Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    >you can fit the entire population of the world into an area the size of texas with the population density of New York

if that's not an argument for the world not being overpopulated

I don't know what is.
    >we want to live on a Corusant like world

>you can fit the entire population of the world into an area the size of texas with the population density of New York

if that's not an argument for the world not being overpopulated

I don't know what is.
    The problem of overpopulation is related to arable land, not living space.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    >we want to live on a Corusant like world
    The homeworld is destined to be as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Well we have the entire Sahara and the Oceans to move people to so we can have more arable land.

Honestly, I don't think it's even a problem taking into consideration how fast science is progressing.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    We grow more food than the world needs right now
    We just can't get it where it needs to go

Deleted
    Greed plays a big part in that to.

Yes, but that's not permanently sustainable without increased yields, which is the problem with the anti-GMO crowd.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Dead Rising. The game that makes visiting the mall fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Dead Rising. The game that makes visiting the mall fun!
    I like going to the mall, but maybe that's because I never had one to go to (and still dont today).

I like going to the mall, but maybe that's because I never had one to go to (and still dont today).
    Eh, I never was fond of the mall. Its just this big place full of huge numbers of people and oh em gee, shoappin. All the stuff in it is insanely overpriced too. Seriously, 100$ for a pair of blue jeans just because it has some popular brand name on it.

Deleted
    watching anime is awesome \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I never was fond of the mall. Its just this big place full of huge numbers of people and oh em gee, shoappin. All the stuff in it is insanely overpriced too. Seriously, 100$ for a pair of blue jeans just because it has some popular brand name on it.
    It's $100 for a pair of blue jeans at any a lot of non-mall places, I don't think that's exclusive there.

It's $100 for a pair of blue jeans at any a lot of non-mall places, I don't think that's exclusive there.
    Eh, I go to Ross for my clothes. Good quality brand name items that didn't sell go to Ross and they sell for it 12$s, all brand new. Its funny because you find the original price tags, with a Ross price tag over it. This coat I am wearing apparently cost 150$ and I got it for 20$.

Eh, I go to Ross for my clothes. Good quality brand name items that didn't sell go to Ross and they sell for it 12$s, all brand new. Its funny because you find the original price tags, with a Ross price tag over it. This coat I am wearing apparently cost 150$ and I got it for 20$.
    That's actually pretty cool, I had never considered Ross before. We have one, just never been to it. I'll check it out soon though, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I mean, I do agree that it's ridiculous for any piece of clothing to be more than like $20.

I just like the mall. I like the atmosphere; I like all of the people. There are so many different people with different stories, different life experiences, and different personalities. I can just watch them all day, just thinking about who they might be, who they've been, and who they will be. Who are their friends? Who are their enemies? What are their ambitions? Do they even have ambitions? What's their job? Do they even have a job? Do they cut their own hair or do they go to an expensive barber or salon?

People are fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    That's actually pretty cool, I had never considered Ross before. We have one, just never been to it. I'll check it out soon though, thanks.
    Its a surprisingly good place. I didn't realize exactly what they were until a few years ago, but its now the only place I shop for cloth. Everything else is so.. pricey. At least if you are looking for quality clothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I mean, I do agree that it's ridiculous for any piece of clothing to be more than like $20.

I just like the mall. I like the atmosphere; I like all of the people. There are so many different people with different stories, different life experiences, and different personalities. I can just watch them all day, just thinking about who they might be, who they've been, and who they will be. Who are their friends? Who are their enemies? What are their ambitions? Do they even have ambitions? What's their job? Do they even have a job? Do they cut their own hair or do they go to an expensive barber or salon?

People are fascinating.
    I have social anxiety and I feel surrounded and have the desire to bolt from crowded places, especially if I am on my own. So malls are not my thing :|

dragon goes to the mall because that's where the movie theater is

10+ Year Old Account
    I have social anxiety and I feel surrounded and have the desire to bolt from crowded places, especially if I am on my own. So malls are not my thing :|
    I have a decent amount of social anxiety too. Though I dont have a problem with crowds, but that's probably because I'm definitely going to become an assassin when I grow up.

Deleted
    i dont buy brand clothing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humle View Post
    You need to stop time traveling, cause now it looks like I'm responding late.
    If you're late you need to check if you're not pregnant.
    Oh, hi.

I have a decent amount of social anxiety too. Though I dont have a problem with crowds, but that's probably because I'm definitely going to become an assassin when I grow up.
    Eh.. if a place is too loud or crowded. Like a busy restaurant where there's a thousand conversations at once, clanking plates, and so on and I cant hear my own thoughts, I feel surrounded, and I close myself off. Everything becomes a tunnel. Or if I got people able to walk behind me, like a table in the middle of the room, I dont do that too well, need my back against a wall. Hate people walking behind me. I need to be able to think, and going to a loud busy place just doesn't do that for me. I also got Tinnitus so a lot of noise is painful to me. Got to close to a door charge in the service and the world hasn't stopped ringing and crackling since.

Prefer smaller less busy places, with a small group of people. I do well with small numbers of people. Just need to be comfortable with where I am at and I do fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    i dont buy brand clothing
    Brand clothing doesnt mean quality. I believe when I had a e-reader, I was trying to buy a cover for it. There were great quality 20$ covers. Then there was this trashy looking cover with a signature on it. That signature brought the price to 100$'s and the thing looked like it was going to fall apart.

I am more talking about good quality clothing. Sometimes brand names and quality go together, but not too often. But generally they are sold for a lot more then they need to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    If you're late you need to check if you're not pregnant.
    Congrats on getting knocked up Humle.