Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    I think it's for the best that Sanders goes independent. Trump won't go 3rd party and I doubt he'll win the nomination.

Sanders could win it if he went independent. This is what America needs.
    He would get next to no votes, more than any Independent before though. Worse yet, it would divide the Democratic party and almost guarantee a Republican president, even Trump.

Edit: Not party bashing, I just don't like any of the Republican candidates that I know of.
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2015-12-19 at 02:14 AM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Debbie Wassarman Shultz has about 24 hours to undo this
    Given that she's actively out there messaging in favor of Clinton, I doubt it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    What a complete and utter whitewash of what Sanders' team did.

Deflection #1: "The company is run by somebody who had worked with Clinton before, therefore they're obviously rigging everything for her!"

Deflection #2: "We were only doing it to White Hat!"

Sanders' CTO and his reports dug around in the Clinton data for nearly an hour, including its most valuable data. They did not need to do this to verify and report a problem. If that was their goal, the Sanders team should have been the ones breaking news of the breach by notifying the DNC. And they should have run their tests against their own data, not the opponent. White Hats are White Hats by reporting the problems, not exploiting them.

But yeah, it's Team Bernie so all of his staff is made of sugar and spice, while every other staff are evil schemers doing "hatchet jobs".
    if you go to a site like Netflix and because of a software glitch you are able to watch movies you normally have to pay to watch would you call Netflix and tell them or would you watch the free movies ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    How is this supposed to work? The firewall goes down between campaigns and they're supposed to gauge the severity by looking at data they are already supposed to have?
    You use an account not of your own campaign to look at your own data. You don't breach into someone else's account.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    if you go to a site like Netflix and because of a software glitch you are able to watch movies you normally have to pay to watch would you call Netflix and tell them or would you watch the free movies ?
    That is the thing.

They were the ones who reported it. So this is more like you reported a software flaw to netflixs and they respond by cutting your access.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

and who wants to make a bet that none of this about Sanders suing the DNC and the Clinton campaign calling the Sanders campaign thieves will be brought up in tomorrows night debate by the moderators so to keep the DNC and either candidates look bad
    You mean the Dem debate that is being buried on a Saturday night during college football season and Star Wars release weekend? I think it is pretty clear why the DNC scheduled the debate the way it did.

They took a page out of Blizzard's scheduling book.

You use an account not of your own campaign to look at your own data.
    This isn't a public system.

You use an account not of your own campaign to look at your own data. You don't breach into someone else's account.
    I don't think this service has guest accounts.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    You should read it a little more as the Bernie Sanders campaign was the ones who reported it. Keep reading.
    From the Politico article: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...sue-dnc-216942
    Records show that during a 40-minute span that began at 10:40 a.m. on Wednesday, four Sanders staffers sifted through the Clinton campaign’s data and conducted 25 specialized searches, according to a person familiar with the breach. The most valuable information obtained, the source said, were lists of individuals the Clinton campaign has identified as its most hardcore supporters across 10 states, as well as lists of those individuals whose support for Clinton is wavering, and could therefore be convinced to support Sanders instead.
    According to a review of the audit logs, Sanders operatives conducted searches for Clinton supporters over 70 — a number that indicates those voters are hard core Clinton supporters unlikely to be swayed by any outreach by the Sanders campaign. And they searched for Clinton supporters under 30, a number that showed the support was not strong and those voters could be easily swayed. The audit logs also show Sanders’ deputy national data director Russell Drapkin granting access to their colleagues to view the proprietary information.
    Oh, yes, such noble white hatting that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I don't think this service has guest accounts.
    It has accounts from other Democratic candidates and campaigns that could be used that aren't direct competitors. If you're trying to actually white hat.

Best the DNC cool it with Sanders and not piss him off like they did
    because of the real possibility Clinton gets indicted he is all they have left to fall back on

It has accounts from other Democratic candidates and campaigns that could be used that aren't direct competitors. If you're trying to actually white hat.
    So you're saying they should use someone else's private information to probe their private information instead of using their private information to probe Clinton's. This makes sense.

No one is going to be giving them access to their lists. That's the entire point to the system being seperate and secure.

This also looks fishy as hell when you consider that there's been basically a media blackout on Sanders' campaign, since multiple of the major media networks are all Hillary donors.

Then this becomes a big deal right as Bernie's campaign gets a news headline that would otherwise be impossible to ignore (clearing 2,000,000 individual donors... the most by a candidate ever).... and a day before a major Dem debate... (which is another can of worms of the screw job the DNC is putting on Bernie, since they went out of their way to hold as few debates as possible, and to host them at times that minimize exposure, further pushing Hillary as the de facto candidate)

Part of the real problem here is that the DNC and the major dem media groups pretty obviously and desperately want Hillary and Hillary has some of the worst trustworthy ratings I've ever seen for a potential presidential candidate...... So even if Bernie's campaign is entirely in the wrong here (which even as a Bernie supporter, I must concede IS POSSIBLE)..... it still looks more like a Hillary led screw job/ desperate attempt to maintain the establishment politics that have otherwise crippled Washington.

Now, if Bernie can just get Elizabeth Warren in off the fence, as his potential VP, I think this scandal could turn into the momentum shift that sinks Hillary and gets his nomination/election.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    ..... My application to an oversea's University cannot be accepted soon enough.

I suspect the odds of a stunning Republican upset has just gone up by a mile.

For me personally, without Bernie Sanders, I have zero reason to vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    ..... My application to an oversea's University cannot be accepted soon enough.

I suspect the odds of a stunning Republican upset has just gone up by a mile.

For me personally, without Bernie Sanders, I have zero reason to vote.
    Honestly I don't think this will change much. These kind of issues rarely ever make much of a splash in the general and I don't see this making up the huge amount of ground Sanders needs in the primary.

So you're saying they should use someone else's private information to probe their private information instead of using their private information to probe Clinton's. This makes sense.

No one is going to be giving them access to their lists. That's the entire point to the system being seperate and secure.
    Your lack of security expertise is pretty telling.

There are many Democratic candidates and campaigns in that system who aren't competing against Sanders. If you are truly white-hatting, you work with one of them using their credentials to breach your own system. The thing you don't do, if you are trying to white hat, is breach your opponent's system and save off their data. Because you don't want outsiders to suspect that your intentions aren't noble. And it's why the white hat excuse is utterly flimsy.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't think this will change much. These kind of issues rarely ever make much of a splash in the general and I don't see this making up the huge amount of ground Sanders needs in the primary.
    The optics of it are what has me worried. DWS is seemingly insulting Bernie and by extension his very die hard supporters. The Sanders base is crucial for WHOMEVER the DNC picks as its nominee. Hillary will have trouble if she has no energy or lifeblood in her campaign. So far her campaign is as cold, mechanical and hollow as any other sleek corporate bought outfit. Intentionally seemingly try to kill Bernies chances and seemingly mocking him and by extension his supporters could create infighting in the base and if and when Hillary gets the nomination she will have diminished supporters as a significant chunk of the base suspects foul play. Even a collapse of just 10% will be devastating in the General election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    This also looks fishy as hell when you consider that there's been basically a media blackout on Sanders' campaign, since multiple of the major media networks are all Hillary donors.
    So this is a big conspiracy by the Hillary campaign to make Bernie look bad by tricking his campaign staff into breaching her most valuable campaign data right before the debate?

Is that the story we're going with?

Your lack of security expertise is pretty telling.

There are many Democratic candidates and campaigns in that system who aren't competing against Sanders. If you are truly white-hatting, you work with one of them using their credentials to breach your own system. The thing you don't do, if you are trying to white hat, is breach your opponent's system and save off their data. Because you don't want outsiders to suspect that your intentions aren't noble. And it's why the white hat excuse is utterly flimsy.
    I've literally never said what they did was ok. But your alternative is......naive to say the least. This is the national DNC database. There is no one who has access to it that they're not in competition with.

The optics of it are what has me worried. DWS is seemingly insulting Bernie and by extension his very die hard supporters. The Sanders base is crucial for WHOMEVER the DNC picks as its nominee. Hillary will have trouble if she has no energy or lifeblood in her campaign. So far her campaign is as cold, mechanical and hollow as any other sleek corporate bought outfit. Intentionally seemingly try to kill Bernies chances and seemingly mocking him and by extension his supporters could create infighting in the base and if and when Hillary gets the nomination she will have diminished supporters as a significant chunk of the base suspects foul play. Even a collapse of just 10% will be devastating in the General election.
    How many voters do you think know who DWS is? Even among democrats? Process and internal drama just rarely ever amounts to much.

And people are trying to paint the RNC and their primary process a mess at least they don't have any one of their candidates suing the RNC
    Looks like the DNC from the get go has chosen who they wanted as their president candidate
    Clinton is so corrupt she has even corrupted the DNC
    I'm just impressed that you managed to post an article without once referencing Benghazi.

oh come on you know as well as I do if a republican candidate sued the RNC and another candidate called him a thief you would be on these forums laughing and pointing out what a mess the Republicans and RNC is

But because it is drama amongst democrats and the DNC lets sweep it under the rug nothing to see here lets move on
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-12-19 at 02:47 AM.