Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Am I the only one that thinks this is bowing to terrorism >.>

Costume Policy:
    AMC does not permit weapons or items that would make other guests feel uncomfortable or detract from the movie-going experience. Guests are welcome to come dressed in costume, but we do not permit masks or face paint. In short, bring your lightsaber, turn it off during the movie, and leave the blaster and Darth Vader mask at home.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    Costume Policy:
    AMC does not permit weapons or items that would make other guests feel uncomfortable or detract from the movie-going experience. Guests are welcome to come dressed in costume, but we do not permit masks or face paint. In short, bring your lightsaber, turn it off during the movie, and leave the blaster and Darth Vader mask at home.
    How is that bowing to terrorism? O_o

How is it not?

10+ Year Old Account
    What?

This seems totally reasonable.

I think it's bowing more to the fact that people have a habit of shooting up theaters recently, and it's not the terrorists everyone is scared of.

Not being able to bring a toy blaster or wear a mask to a movie theater? on premier night?

Not being able to bring a toy blaster or wear a mask to a movie theater? on premier night?
    And so dies The Republic.

Yes it is to do with terrorism, that doesn't make the security measures unreasonable.

Deleted
    This has nothing to do with terrorism.

This thread feels like first world problems to the max, or would it be a third world problem actually? Guess it depends on how you look at it.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2015-12-18 at 03:03 AM.

How is it not?
    Its not even before 9/11 many places would not let you come inside with a mask on or a hoodie over your face.

It has more to do with the fact of people shooting places up then terrorism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algythor View Post
    This thread feels like first world problems to the max, or would it be a third world problem actually?
    First one then the other.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its not even before 9/11 many places would not let you come inside with a mask on or a hoodie over your face.

It has more to do with the fact of people shooting places up then terrorism.

- - - Updated - - -

First one then the other.
    Idk, even post 9/11... I remember going to the first lord of the rings movie premire at midnight. Bro's were walking around in orc masks with actual swords. Like Metal swords.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no problem with this policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems reasonable honestly. There have been enough shootings at theatres that I don't think it's unreasonable to take some precaution. It sucks it has come to this but it has. It's a huge release, I don't think it's crazy to want to be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    This seems reasonable honestly. There have been enough shootings at theatres that I don't think it's unreasonable to take some precaution. It sucks it has come to this but it has. It's a huge release, I don't think it's crazy to want to be cautious.
    Where does it end though? Where's the point where its better for a few innocent people to die than it is to give another freedom away? At this point its just getting absurd, what people will give up for a little more safety.

Where does it end though? Where's the point where its better for a few innocent people to die than it is to give another freedom away? At this point its just getting absurd, what people will give up for a little more safety.
    Clearly it only ends when cats take over complete control of the world and bring about world peace.

At this point its just getting absurd, what people will give up for a little more safety.
    Then our concepts of "an acceptable level of freedom" are not aligned. To me, the demand to take a firearm into private property against the owner's wishes is a direct assault on their freedom to establish rules within their, once again, private property and thus has no bearing on whether or not I'm more or less "free."

If you want to play the conservative card, you have to understand the difference between private and public.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Costume Policy:
    Nope. Some people won't be considerate until you make them. Turn off your gahdamn lightsaber and blaster toy during the movie. Can't see the movie in a helmet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I think it's bowing more to the fact that people have a habit of shooting up theaters recently, and it's not the terrorists everyone is scared of.
    This is factually incorrect. Movie theater shooters are almost non-existent. You probably have a better chance of dying in an automobile accident then being shot while attending the movies.

I understand the policy and I always agree with the mantra, "better to be prepared than not" - but lets not make it out like its something its not.

With that said, movie theaters are private property and they are well within their realm of setting policy. Don't like it, don't go.

OR maybe I don't want the SHWOOOOSH AND ZAP ZAP ZIPPY ZAP PEW PEW of toys going off while im watching a movie.