Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Terrorist Malik got US fiancée visa, with no clear evidence she met Farook in person

Immigration officials didn’t adequately vet San Bernardino shooter Tashfeen Malik’s fiancée visa application, which lacks solid proof she even met her American fiancée and co-attacker in person before being allowed into the United States, the House Judiciary Committee said Saturday.

Federal law requires foreigners applying for such a visa meet the American fiancé at least once in person, but a Congressional Research Service contractor help the committee says Malik’s passport cannot substantiate such a meeting.

The Pakistani-born Malik and American-born husband Syed Farook fatally shot 14 people and wounded 21 others at a Dec. 2 holiday work party in San Bernardino, Calif.

“It is clear that immigration officials did not thoroughly vet her application,” said committee Chairman Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va. “To obtain a fiancée visa, it is required to demonstrate proof that the U.S. citizen and foreign national have met in person. However, Malik's immigration file does not show sufficient evidence for this requirement.”

He also said immigration official reviewing Malik's application requested more evidence to ensure the two met in person but it was never provided and her visa was approved anyway.

Authorities say that Malik went on Facebook after the attack to pledged support to the leader of the Islamic State terror group.

Malik purportedly had been living in Pakistan and visiting family in Saudi Arabia before she passed the background check and entered the U.S. in July 2014, then marrying Farook.

Goodlatte said Malik’s immigration file contains only two pieces of information on this subject: a statement by Farook that he and Malik had been together in Saudi Arabia and copies of pages from their passports, containing visas to enter the country and stamps in Arabic.

The immigration official reviewing the K-1 application requested that the stamps be translated into English but the file does not indicate this was done, Goodlatte said.

He said the contractor found Malik’s passport shows a Saudi Arabia entry stamp dated approximately June 4, 2013 but couldn’t make clear the exit stamp because it was partially illegible.

Farook’s translated passport purportedly shows him in Saudi Arabia roughly four months later, with an entry stamp of Oct. 1, 2013, and an exit stamp on about Oct. 20, 2013.

Goodlatte said even if the couple were in Saudi Arabia at the same time, there’s no evidence that the couple met in person.

In addition, Malik’s visa Saudi Arabia visa was good for 60 days, which cast further doubt on claim they were in Saudi Arabia at the same time.

Last week, congressional lawmakers at three separate hearings grilled FBI Director James Comey and other Obama administration officials, demanding to know how Malik gained admittance to the U.S.

“Was she actually given an interview in the K-1 process, do we know that?” Sen. David Purdue, R-Ga., asked him during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing.

Comey replied that “the process requires” an interview, but that he didn’t know if one occurred.

Malik’s application purportedly include a false address and evidence that she had attended an Islamist school in Pakistan, which critics say forges an anti-Western view in students.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/19...l?intcmp=hpbt2
    but don't worry these Syrian refugees ( if they are truly Syrian refugees) are thoroughly vetted even thou the FBI director says it is not possible to do because Obama says so

but even if they cant be thoroughly vetted being PC is much more of an importance a bigger priority then the safety of the public. what's a couple of dozen or more lost American lives for the sake of being PC

Political Correctness has become a National Security Threat
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-12-19 at 10:01 PM.

I suspect this thread is about to be filled with PC people complaining about people being PC, but not their flavor of political correctness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is incompetence political correctness?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Is incompetence political correctness?
    when you allow political correctness prevail over incompetence is the problem
    "we cant competently vet these refuges"
    "so what political correctness to allow them in over shadows the incompetence to vet them" "do you want to be like Trump and stop the refuges and visas till they have a competent vetting process? your an Islamophobe Xenophobe fascist"
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-12-19 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    when you allow political correctness prevail over incompetence is the problem
    "we cant competently vet these refuges"
    "so what political correctness to allow them in over shadows the incompetence to vet them" "do you want to be like Trump and stop the refuges and visas till they have a competent vetting process? your an Islamophobe Xenophobe fascist"
    I'm not getting how the refugee part is relevant. Was she a refugee?

And I still don't understand how someone being incompetent is proof of political correctness, rather than incompetence.

Edit: Relevant, not irrelevant. Derp.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2015-12-19 at 10:40 PM.

I'm not getting how the refugee part is irrelevant. Was she a refugee?

And I still don't understand how someone being incompetent is proof of political correctness, rather than incompetence.
    the vetting of the refugees is done by the same process by the same department that vetted this female jihadist

10+ Year Old Account
    the vetting of the refugees is done by the same process by the same department that vetted this female jihadist
    They didn't follow their own procedures, so I'm still not getting where the political correctness comes in.

And they may be more lax on fiancée visa applications than they would be on refugee applications, it wouldn't be unbelievable of that someone thought a fiancée wasn't much of a risk so slacked off.

They didn't follow their own procedures, so I'm still not getting where the political correctness comes in.

And they may be more lax on fiancée visa applications than they would be on refugee applications, it wouldn't be unbelievable of that someone thought a fiancée wasn't much of a risk so slacked off.
    that would be the same as saying that car mechanic sure skewed up fixing my Ford so I'm going to have him fix my Chevy because it is a different make of car

10+ Year Old Account
    that would be the same as saying that car mechanic sure skewed up fixing my Ford so I'm going to have him fix my Chevy because it is a different make of car
    Not really.

You do have a right to be angry, but be angry that they didn't enforce their existing procedures, not some cooked up claim about political correctness. All you are doing is letting your partisan political agenda get in the way of an actual issue and so nobody will take you seriously, as you are distracting from that issue to score political points.

What does a mishandled visa for a fiance have to do with refugees?

Oh right, moooslums

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What does a mishandled visa for a fiance have to do with refugees?

Oh right, moooslums
    same process same department that supposedly vetted that female jihadist is the same process and department in charge of vetting the refugees
    it is not complicated to understand

- - - Updated - - -

Not really.

You do have a right to be angry, but be angry that they didn't enforce their existing procedures, not some cooked up claim about political correctness. All you are doing is letting your partisan political agenda get in the way of an actual issue and so nobody will take you seriously, as you are distracting from that issue to score political points.
    no it is called common sense and rational thinking
    if the same process and department is to incompetent to vet this female jihadist why in the hell would you think they wont be incompetent vetting these refuges?

same process same department
    Wrong. Tiresome.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the same process and department is to incompetent to vet this female jihadist why in the hell would you think they wont be incompetent vetting these refuges?
    I am not saying they are competent, I'm asking why you went off on some random rant about political correctness, when for the first time in one of your threads you actually have found something to be genuinely angry about...their incompetence.

Be angry about that, write to your representative and demand they stop being inept, that someone get strung up for their cock up.

And make sure you spell 'refugees' correctly.

Political Correctness has become a National Security Threat
    The fuck does this have to do with political correctness.

If these allegations are true, someone obviously screwed up, and it needs to be addressed. Leave the rest of your garbage out of it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    same process same department that supposedly vetted that female jihadist is the same process and department in charge of vetting the refugees
    it is not complicated to understand

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god...... Abandon thread quick!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So by that logic the US military should disband because it's as incompetent as the VA.

They're 'run by the same people' after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The fuck does this have to do with political correctness.

If these allegations are true, someone obviously screwed up, and it needs to be addressed. Leave the rest of your garbage out of it.
    because the political correctness to bring these refugees here is more of a priority then being able to vet them competently
    the FBI already has said they cant thoroughly vet these refugees, but does that stop them from bringing them here? no it doesn't
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-12-20 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Wrong. Tiresome.
    Didn't you mention before that your family took in some refugees in the past? There's some pretty extensive vetting done that isn't being covered by this Fox article, right?

Deleted
    Saudi Arabia involved no that blindspot isn't caused by political correctness.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am not saying they are competent, I'm asking why you went off on some random rant about political correctness, when for the first time in one of your threads you actually have found something to be genuinely angry about...their incompetence.

Be angry about that, write to your representative and demand they stop being inept, that someone get strung up for their cock up.

And make sure you spell 'refugees' correctly.
    Visa's are supposed to have security checks done. This is just another indication of the incompetence of our government and why we should not take any refugees as well as banning entry to anyone from the middle east into our country. People shouldn't have to die because we are afraid of offending people from the other side of the world.