Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Would make sense.

Either that or killer Piranhas are a bigger problem than we all thought.

Piranha 3DD tried to warn us! We didn't listen!
    How do they get on roofs?

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    How do they get on roofs?
    Catch a ride in a Sharknado ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Catch a ride in a Sharknado ?
    Spyranhas half spider half Piranha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Probably don't have to worry if you're white though.
    eccept as you well know the determine factor is gender not race

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Is this going to be another one of those silly "its a principle!" things? Because we've already done that. You defending firing people for being racist. Then you turned around and claimed it was wrong to fire people over speech. There, just saved us 20 pages.
    LOL, You actually did save us another 20 pages. Well played, sir.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Look at you trying to shut down speech with your broad accusations of racism.
    I'm perfectly wiling to engage in debate on the topic.

Is this going to be another one of those silly "its a principle!" things? Because we've already done that.
    Its just self evident, you and your comrades are just unable to see an issue where the solution is not authoritarian state action.
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    No.
    We all agree that the behaviors is (mostly) completely inside the legal realm, and we do not want to alter the legal rights of people - We just point out that these peoples actions have negative consequences.
    Its a flaw in the system we have - Its a necessary flaw, yet, still a flaw.
    Please find a new straw man.
    I find continuous ignorance of the principle is fun, and you already seem to be on that path.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2015-12-22 at 11:37 AM.

I'm perfectly wiling to engage in debate on the topic.

Its just self evident, you and your comrades are just unable to see an issue where the solution is not authoritarian state action.
    No really. Both of you are on the same page, but fighting over who is more militant about it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The only difference is that the Christian world is vastly more developed and politically stable.

And the reason for WHY the christian world is vastly more developed and politically stable is in part due to the zealotry of large parts of the muslim world.

yes, but the question is, How did garbage men make the list?
    Because it's a super dangerous job - just being in traffic all the time and working with heavy machinery make it so. I guess I thought that was common knowledge. Give your garbage man a Christmas card - he's probably a hard working dude and he surely does a job I don't want that makes our cities nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    And the reason for WHY the christian world is vastly more developed and politically stable is in part due to the zealotry of large parts of the muslim world.
    Or because they made a handful of very important technological advancement first, and that allowed them to quickly subjugate large parts of the world in order to extract resources to further snowball their lead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Because it's a super dangerous job - just being in traffic all the time and working with heavy machinery make it so. I guess I thought that was common knowledge. Give your garbage man a Christmas card - he's probably a hard working dude and he surely does a job I don't want that makes our cities nice.
    Truckers are not on the list, and cops drive nearly as much as garbage men.
    The machinery is dangerous i suppose, and i didn't think of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No really. Both of you are on the same page,
    No, we are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Or because they made a handful of very important technological advancement first, and that allowed them to quickly subjugate large parts of the world in order to extract resources to further snowball their lead.
    The isolationist parts of the Quran is not found in the bible though.

Political correctness is the cancer that is slowly killing society today. When people have to practice self-censorship out of fear of getting strung up in the social medias, then it's in effect the same as a dictatorship that bans dissent.

It's not an either or. Whether your point holds water or not, the one most certainly doesn't exclude the other. That's why I wrote "in part", and not "entirely due to". I mean, one has to be pretty ignorant to believe that either what I wrote or what you wrote would be the sole reason, the topic is a bit more complex than the standard 101 answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    It's not an either or. Whether your point holds water or not, the one most certainly doesn't exclude the other. That's why I wrote "in part", and not "entirely due to". I mean, one has to be pretty ignorant to believe that either what I wrote or what you wrote would be the sole reason, the topic is a bit more complex than the standard 101 answer.
    Yes, the answer is complex, but not in the way you think it is. If anything, Islam acted as a unifying and stabilizing factor in the Arab world, and that stability caused the Arab/Turkish world to SURPASS the Western world for hundreds of years. The Western world only shot ahead when we suddenly made a lot of huge technological advancements and managed to develop the colonial model, which the Arab/Turkish world had just failed to do. Their model was very, very different, and the notion of going into an area simply to extract natural resources was unheard of. That resource extraction model is what allowed the West to develop so quickly.

If you want to bring this back down to the 101 answer, we can, because I've taught those classes for years.

Deleted
    Yes, the answer is complex, but not in the way you think it is. If anything, Islam acted as a unifying and stabilizing factor in the Arab world, and that stability caused the Arab/Turkish world to SURPASS the Western world for hundreds of years.
    Out of thousands of their exitance and then ruined it all when the fanatics took over.

Out of thousands of their exitance and then ruined it all when the fanatics took over.
    Fanatics took over because the West plunged the region into a century of despotism and violence. Britain was supposed to establish a pan-Arab state in the Middle East, and instead they (along with France) carved it up and put proxy dictators in charge. Iran had a secular, democratically elected government, and then the US (at the behest of Britain) instigated a coup and put a monarchy in place. Radical Islam is a PRODUCT of the violence and instability in the region. It is something that arose in response to geopolitical, economic, etc. issues.

Deleted
    Political corectness is one of those things slowly destroying Westen societies from the inside...

When people can succesfully play on your feeling of "guilt", they will push this as far as they possibly can. If we don't push the brakes soon, it's going to reach a point of no return.

Political corectness is one of those things slowly destroying Westen societies from the inside...

When people can succesfully play on your feeling of "guilt", they will push this as far as they possibly can. If we don't push the brakes soon, it's going to reach a point of no return.
    IMO, part of the issue is that plenty of people in the newer generations thrive and practically survive on people liking them. So if people don't like them, for whatever reason, they either change themselves to make people like them or disassociate from those people entirely and therefore stop being challenged so they aren't growing as a person.

Reminds me of my 5 year old daughter who got heart broken at school when some other little girl called her ugly. That's exactly what's going on here, the issues are different, but it's just people crying because someone said something that makes them sad...

Hard to teach a 5 year old, but my internal response is like... boo fucking hoo... you can't change how you look, you have to go to school, and that person will be there tomorrow and the next day and the next day... so learn to deal with it and other assholes who don't like you or who disagree with you. That's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

As long as it's only society, it can be reversed. It becomes a nightmare once you introduce such legislation. But that's so much like a dystopian science fiction novel that I'm not sure anyone could actually do that.

Equilibrium is a science fiction movie for a reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as that is not the case you should too argue that you shoudlnt get fired for speech?
    While I do find it absurd when employers fire employees for stuff they say on social media on their own time, the employer has the right to protect the reputation of their business.

Truckers are not on the list, and cops drive nearly as much as garbage men.
    The machinery is dangerous i suppose, and i didn't think of that.
    It's a bit of a false equivalence, comparing random accidental deaths with deaths that are intentional and more often than not, preventable due to them having the means to protect themselves.