What anyone wants is you to join the discord. Its just the progression of things. What is irking people is the bitterness that has developed for literally no reason. We're all friends, we just want to keep the community together and a majority have chosen discord over mmo-champion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zirusitavia View Post
    I made sure everyone saw it, multiple times. I even remember the huge shitstorm you caused over it in the beginning, just like you are now.
    Shit storm? You mean how I said it killed the thread, and that was it? To which then all of you came back and said I'm wrong, and then responded. How is that a shit storm? Hell, how is that any storm of any sort?

And what I said was, actual quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I never saw it and when I don't see it when I come here everyday then I'd love for you to find where it was.
    Which was the only time I mentioned it. I never said no one ever invited me or that it wasn't made public, but that I never saw it, but sure, make stuff up. You can check it again if you want. I went over every post I've made in this discussion and at no time did I say that no one invited me.

Dontrike is trying to throw the blame on the discord server for killing the community without even looking at the discord chat. Shit like that gets to me. People are not even trying to be friendly anymore.
    Not for one moment did I say it killed the community. What I said, in the very thing that caused this discussion to start was
    Yeesh, I hope this thread lives on. I will always blame that discord for bringing this thread down.
    You're right though, look at all the stuff I said about Discord. Look at it. I said "THIS THREAD". "THIS THREAD". "THIS THREAD." I didn't mention community, I didn't say it killed anything, but sure go ahead and keep lying and making things up. The evidence is right there in that quote.

I was also told by Don to basically fuck off and "It's strange how I only post here to talk shit about people who are not in the cord" as if there is some war going on and both sides are spouting propaganda.
    I would love to find an actual quote to this, because at no time have I EVER told you these things. The only time I've been cross with you was when we talked about Magic and you always told me how wrong I was. I would NEVER tell you to fuck off. I'll tell you that now because you have not shown any real evidence of that happening.

That "quote" you listed isn't even a real quote, but I guess we're supposed to believe you because it's just what you say. I'm giving actual evidence for what me and you say and yet you can't do the same but I guess I have to take you at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Ziru said you came off as ignorant.
    He did not. I went over his responses three times so far and at no time did he tell me that I was.

It's just a little bit up the page, I scrolled up to get his exact wording as opposed to what you interpreted it as. Nobody is calling you stupid, they're calling you uninformed and frankly frighteningly incapable of recalling actual chains of events. The Discord chat wasn't hidden from anyone. Nobody has even been banned from it long-term that I can recall. It's always just people messing with each other. We want people in the Discord. That's the whole point.
    Do you see the stuff I quoted of Ziru? He is literally lying about things I'm saying or have said in the past. You say I'm ignorant and can't remember the past and yet he at no time has offered any real evidence to any of his claims. He is literally saying that I have said horrible things with no evidence and yet you are saying that this is all fine.

If it brings the community together so much then why for a moment should I go with people who literally are making things up about me? Even you think that I don't have the correct version of history. You think I'm lying too.

All of this started because I blamed Discord for killing the thread, think about that. That is actually true and yet you all started arguing with me for no reason.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-05-13 at 01:26 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    What anyone wants is you to join the discord. Its just the progression of things. What is irking people is the bitterness that has developed for literally no reason. We're all friends, we just want to keep the community together and a majority have chosen discord over mmo-champion.
    Yes, we're bitter that people up and left, suddenly deciding this place isn't good enough for them, then when we find fault with it plenty come back and insult us for thinking that this place is still good enough.

*SNIP*
    One of Ziru's original posts, directly contradicting your claim that nobody ever tried to make you aware of the Discord.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post38946834

One of your posts, a couple days later, complaining that we wouldn't want you in our "silly chat program" anyway.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Hiatus/page297

You were then quiet on the issue for a few days, but as more and more thread people moved to Discord, the few that posted in both just really stopped posting here, because pretty universally we found it less convenient. MMO-C is a train wreck for trying to have a coherent conversation over any period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Djorana View Post
    And so far most arguments of yours have either been kortin-eqsue memery (heck, tons worse even) or just.. been really uninformed or ignorant about the whole issue.
    I was wrong, it was DJ who called you ignorant, or "coming off as ignorant." And you did quote and directly respond to that point by claiming he was calling you dumb.

And apparently you're not above insulting others in a discussion. Sure does look like "anyone" can join if you're ready to insult people.

So I guess I "Hurr duh" this whole time eh? I say Discord killed where we started and you say I'm dumb, got it. So I guess your whole argument eventually boils down to insults.
    You are literally ignoring your immediate posting history so as to come off as somehow wronged, when, while maybe our tone has been less than respectful, it's in direct response to your pessimistic, caustic attitude about our attempts to bring back the old thread feel, via Discord, because MMO-C just isn't the right venue for it.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

time for this dragon to retire to his cave
    g'nite everypony

Yes, we're bitter that people up and left, suddenly deciding this place isn't good enough for them, then when we find fault with it plenty come back and insult us for thinking that this place is still good enough.
    I'm sorry, Don, but the thread isn't good enough. It's a terrible chat platform, and anyone and everyone is welcome in Discord. You yourself commented on how the thread was dying long before Discord came on the scene, and I'd bet you almost anything the clunky user interface was a cause in some of those cases. Others just drifted away from the scene.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Djorana View Post
    No one left the thread because of all the clunkiness and arbitrary limitations.
    You actually came up with a list of reasons for why you and many others did though. You talked about the PM quality, the character limit, needing to refresh, the last post on a page being lost. You told me those were the reasons as to why you did.

What I was simply trying to convey to you was that... most of your arguments, or lines or argumentation, are simply... quite lackluster.
    Yes, I'll admit that this is not my best. I'm trying to be devil's advocate and fight for an outdated system, because I feel I need to.

I hope I could clear some of the confussion my points may have caused up in this post, so we can stop arguing semantics and get to the actual stuff already.
    Yes, it has and I thank you for that.

As such:
    WHY do you think mmo-c is a better way of chatting, communication, conversing and generally keeping a community like ours alive?
    Just in general, at first.
    Then also in the face of the fact that, with the help of the Discord server, our community is bigger and more alive than it has been in.. years, really.
    Especially considering the recent history of the thread before it opening.

That'd be a start. And we might be able to move beyond you just knocking something you never wanted to give a shot for reasons unknown.
    Because all of those features, minus voice chat, are right here. I see the same things. Chat is just responding like normal on this forum. Emoticons are just images yhou can post here. Quick links are just linking as normal. The only real different is voice chat and the speed, and even the speed I don't mind being slower. To me it's all the same and to me needing those precious seconds shaved off from doing certain things honestly feels more like laziness than trying to be efficient.

To me it's all the same.

One of Ziru's original posts, directly contradicting your claim that nobody ever tried to make you aware of the Discord.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post38946834
    Okay, I literally just posted my original post to what started this and that was.
    I never saw it and when I don't see it when I come here everyday then I'd love for you to find where it was.
    How is it contradicting if I never saw it? If I didn't see it that doesn't mean no one did, that means I. Didn't. See. It.

When I originally made that comment I had never seen it.

In fact I didn't make a post for two more pages and that was about Magic.

One of your posts, a couple days later, complaining that we wouldn't want you in our "silly chat program" anyway.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Hiatus/page297

You were then quiet on the issue for a few days, but as more and more thread people moved to Discord, the few that posted in both just really stopped posting here, because pretty universally we found it less convenient. MMO-C is a train wreck for trying to have a coherent conversation over any period of time.
    There isn't even a post made by me in that page you linked there. How does that prove anything if I don't even show up? In fact I don't even show up for 7 pages and that was responding to Yeast about Voldemort. How in the hell is that calling Discard a "silly chat program".

I was wrong, it was DJ who called you ignorant, or "coming off as ignorant." And you did quote and directly respond to that point by claiming he was calling you dumb.
    Because he compared me to someone else, Kortin, and in his mind that is a bad quality. He said Kortin had bad debating skills and if he believes I am at that kind of level, that could easily mean he thinks of me that way.

You are literally ignoring your immediate posting history so as to come off as somehow wronged, when, while maybe our tone has been less than respectful, it's in direct response to your pessimistic, caustic attitude about our attempts to bring back the old thread feel, via Discord, because MMO-C just isn't the right venue for it.
    And you have been respectful? You take full value to what Ziru says, your evidence shown doesn't even have me making a post on that very page, in either links actually, and when I say someone didn't say something you say it is true again and again, not believing me an ounce compared to others.

Secondly I didn't say that no one said anything, look at my original quote from above. I never said no one showed it, I said I never noticed it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, Don, but the thread isn't good enough. It's a terrible chat platform, and anyone and everyone is welcome in Discord. You yourself commented on how the thread was dying long before Discord came on the scene, and I'd bet you almost anything the clunky user interface was a cause in some of those cases. Others just drifted away from the scene.
    Yes, it was dying, everything dies. I don't think it's a terrible chat platform at all, it's no different than any other program to me. I also don't think it has a clunky interface, sure it can be improved, but that's everything in the world, even Discord.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-05-13 at 02:23 AM.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9iY0bRV.gif[/IG]
    So true for myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Those Garrison Invasion mounts just don't want to drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, even if I joined that Discord it wouldn't matter now when you piss off five people. Oh well, the loneliness gets easier with time and this thread will pass in time.

Weeeeeell it is a glitchy mess on a completely unrelated website that doesnt like us. *Shrugs* Still no one left in spite. They left because discord is a whole lot better. More designed for communities than a forum thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaand then this guy that never posts anywhere because he's an antisocial asshat with nothing to add to anything posted. And everyone vanished like they tend to do.

>.> <.< Well maybe. We'll see. *Waves* I need to stop posting and ditching to be fair..also need to actually man up and CHECK this discord thingy. (No that's not why I'm never on guys, can ask them. I never made the move, I've just been..distracted with issues on my end, the most recent being radiation for a NON cancer related tumor pushing up on a nerve.) But I'm lazy and know damn well I can't use actual voice chats half the time because there's often weird noise for no reason. (It's persisted through three damned computers.)

Anyway enough about my egocentric 'only posts about me because I don't get out at all' nonsense.... what's up folks. Aside from the ragey drama in which long time friends have a go at ripping that apart because they all REALLY miss one another and it hurts and sucks so they get sour as all fuck over it. I mean you'll all likely say that's off the mark, but this is from experience..ya sound a lot like me when friends just stop acknowledging I exist. (GD it brain, said no more 'me'.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    Aaand then this guy that never posts anywhere because he's an antisocial asshat with nothing to add to anything posted. And everyone vanished like they tend to do.
    You don't have to hold back, I know that was me, go ahead, let it out.

Anyway enough about my egocentric 'only posts about me because I don't get out at all' nonsense.... what's up folks. Aside from the ragey drama in which long time friends have a go at ripping that apart because they all REALLY miss one another and it hurts and sucks so they get sour as all fuck over it. I mean you'll all likely say that's off the mark, but this is from experience..ya sound a lot like me when friends just stop acknowledging I exist. (GD it brain, said no more 'me'.)
    I'd say you're pretty close actually. You can talk about yourself as much as you want, nothing wrong with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, I trimmed my nose hairs now I get to deal with sneezing for the next two days until all the small particles get out of it.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-05-13 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to hold back, I know that was me, go ahead, let it out.

I'd say you're pretty close actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, I trimmed my nose hairs now I get to deal with sneezing for the next two days until all the small particles get out of it.
    But I'm the antisocial asshat that never posts >.> You're the antisocial one that does post. Get it right dork or you're demoted.

But no seriously it's miserable watching everyone tear eachother apart. Like..I feel like the outsider because I rarely ever posted ANYWAY so it's not like most people even got to know me even if they wanted to. And the few that friended me on Steam I barely talked to because again, never have anything to add. I feel BAD I'm always so silent and they all likely assume I don't like them or something stupid. Or don't like to chat. And it couldn't be further from the truth.

But having been reading the thread for ages everyone was so close for the most part it made this place awesome...could see the discord being so as well but it's not an option for everyone. (Work computers.) So..yeah I could see some not wanting to join the discord. it was mostly laziness and not feeling like I'd be welcome BECAUSE of my own social failings. Either way even if I did it'd feel so..wrong to just let these threads die entirely at the same time. It's where it all started even WITH the toxic ass moderation on this site. (Not the ones I see more frequently here mind you. I've spent too much time bullshitting and pissing people off on Gen OT for my own sanity.)

On the other hand I bet Discord is a LOT more free on topics and things you post links to. Probably a bit faster if you have some kind of alert when someone posts. And there's the voice for those that can use it which is probably a LOT of fun when everyone's together.

I can see both sides of it honestly. Probably BECAUSE I'm largely seeing it from the outside. It just..sucks.I miss all the in jokes it'd take me days to figure out, all the lols, everything. I mean sure there was drama but well..welcome to life folks, have a nice stay.

And yes, the nose hair situation is balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Weeeeeell it is a glitchy mess on a completely unrelated website that doesnt like us. *Shrugs* Still no one left in spite. They left because discord is a whole lot better. More designed for communities than a forum thread.
    It's all the same to me, same things can be done on Discord as they can on here, minus voice chat. You talk the same way, see the same people, or I guess not anymore, talk about the same stuff, and hate the things people say. Just like anywhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

But I'm the antisocial asshat that never posts >.> You're the antisocial one that does post. Get it right dork or you're demoted.
    I can get demoted farther? Sounds good to me, someone has to hit rock bottom and explore new depths.

But no seriously it's miserable watching everyone tear eachother apart. Like..I feel like the outsider because I rarely ever posted ANYWAY so it's not like most people even got to know me even if they wanted to. And the few that friended me on Steam I barely talked to because again, never have anything to add. I feel BAD I'm always so silent and they all likely assume I don't like them or something stupid. Or don't like to chat. And it couldn't be further from the truth.

But having been reading the thread for ages everyone was so close for the most part it made this place awesome...could see the discord being so as well but it's not an option for everyone. (Work computers.) So..yeah I could see some not wanting to join the discord. it was mostly laziness and not feeling like I'd be welcome BECAUSE of my own social failings. Either way even if I did it'd feel so..wrong to just let these threads die entirely at the same time. It's where it all started even WITH the toxic ass moderation on this site. (Not the ones I see more frequently here mind you. I've spent too much time bullshitting and pissing people off on Gen OT for my own sanity.)

On the other hand I bet Discord is a LOT more free on topics and things you post links to. Probably a bit faster if you have some kind of alert when someone posts. And there's the voice for those that can use it which is probably a LOT of fun when everyone's together.

I can see both sides of it honestly. Probably BECAUSE I'm largely seeing it from the outside. It just..sucks.I miss all the in jokes it'd take me days to figure out, all the lols, everything. I mean sure there was drama but well..welcome to life folks, have a nice stay.
    I think you hit the nail on the head pretty well there, but you shouldn't be afraid to go to Discord, those are the same people you've talk to for years. If you want to do that more you should.

Honestly, I have Discord, because my guild in WoW made use start using it instead of vent (which I still fought against), but I fucking hate change of any sort, better or not (although change is 102% always bad). Unfortunately though I've chosen to stick with the thread like a captain of a ship, and if I change now then it is tantamount to giving up and well I still haven't hit true bottom yet, maybe some day though. Once the thread dies I'll be about 5 steps closer though.

And yes, the nose hair situation is balls.
    Yeah it is.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-05-13 at 05:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can get demoted farther? Sounds good to me, someone has to hit rock bottom and explore new depths.

I think you hit the nail on the head pretty well there, but you shouldn't be afraid to go to Discord, those are the same people you've talk to for years. If you want to do that more you should.

Honestly, I have Discord, because my guild in WoW made use start using it instead of vent, but I fucking hate change of any sort, better or not (although change is 102% always bad). Unfortunately though I've chosen to stick with the thread like a captain of a ship, and if I change now then it is tantamount to giving up and well I still haven't hit true bottom yet, maybe some day though. Once the thread dies I'll be about 5 steps closer though.

Yeah it is.
    I mean you could be beneath me but the only space is BENEATH the floor so ah...no. I'd have to be promoted and I don't post enough for that.

Eh, they barely even know me. I'm tempted to ask ANYWAY even though I'm not super talkative lately. Been playing a LOT of final fantasy persona 5 (Oh my god I love it so much.) ME:andromeda, Trails in the sky the 3rd begins properly once I bore of one of those. (Despite what pend said the series is great. The gameplay may not be one's cup of tea but I enjoy Trails in the sky, the story and world ESPECIALLY)

See I don't really see the two as mutually exclusive. Though I'm also bad about over extending myself between skype friends, Deviantart friends and another site that isn't...QUITE proper to mention here.

I mean you could be beneath me but the only space is BENEATH the floor so ah...no. I'd have to be promoted and I don't post enough for that.
    I've been trying to find new depths of hitting bottom my whole life, so trust me, I've gone below that, lol.

Eh, they barely even know me. I'm tempted to ask ANYWAY even though I'm not super talkative lately. Been playing a LOT of final fantasy persona 5 (Oh my god I love it so much.) ME:andromeda, Trails in the sky the 3rd begins properly once I bore of one of those. (Despite what pend said the series is great. The gameplay may not be one's cup of tea but I enjoy Trails in the sky, the story and world ESPECIALLY)
    You should still check it out, no reason you shouldn't, at least then you can do something else when you're bored.

See I don't really see the two as mutually exclusive. Though I'm also bad about over extending myself between skype friends, Deviantart friends and another site that isn't...QUITE proper to mention here.
    It is a bit of a hassle when you have folks throughout many different places, can't keep up with them all sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh it's Sir! Hai Sir! How the heck are ya?

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to find new depths of hitting bottom my whole life, so trust me, I've gone below that, lol.

You should still check it out, no reason you shouldn't, at least then you can do something else when you're bored.

It is a bit of a hassle when you have folks throughout many different places, can't keep up with them all sometimes.
    Well ya can't get any lower than my mind typically is. >.> Stupid neighbors in the sewer above me always throwing shit down the cave entrance.

Yeah keeping up is a major bitch at times. Then I wind up feeling horrible when I leave someone hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Oooh it's Sir! Hai Sir! How the heck are ya?
    Sad now. Attempting to recover with music from quite possibly the most black-sounding asian girl I've ever heard. (The persona 5 soundtrack is amazing.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad now. Attempting to recover with music from quite possibly the most black-sounding asian girl I've ever heard. (The persona 5 soundtrack is amazing.)
    Oooh. No sads

It's good to see you!

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Well ya can't get any lower than my mind typically is. >.> Stupid neighbors in the sewer above me always throwing shit down the cave entrance.

Yeah keeping up is a major bitch at times. Then I wind up feeling horrible when I leave someone hanging.
    Yeah, I know that feeling, it never is good leaving people hanging.