Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    You mean the place where we make gnome jokes?

Hey Phookah, punt any gnomes lately? /sensiblechuckle
    huehuehuehuehue, can I be a green nao?

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    huehuehuehuehue, can I be a green nao?
    No, sorry. You still have to make a reference to Leeroy Jenkins and Hogger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Completely missing the point of his tweet. What he means is: "If you are willing to put in the effort to contact us on channels outside the forums in a polite manner, We are willing to put in the effort to read your feedback and consider it". He doesn't mean "I will only take you serious if you got a twitter account". That's you twisting his words. The real meaning is a completely rational explanation of "if you can give feedback in an acceptable way, we are definitely interested in that feedback".

Also, the focus is not as much on "get a twitter account", but more on "be respectful and polite."
    His tweet is ultimately unnecessary and leaves himself open to someone taking him out of context. He should be simply ignoring the assholes and replying to the polite people. Other posters will notice who he does and does not respond to and behave accordingly if they want to get attention from him.

Just seems like you're taking bait when you have to get snarky and announce to everyone you will ignore assholes even though you're clearly not ignoring the assholes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    His tweet is ultimately unnecessary and leaves himself open to someone taking him out of context. He should be simply ignoring the assholes and replying to the polite people. Other posters will notice who he does and does not respond to and behave accordingly if they want to get attention from him.

Just seems like you're taking bait when you have to get snarky and announce to everyone you will ignore assholes even though you're clearly not ignoring the assholes at all.
    Am I living in some alternate universe where more than one person actually thinks you can't use the word "sucks" in giving feedback?

Not flying at 100 does suck. Having my abilities removed does suck. Sitting in my garrison with nothing to do does suck. No dailies suck. Ashran sucks. I'm sorry, do you want specifics? Then why don't we take it to the EU forums, where I personally have written multiple 10,000 word posts. Oh wait no, we don't use our forums and if we do, we only use the US ones. The EU ones may as well be /b/

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    So I have to use a third party tool for a third party communications forum to post constructive criticism on a game belonging to the first party?

Yeah, I can see why people tweet with "This sucks".
    You complained and got clearly upset over only being able to use 140 characters in a response so i showed you how to increase that amount. Clearly your only here to start fights and complain at this point if your still trying to argue against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I living in some alternate universe where more than one person actually thinks you can't use the word "sucks" in giving feedback?

Not flying at 100 does suck. Having my abilities removed does suck. Sitting in my garrison with nothing to do does suck. No dailies suck. Ashran sucks. I'm sorry, do you want specifics? Then why don't we take it to the EU forums, where I personally have written multiple 10,000 word posts. Oh wait no, we don't use our forums and if we do, we only use the US ones. The EU ones may as well be /b/
    Yeah, I think he's being a bit oversensitive in that regard, but my point stands. If you don't like how someone is tweeting you, don't acknowledge their tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRose View Post
    You complained and got clearly upset over only being able to use 140 characters in a response so i showed you how to increase that amount. Clearly your only here to start fights and complain at this point if your still trying to argue against it.
    Start fights with who? You? Then you must have some pretty thin skin if you think I'm trying to start a ... heh, "fight", with anyone.

No, what I'm doing is pointing out the stupidity and redundancy of using a third party forum to communicate criticism instead of their own forums. You, on the other hand, have only bolstered my point further.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Start fights with who? You? Then you must have some pretty thin skin if you think I'm trying to start a ... heh, "fight", with anyone.

No, what I'm doing is pointing out the stupidity and redundancy of using a third party forum to communicate criticism instead of their own forums. You, on the other hand, have only bolstered my point further.
    Most devs don't read their forums all day. The easiest way is to contact them via a third party means and go straight to the source. People are posting all day every day on forums and many topics get bounced off that have valid feedback. Unless they were to hire people with sole purpose of collecting feedback off forums, I don't see how they would be able to read and respond to everything posted.

Edit : I also distinctively remember people getting mad at devs and flaming them for responding on forums so much instead of 'fixing' the game throughout cataclysm and mop.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uggh, this thread is the reason why I actually dislike being part of the MMO-C community.

So much entitlement and whinging, CONSTANTLY about the most trivial shit.

Wish people would give the guy a break. I actually enjoyed how open he was initially. I got so much more insight and actual info from that guy than I got in years from the other blue PR clowns. Now the community has shut him up because of his crassness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Well, i think Mr. Holinka should focus on game design. PR is not really his thing.
    To be fair, game design isn't, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    This doesn't make sense. Why would he speak via a PUBLIC medium about stuff he doesn't want to be come ... public? Oo
    Because he's mind-blowingly, astoundingly, bafflingly, legendarily, jaw-droppingly, earth-shatteringly incompetent? It'd explain his performance at his job.

Also, lmao@poor Holinka. 'I don't like it when my stuff shows up on MMO-C' We don't like seeing your latest round of stupidity and arrogance, yet you've got no trouble spewing it out onto the internet.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Uggh, this thread is the reason why I actually dislike being part of the MMO-C community.

So much entitlement and whinging, CONSTANTLY about the most trivial shit.
    I guess we should just let them do whatever they want with our £10 (and equivalents) per month. Great idea. "maybe if we don't talk about it, it will sort itself out."

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Common sense would make such training useless.
    Common sense doesn't cover the 10,000 buzzwords that makes MMO-C flip their shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess we should just let them do whatever they want with our £10 (and equivalents) per month. Great idea. "maybe if we don't talk about it, it will sort itself out."
    Your subscription covers access to servers, nothing more. You can't buy developer decisions for $15, and that's how it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bugler18 View Post
    Well, either way, why delete the tweets?
    Because people make mistakes with tweets, because he knows how whiny the playerbase is, and how they'll latch on to anything they say kind of like what is happening now. Seriously. Would you rather he not answer you at all? Because you just did what he said you would do. You went right to mmochampion.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post

Your subscription covers access to servers, nothing more. You can't buy developer decisions for $15, and that's how it should be.
    So, what the customer wants doesn't matter. Right. Ion was your name, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    To be fair, game design isn't, either.

Because he's mind-blowingly, astoundingly, bafflingly, legendarily, jaw-droppingly, earth-shatteringly incompetent? It'd explain his performance at his job.

Also, lmao@poor Holinka. 'I don't like it when my stuff shows up on MMO-C' We don't like seeing your latest round of stupidity and arrogance, yet you've got no trouble spewing it out onto the internet.
    You sound mad. About a video game. Is that an accurate statement?

- - - Updated - - -

Said nobody ever. But he's 100% right. You don't purchase developer decisions. Want to purchase developer decisions? Start investing in the company.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Said nobody ever. But he's 100% right. You don't purchase developer decisions. Want to purchase developer decisions? Start investing in the company.
    And then back to reality we go! In reality, keeping your customers happy increases sales. Sales means more money. Yes, you can short term milk your customers for increased burst of profits, but long term it is unsustainable. What they are doing is unsustainable.

So I repeat, listen to the customers. What the customer wants is the most important thing, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bugler18 View Post
    So, starting last night, I had an interesting convo with Holinka. He deleted all of his tweets, so I can only tell you what happened.

I spotted a Gamespot article: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pop.../1100-6427560/

I tweeted Holinka the link, and asked if there are any plans to do anything about this. He replied, and mentioned @Gamespot that GS needs to correct the article, that Blizzard never claimed that 100k were banned. After about a minute, he deletes the tweet. Before he deleted, I linked him that widely known ScreenShot of a GM convo that stated +100k were banned. This was last night.

Today, he replied to that screen shot, saying that the screen shot could be fake. He then deletes that tweet as well. I ask him Why are you deleting tweets after I reply... and he responds with this: http://imgur.com/jUBWsSG "@MailbornJenkins I don't like my tweets showing up on MMO-C and wowhead."

Odd, is it not? Correct me if I am wrong, but twitters like @Holinka, @Bashiok @Watcherdev are Blizzard accounts. In my opinion, there can be no expectation of privacy when using official handles. I could be wrong, but wanted to see the reaction of everyone.
    Don't care much for the bickering, all that I take from the convo is that they didn't ban 100k people - which *is* valuable info, thanks.

That aside, there is some satisfaction in seeing Holinka hide and be afraid of tweeting. He deserves every bit of it.

Your money gives you access to the servers and gives you access to forums, you have the same power as anyone else, or one voice in millions. Some people want raids to be cancelled, some want pet battles to go away, some would have classes deleted or abilities and or specific mounts and items removed from the game. Just because someone who pays for access to your product has a complaint and or feedback does not give them total control over how the design process is made. Because all in all, most fan suggestions although at times neat, really do suck or have technical limitations that would cause more problems than they may solve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    This doesn't make sense. Why would he speak via a PUBLIC medium about stuff he doesn't want to be come ... public? Oo
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.