Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    I love the few months of no new content between expansions.
    Everyone and their grandmothers are complaining that they got nothing to do in WoW.
    I don't get it. This game offers so many things to do that it is crazy. Few months of no new content lets me capture the few pets that i am missing or farm for those mounts that i never spare the time to farm for. Or grind up some transmog gear for the new system.
    Toys are a thing too and there are plenty to collect also
    And achievements! Oh there are so many of those that it is borderline impossible to complete them all.
    And even if there is a moment that i don't feel like doing some of them it's not like there is not a damn thing to do in WoW. It's just that i don't feel like doing that.
    I know people will keep up crying they don't have stuff to do in WoW but i just wanted to point out that it's like 0.01% of the wow community that could actually state this and be true.
    I did all that during a similar content drought (13 months of SoO in Pandaria) and just had to do the new stuff in Legion and that is already done:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Arrow/simple

I even killed the rare mobs that drop loot that will be turned into toys with the next xpac.

So the only content I can do is to try kill Archimonde Mythic (we are 9/13 right now) and PVP. I really dislike PVP (and still try it from time to time just to get reminded how much I dislike it), so there is really not much to do for someone who never dropped the ball in the game and continued to sub and play.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2015-12-21 at 09:40 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    haha i actually agree i'm in no hurry for legion, i have more i want to get done that i'll ever manage to get done....oh well.
    I can agree with this, the longer until legion the better, Since while there is nothing i need to do in WoW i can play other games instead, Which i might not have time with at legion launch because then you have to level and gear up for new raids

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    well then, blizzard might as well not add anything new to the game because no one is going to be able to complete it 100%

so before you all ask for new content, you should all have all the mounts, ALL achievements and all pets.

Sigh, white knights
    That would be so funny if all the white knights defending blizzard suddenly got fucked without lube and told "Sorry you got all this content in the form of mount runs and achievements that we feel we don't need to add any new content for a couple of years".

Deleted
    There is nothing left to do that interests me. Pets? Like I care. Achievements? Don't care. Raiding? Already cleared HC multiple times and my guild as a whole is not big enough/good enough to do mythic. PvP? Didn't like it too much in WOD.

Rather play different games until Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone will participate in all of the content options available. I think if more took on that challenge, they might find themselves pleasantly surprised.

I think having friends and guildmates that have different interests than you has the potential to push you to try new things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are ppl still arguing over this?

Those who say there is "no content" always mean there is no content they want to do. Get over it, no amount of "but there IS content, you just don't want to do it!" will get them to magically start doing stuff they don't want to do. In their eyes there is "no" content to do.

So can we stop arguing over if there is content or not? If you still enjoy this game then play it, if you don't then stop playing it.

Few months..

Lol.

I'm sure you love paying Blizzard for nothing. Some folks don't. There are so many better games out there until Legion to play that are worth your money.

But each to their own.

I'd say there's a lot of things to do in WoW...
    just nothing new.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Why are ppl still arguing over this?
    Because the are two valid arguments, though not entirely linked.

On one hand the is very little to do in WoD and most people have already done it, as expansions go it's the one most short on content by a massive margin.

On the other hand, the is leftover content from previous expansions to do, the drawback being this is mainly the stuff too boring/tedious to be worth peoples time the first time round. Also there's the argument that old content cannot be classed as WoD content.

Deleted
    Meh I'd rather have WoD with lots of optional content than an expansion with mandatory, unfun grinds shoved down my throats. "Content" my ass.

Atm i have a choice. I can do some ashran, I can go mythic dungs, I can level up some alts, I can make gold, I can join a pug for a raid. Nothing is mandatory. I had an immense amount of fun in this expac and never really complained about lack of things to do. Even if i did ran out of stuff to do, I just logged off and played some other game or idk, went out

I dread "content" in Legion. Artifact power grind: mandatory "bring me 10 demon skins" quest. That quest rewards 19 gold and 150 art power. Gold is worthless (bankroll of 10 million+) but that art power doe... Fuck that. Another: legendary item off world drops grind. An item so op that it beats mythic loot from final raid.

Sod off with that. I like having plenty of content options but Blizzard loves to overincentivize stuff, making it mandatory and unskippable. Myth dungs in 6.2.3 for example. No one asked for 725 loot and valor from there. Nice on paper, in reality = this shoved all raiders into these and premade grp ilvl standards jumped by +25 overnight.

People saying there is nothing to do in WoW remind me of people sitting in front of a TV with about 200 available channels stating .... There is nothing to watch.

Please stop creating these troll threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinima Shawn View Post
    I'd say there's a lot of things to do in WoW...
    just nothing new.
    Ding ding winner!

The lack of variation is what makes things mundane, and 'lacking'

Most people word themselves as 'theres a lack of things to do' when the issues are more that one cant really do something fun as youve likely grinded the same stuff one hundred times already and it is already 'boring'

Theres a litteral fucktonne of stuff to do, is most of it fun, by the amount of whining people do, id guess it is not fun.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    People saying there is nothing to do in WoW remind me of people sitting in front of a TV with about 200 available channels stating .... There is nothing to watch.
    So you'd sit through a marathon of "The Kardashians" just for the sake of having something to watch, even though you loathe that kind of broadcasting and there is nothing on at all that interests you?
    Solution: Watch a movie, stream some series, do something else entirely.

It's the same thing here, who in their right mind would pay for a game + subs to play content that bores them to death?
    Solution: Take that sub money and put it into another game with actual content. Every game has acheivements and collectibles these days, might as well get something fresh with content that actually interests you.

The gap between expansions always has this content drought
    It's just bad planning on the part of blizzard
    It's not like they don't know there will be a big gap between the last content pitch and the next expansion is it?
    Blizzard has previously stated how far in advance they work on patches and expansions, so it is clearly piss poor planning
    I have the last three mythic bosses in HFC to kill and am still working on those, once those are down I have nothing to do in raiding
    I have over 325 mounts so collecting more isn't much of an option
    I have around 900 pets so collecting those isn't much of an option either
    I have around 23,000 achievement points, not much left to do there either
    And currently my garrison followers have more to do than I do and that really sums it up in the best way possible
    NPCs have more to do in game than players.......
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Deleted
    I started leveling on a vanilla realm until legion comes out. ATM @level 40 and 3 days 20 hours played. Shit's tough but having a blast.

Everyone and their grandmothers are complaining that they got nothing to do in WoW.

I don't get it. This game offers so many things to do that it is crazy. Few months of no new content lets me capture the few pets that i am missing or farm for those mounts that i never spare the time to farm for. Or grind up some transmog gear for the new system.

And achievements! Oh there are so many of those that it is borderline impossible to complete them all.

And even if there is a moment that i don't feel like doing some of them it's not like there is not a damn thing to do in WoW. It's just that i don't feel like doing that.

I know people will keep up crying they don't have stuff to do in WoW but i just wanted to point out that it's like 0.01% of the wow community that could actually state this and be true.
    Achievements aren't fun. Pets aren't fun. PvP isn't fun. So once I have cleared the raid on Mythic on 4 chars weekly for the last 2-3 months. Ya bored, but I don't care I have other games to play I don't even mind it. It is actually fun to play other games for once.

Is that all that you're able to propose?Do you think,that every single MUST complete all the achievements to be able to express his thoughts about the current expansion?Do you actually consider the battle pet system as an actual CONTENT?I'm sorry,I don't want to spend my gold on another pig,which running animation looks dull.Maybe I have to remind you,that WoW is mainly about doing QUESTS with actual content,not orc meat grinding in Tanaan,with an actual LORE behind them.Even the garrison campaign with the weekly quests seemed interesting,yet all they implemented in 6.2 are four weekly quests and that's it.

Achievements are pointless, arbitrary goals set by developers to incentivise pointless goals with little substantial gain other than perhaps a title. Achievements are not content in themselves. Toys are little extras often connected to achievements. Again, they have little substance in the meat of the game and are there merely for visual flavour. Outside of pets who now have some slight substance in the regard of pet battles.

Honestly, WoW offer very little value for money during draughts between expansions. Especially now that LFR is a thing. There's very few still wanting to see the story and forcing themselves through heroic dungeons to get into raids. In the past some people finished the end-game sooner than others, now with LFR there are no one at the back. Unless they want increasing difficulties. Hence the game seems even more dead inbetween expansions.

This is not rocket-science. Why play WoW when you can play Skyforge, Tera, SWTOR, Wildstar or GW2 for free? Honestly, there's no point.

If WoW PvP had some actual depth or grasp on the playerbase outside of the elite then maybe it would be good. Arenas grew old, so nope.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2015-12-21 at 10:36 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Few months..

Lol.

I'm sure you love paying Blizzard for nothing. Some folks don't. There are so many better games out there until Legion to play that are worth your money.

But each to their own.

This is the truth indeed.

You fanboys make it sound like WoW is the only decent game out there in the market. Well you should maybe wake up.

If you come to the critical point where your only argument to defend the game is to talk about farming achievements and mounts then I'm sorry to burst your bubble but 90% of current video games do have the same kind of bullshit "achievement grinders content". Its like you would say to someone who has done most of Assassins Creed why he doesn't collect all the useless posters or shitty objects that accomplish nothing except wasting your free time.