Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Returning Paladin , feel Lost? What should i do.

Hello Paladins

im a old school paladin player and after a few years of out of game i just returned and i dont know where to start , already level 100 doing heroic dungeons but whats after that? i dont have the time to get into Raiding , any tips?
    my bad Ret /Holy
    Last edited by Raintusk; 2015-12-21 at 09:02 PM.

What spec? You need to be more specific with your problem and what you want.

drop it and re roll, to me, pallies were butchered by blizzard years ago (Mained pally as my first char in tbc)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ret and Holy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintusk View Post
    Hello Paladins

im a old school paladin player and after a few years of out of game i just returned and i dont know where to start , already level 100 doing heroic dungeons but whats after that? i dont have the time to get into Raiding , any tips?
    my bad Ret /Holy
    Keep up with Garrison
    Do LFR for minimal weapon upgrades and legendary ring questline
    Grind Baleful armor and upgrade it as needed

If you don';t have time to raid, you should be aiming for Mythic dungeons. They offer the best difficulty/reward ratio outside of raids.

From my exp as Ret Main \ Holy Os this expansion, if you want to do anything with pugs, without group finder go holy and stay holy. If you have a good group built up, ret is fun, but hard to get into pugs with.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Return to your warrior, or any ranged character.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Played Ret since Vanilla 04, I'd reroll if they don't improve mobility. It's ridiculous the mental gymnastics and verbal garbage Blizzard outputs in regards to not giving Paladins mobility now that everyone has it. They've done in many other areas, but have softened there stances in some over the years; however, they for the most part remain stubborn and illogical as hell when it comes to Paladins.

Reroll is my suggestion.
    Last edited by deadmau; 2015-12-22 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    Main holy/ret for 3 expansions now.

Since you said you're running heroic dungeons atm, I'll assume you're interested in PvE. I'll also assume your play time is very limited (short bursts of 30-60 minutes a day, few days a week).

Gearing up:
    1) Stop doing heroic dungeons, they are a time waster. No challenge, no rewards. Just do the required ones for the initial stage of the legendary ring if you want to obtain it
    2) Get your garrison to level 3 to unlock the Tanaan questline if you already haven't
    3) Get yourself to Tanaan and make sure you do the daily quest + 2 bonus areas as often as you can for optimal daily Apexxis income. If you got extra time, do some more bonus areas. Combined with some rare mob drops / treasures found there that will get you started gear wise.
    4) Better alternative to Tanaan is to just run random BGs. Ilvl 700 honor gear and ilvl 710 conquest gear is obtainable either through boxes or vendors and that's by far the shortest way to gear up unless you are loaded with gold. For maximum effect, spam random BGs when the weekly quest is active, or spam skirmishes when their weekly quest is active.
    5) Best alternative is if you have plenty leftover gold on your account or extra cash. If so, pick up some Champion's Honor from AH and get yourself free PvP gear.

Now that you're decently geared (ilvl 700+), there's the question what to do as your "endgame content". One suggestion was already mentioned, focus on mythic dungeons. They can be reasonably challenging if the group is undergeared (680 or lower) or tanks pull large groups. You should have no issue finding group as either ret or holy if above 700 ilvl. You can also pug a raid occasionally. The biggest time waster there is actually finding a decent group. You can also farm older raids for mounts / transmog etc. At ilvl 700, all pre-MoP raids at 25HC are trivial, and you will be able to solo Elegon 10N for a shot at his mount.

EDIT: link + grammar
    Last edited by mmoc0b587272a8; 2015-12-22 at 12:12 PM.

Hey Mate, I STILL play Ret as my main ever since s6 (end Ulduar), you have to ask yourself 1 thing : what do you love more Ret or being good/wanted at WoW. I am speaking from strictly PvP point of view (since you said you do not have time to pvp). If you are in love with Ret spec as much as I am, then you going to have a hard / full of strugle road ahead of you pvp Wise, you are not viable in RBGs or 2s at high end at all, 3s/5s you are some what viable but its a HUGE struggle to get to 2.3kcr +, do Ashran/3 RBG wins/weekly cap gear up mass versality/mastery/haste for pvp stat wise.
    Now if you do not love Ret as much simply go Hpal they are very good both arena/RBGs or if you want to play dps spec similar to Ret go Enh Shammies, they are everything that Ret should be and more. I lvled my alt Enh shammy last season to see how far i can push in Arena, and i did very very well + had ton of fun running Turbo clv (dont hate ppl, after playing Ret i dont feel bad running FOTM comp). When i started playing Enh on Par with my ret, i felt like i am on steroids when ever i entered arena as Enh.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2015-12-23 at 10:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    All these reroll naysayers, why are you even on this forum?

Ret is fine. People just deem them unworthy for whatever reason.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2015-12-25 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans the Skeleton View Post

Many Ret haters out there.... Meanwhile, Ret is doing just fine...

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sans the Skeleton View Post

Ret is fine in PVE, 5s, world pvp, duels. In RBGs unless you have titles to back you up, serious team will never invite you. in 3s ret is viable but it takes sooo much more effort than lets say if you are playing any other melee pretty much. Saying all that, I main as Ret this season cuz i love the spec 2 much to quit it ).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Mythic Dungeons are a real challenge too, though I never spent much time in those (not really my thing).
    no, myth 5m is just flat stat increase, ilvl 680+ = afk mode

legendary is ticket for open world supremacy btw...

but after years of absence there is a lot of legacy content to explore (/edit: those mounts...)