Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    What game had your favourite boss encounter?
    Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
    What boss was your favorite?
    Tavion:

Why was it your favorite boss? (Mechanics, Lore, Music, etc)
    The music was surely epic, but what I liked about this boss specifically (and all bosses in Jedi Knight games, for that matter) is that she didn't have any special mechanics: her actions are guided by a real life AI, not by a set of simple triggers that you can figure out and make the fight into a cakewalk - as with most other bosses. Plus, Jedi Knight games have one of my favorite combat systems of all time. I wish other Star Wars games had lightsaber combat that is anywhere near this in epicness and feel.
    Was this boss a challenge for you?
    The first time, yes, I spent over an hour trying to beat her. Nowadays, when I replay the game on highest difficulty, I usually beat her on the 2nd - 3rd try.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I really like the Senator Armstrong boss battle, even though I've never actually played the game. Not so much the actual fighting, but the entire setup is amazing to someone who doesn't even know the background of the game.

For a game I've actually played, I would have to go with Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. The two game are easy and pretty much for kids, but the fact they put in this guy who is MILES ahead in difficulty compared to the rest of the game is just amazing to me. He is the only boss you will actually need to study and practice if you want any hopes of beating him, unlike the others where you can normally beat them on your first attempt.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - Sephiroth Boss Fight

Deleted
    The second colossus from "Shadow of the Colossus". Pretty much all fights are epic becouse you have to travel there and while you are on your way you get to enjoy a beautiful landscape, and once you reach the place you have to face this majestic creature.

Out of all of the video games you've experienced:
    1. What game had your favourite boss encounter?
    2. What boss was your favorite?
    3. Why was it your favorite boss? (Mechanics, Lore, Music, etc)
    4. Was this boss a challenge for you?
    1) WoW
    2) Mimiron - Hard Mode.
    3) Most bosses in Ulduar were pretty epic. But IMHO this guy was just the best. It has all the best bits of a good boss fight. Phase 1 wasn't the best but phase 2 and onwards was just amazing, just this kind of organised chaos with fire all over the place. Oh and to start the fight, you get to press a BIG RED BUTTON. The bosses voice is awesome too
    4) Exactly the right level of challenge. Killing it felt awesome. The only boss of similar challenge i can think of lately is Gorefiend Mythic. Which really isn't nearly as good/fun. I mean, I don't look forward to killing Gorefiend like I did Mimiron.

This thread made me realize most of the games I like don't really have any "boss" fights.

Geez there's so many.

My favorite WoW boss encounter was Hakkar the Soulflayer in the original Zul'Gurub back in Vanilla WoW. I was in a really fun guild with lots of cool people. The fight was intense and difficult on many levels. Unfortunately, my computer could't handle WoW very well so my FPS would sit around 8-11 usually which made it tougher. But our guild was thoroughly entertained on that one. I wonder what it would have been like with a better computer?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Just off the top of my head, Firefly from Arkham Origins.

I just loved the satisfaction of reeling him in with the batclaw as he's buzzing trying to escape. It was challenging, it was cool to watch, and it was satisfying to beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Hogger

/10chars

What game had your favourite boss encounter?
    God of War 2
    The Sisters of Fate
    Pretty much everything. If you know anything about greek mythology you'd know how fucking powerful they are, so it was really cool to actually face them. The area where you fight the first boss was beautiful, and the design on the bosses was awesome. The second sister even takes you back in time to a critical moment in the first game, and you have to beat her before she changes the past which results in you dying.

And after defeating the first 2 sisters there's still the third one left. It felt really fucking scary the first time because you had to ascend to her head level from the bottom, so you had no idea what was waiting for you. The 3rd sister wasn't as good of a fight as the first 2, but it was still fucking awesome.

It was pretty difficult at first on the hardest difficulty, but one you learned their attack animations it wasn't too difficult. A challenging fight, but nowhere near the hardest boss in the game.

I moved this to the correct forum area, but here I go with my answer, granted, I could probably think of more better ones if I had a way to remember every single one, but for now I'll go with this one, since it's still fresh.

What game had your favorite boss encounter?

Undertale

Asgore (pacifist run)

Honestly, it's because of how the entire game is setting you up from the start that makes it amazing to me. The very first friendly monster you encounter tells you to avoid Asgore, because he will kill you. Then from there out, every single person you become friends with tells you the way to get home, while you keep hearing murmurs about Asgore. As the game progresses, you hear more and more about him, people praising him as their King, saying how he's the most kindest monster they know, he'd never hurt anyone, and how he's a great friend to all basically. The only issue is, as you're stuck in the land of monsters, and they're all sealed down there too, and the only way to break the barrier is with 7 human souls. So when you finally encounter Asgore, the first thing he does in the fight is smash your mercy option off your bars (Which if you're playing a pacifist run, is your key option basically). He's extremely hesitant while fighting, he obviously doesn't want to fight yet continues to do so to free his people, yet you're now unable to spare him, because he broke that option literally right off of your menus. There's a lot of deepness here that I'm missing out on honestly, but hey, the fight has great music too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqypnw6gQNg

Honestly, the biggest challenge was just figuring out that you actually have to fight him, since up until then, if you're playing pacifist, you either delay everyone until they get tired of fighting and give up (Using the Mercy Option), or just run. Since Asgore breaks that, there really is no loop hole, you have to fight him.

Genocide run final boss in Undertale (you know who I'm talking about if you've played)

1. What game had your favourite boss encounter? Chrono Trigger
    2. What boss was your favorite? Magus
    3. Why was it your favorite boss? (Mechanics, Lore, Music, etc) The build-up to the fight was great. You knew he was a badass for a while before you actually fought him. The music is also one of the best battle themes I've heard.
    4. Was this boss a challenge for you? Learning his abilities was a little brutal at first, but as with any RPG boss, there's always a trick to it.

I don't think it's the best, but it's always the one that comes to mind because of how it came together.

1. Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
    2. Ganon, final form
    3. I was still in middle school when I played it, and I played it without any help or guides the first time through... I have always enjoyed the epic, and at the time the fight was just about perfect in its presentation as far as I was concerned... you have just escaped, Ganondorf comes back up, transforms, knocks away your weapon, and Navi (annoying though she might have been) is with you this time.
    4. Not really.... by that point in the game you've learned pretty much all the tricks, and there wasn't anything so hard about that boss that it couldn't be handled without much difficulty. It was more the presentation that I enjoyed.

Edit: I will say, however, after reading the post directly above this one, Magus is a damn fine choice as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I moved this to the correct forum area, but here I go with my answer, granted, I could probably think of more better ones if I had a way to remember every single one, but for now I'll go with this one, since it's still fresh.

What game had your favorite boss encounter?

Undertale

Asgore (pacifist run)

Honestly, it's because of how the entire game is setting you up from the start that makes it amazing to me. The very first friendly monster you encounter tells you to avoid Asgore, because he will kill you. Then from there out, every single person you become friends with tells you the way to get home, while you keep hearing murmurs about Asgore. As the game progresses, you hear more and more about him, people praising him as their King, saying how he's the most kindest monster they know, he'd never hurt anyone, and how he's a great friend to all basically. The only issue is, as you're stuck in the land of monsters, and they're all sealed down there too, and the only way to break the barrier is with 7 human souls. So when you finally encounter Asgore, the first thing he does in the fight is smash your mercy option off your bars (Which if you're playing a pacifist run, is your key option basically). He's extremely hesitant while fighting, he obviously doesn't want to fight yet continues to do so to free his people, yet you're now unable to spare him, because he broke that option literally right off of your menus. There's a lot of deepness here that I'm missing out on honestly, but hey, the fight has great music too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqypnw6gQNg

Honestly, the biggest challenge was just figuring out that you actually have to fight him, since up until then, if you're playing pacifist, you either delay everyone until they get tired of fighting and give up (Using the Mercy Option), or just run. Since Asgore breaks that, there really is no loop hole, you have to fight him.
    Quote Originally Posted by christehchris View Post
    Genocide run final boss in Undertale (you know who I'm talking about if you've played)
    Fun fact I learned today.
    Papyrus and Sans both speak in the same font as their names lol
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Out of all of the video games you've experienced:
    1. What game had your favourite boss encounter?
    2. What boss was your favorite?
    3. Why was it your favorite boss? (Mechanics, Lore, Music, etc)
    4. Was this boss a challenge for you?
    1) Wild Arms 2
    2) Battle vs Lord Blazer (Final Battle)
    3) It was awesome. You get these super-powers that you didn't have the whole game and steamroll the last boss like he's a useless sack of crap. The music is also amazing, probably the most under rated video game song ever.
    4) No, and that's what made it amazing.

The song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve2vRYn7LJk

10+ Year Old Account
    Ganondorf in Wind Waker. The fight features everything i've ever wanted in a final boss fight when it comes to a Zelda game. Link vs Ganondorf in a sword fight with Zelda helping using Light Arrows. The setting just makes it all the more epic, Hyrule being slowly flooded as you ascend towards the surface world.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Ganondorf in Wind Waker. The fight features everything i've ever wanted in a final boss fight when it comes to a Zelda game. Link vs Ganondorf in a sword fight with Zelda helping using Light Arrows. The setting just makes it all the more epic, Hyrule being slowly flooded as you ascend towards the surface world.
    favorite part about that game is how the music changes while you're attacking.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Final boss in final fantasy 8

It wasn't a hard boss to beat, or with one a lot of great moves, but just the design of the fight was amazing, creepy in her appearance, and the fact she is absorbing all time and space into a singularity was mind blowing back then.
    Ultimecia was definitely a great encounter. My fight was a bit storybook, 2/3 of my team down, Squall was in the yellow HP range, I had no chance to survive but my Limit Break. Lionheart connected and saved the day. Ughhh the chills.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8