10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Being your own boss usually works when you can interract with other people without thinking of them as idiots when they don't think the way you do or agree with you.
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly how every single boss ever works.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Being your own boss usually works when you can interract with other people without thinking of them as idiots when they don't think the way you do or agree with you.
    I mean, empathy and humility are traits that are useful in anything you do. If you can't learn those, well, you're probably gonna have a tough life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Didn't we all though?
    Definitely not. Though the life I spent years preparing for didn't work out for me, I've found the one I've re-prepared for and am in now works quite well for me.

I'll never understand why Nickelodeon still plays The Last Airbender on any of their channels. Tehy of all people should know how awful it was, even if it made money.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly how every single boss ever works.
    Only bad bosses. The ones you hear in horror stories on Reddit or from Pend and Don here. But that's not at all most bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Definitely not. Though the life I spent years preparing for didn't work out for me, I've found the one I've re-prepared for and am in now works quite well for me.
    I mean didn't we all get prepped for something we didn't want?

I'm being prepped for a life I do not want.
    Is there a life that you do want?
    I'll never understand why Nickelodeon still plays The Last Airbender on any of their channels. Tehy of all people should know how awful it was, even if it made money.
    Well now I know how awful you are! D:

Only bad bosses. The ones you hear in horror stories on Reddit or from Pend and Don here. But that's not at all most bosses.
    Funny thing is the owner is about as smart as a snowman in a sauna, while his wife isn't the best she isn't an incredible pain to work with, although man if she isn't a tad annoying when she says "I hate to say it, but...." about things she shouldn't say it about. Like she has said "I hate to say it, but we did a good job" or "I hate to say it, but I'm glad to be off of work." That is more of a quirk though and is kind of funny, after that she is nowhere as bad as her husband.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yeast View Post
    Wait....now? You didn't learn that years ago? I could have sworn you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Tablet is amazing.There is so much room to draw on it.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a life that you do want?
    I want free money and the ability to sit on my ass cuddling with a bf.

I want to be able to pursue my hobbies without worrying about whether or not I'll be able to eat dinner that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    New Tablet is amazing.There is so much room to draw on it.
    You aren't supposed to draw on the back of it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Who doesn't want free money?

I mean didn't we all get prepped for something we didn't want?
    I didn't. I got prepped for the military, and I wanted it, but it didn't work out in the end. Then I got prepped for computer programming, and I wanted it, and I found my love of computer security which I'm continuing to prep for now.
    I liked Avatar too.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to be able to pursue my hobbies without worrying about whether or not I'll be able to eat dinner that night.
    Sounds like a communist utopia to me. Maybe you'd do well in Russia or China. I hear those are good places to live.

In reality, life requires effort.

I didn't. I got prepped for the military, and I wanted it, but it didn't work out in the end. Then I got prepped for computer programming, and I wanted it, and I found my love of computer security which I'm continuing to prep for now.
    You must have been born under a lucky star.

I liked Avatar too.
    There might be some miscommunication. I didn't say I didn't like Avatar, I said the movie is awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't supposed to draw on the back of it though.
    Well that explains a bit.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Sounds like a communist utopia to me. Maybe you'd do well in Russia or China. I hear those are good places to live.

Unless your one of those few that shows that isn't always the case.

There might be some miscommunication. I didn't say I didn't like Avatar, I said the movie is awful.
    Oh, was that the name of the movie or something? I never saw it, nor will I ever. I did very much enjoy the anime though! I thought that's what you meant.
    Unless your one of those few that shows that isn't always the case.
    Trust fund babies don't count, they're a small minority.

10+ Year Old Account

And yet, I have a hard time taking life seriously.

All I see is a bunch of children (who just happen to have existed for a while) yelling and screaming at each other and expecting each other to follow rules they make up on the spot. I just can't take it seriously, it's like a playground that I'm a stranger to, with rules that don't make sense and people who make even less sense.

Wait....now? You didn't learn that years ago? I could have sworn you did.
    What? No! I find it really hard to dislike anybody! I mean, I probably should dislike a few people but you've been fine. Especially since it turns out you don't actually hate TLA.
    Well, maybe you need to compromise or find something else that makes you happy? It's better than consigning yourself to something you hate just because it's easier.

Oh, was that the name of the movie or something? I never saw it, nor will I ever. I did very much enjoy the anime though! I thought that's what you meant.
    You should watch it, so you know to stay away from the sequel when M. Night gets around to it. He said he would after his next movie.

Trust fund babies don't count, they're a small minority.
    One cannot discount what is there.

- - - Updated - - -

What? No! I find it really hard to dislike anybody! I mean, I probably should dislike a few people but you've been fine. Especially since it turns out you don't actually hate TLA.
    You speak ill of your own hatred towards me. How can you do that towards yourself? Also, this is where I am negatively modest, one cannot just say they don't hate me without me trying to make it otherwise.

Also I do hate The Last Airbender, as that is the name of the movie. The show of course is Avatar: the Last Airbender, which is different.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet, I have a hard time taking life seriously.

All I see is a bunch of children (who just happen to have existed for a while) yelling and screaming at each other and expecting each other to follow rules they make up on the spot. I just can't take it seriously, it's like a playground that I'm a stranger to, with rules that don't make sense and people who make even less sense.
    Do what I do, and just go with it out of not caring. It makes things so much easier. If you have no expectations or hopes then none of them can fail or be dashed.

Stupid migraines! SSRIs are the worst.
    You speak ill of your own hatred towards me. How can you do that towards yourself? Also, this is where I am negatively modest, one cannot just say they don't hate me without me trying to make it otherwise.

Also I do hate The Last Airbender, as that is the name of the movie. The show of course is Avatar: the Last Airbender, which is different.
    Ugh, fine! I can hate you, but only because you deserve it!

- - - Updated - - -

I mean because you deserve to be hated by whoever you want since you're such a stand-up guy! Sorry, headache.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do what I do, and just go with it out of not caring. It makes things so much easier. If you have no expectations or hopes then none of them can fail or be dashed.
    I can't just not care.