuming your normal eating habit had shown to help shed off extra weight.
    Breakfast is the best option to skip.
    Regardless of studies, people telling you that breakfast is the most important meal in a day are just parroting a common saying, so to me, they're already discredited as a source of information.
    Your body doesn't care about the concept of breakfast, it only wants energy and it will tell you when it wants it by making you hungry.

Of course, with most studies in the diet department being bullshit, it's hard to know which ones to believe.

But the concept of having three balanced meals a day is a concept that requires an unnatural amount of food so it seems less likely.
    Last edited by Imatapir; 2015-12-18 at 02:58 PM.

Used to not be hungry when I woke up, only eating like 1-2 slices of bread just to eat something. Then I started working out and honestly, I would probably faint halfway towards lunch hour if I don't eat at least 3-4 slices of bread with breakfast nowadays. I guess what I'm trying to say is, work out.