Poll: When to expect sex after dating.

Thread: Dating and sex

Page 1 of 52
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Dating and sex

How fast after dating does one have sex?
    I'm not talking about random hookups but actually dating with the intention that it's leading to a serious relationship.

What have you done in the past or what are you expecting?
    And what happens if you do like the girl/guy a lot but its been quite some dates and no sex has happened, do you just break it off before that sole reason?

I myself am not the person who has sex on the first date or even the second, but rather when I feel like I actually want to be with the guy, obviously I know this may not be everyone's cup of tea.

What about you?

After? If you dont laid during 1st date. Its a bust. Look for a new date.

It took some months after I started dating my partner, was the first time I had sex, found people claiming it to be really good to be exaggerating, it's okay but not up there with more enjoyable things

Practice makes perfect.

Deleted
    Literally everyone is different, every partnering is different. This is a dumb question. There's no rule of thumb that works for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone posting 1st date here has never been laid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auod View Post
    Literally everyone is different, every partnering is different. This is a dumb question. There's no rule of thumb that works for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm asking what people have experienced, it goes without saying that everyone is different. I'm not sure how it's a dumb question.

But you clearly have your facts straight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whenever it feels natural, but I'd say if we've been dating enough that we've been alone at my/her placefor several times and nothing has happened and there's no particular reason for it not happening, it's would be a bit concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    After? If you dont laid during 1st date. Its a bust. Look for a new date.
    Following this advice is going to leave you a lonely, sexless pest.

If you're wanting just a casual hookup and fuck, then fine, but if you're actually dating for the growth of a relationship, expecting sex within the first few dates it stupid. Let it come naturally, see how it goes and don't even believe for a second there is a "3 Dates Rule". Everyone is different, some have 4, or 12 date rule. Some people want to fuck right away, others want to wait until they're in a comfortable relationship.

It totally depends on the people involved, and as such there isn't really much to discuss.

"expect" is an odd word to use in this situation, dating doesnt demand sex, sex can happen the first time you go out, or after months. Depends on what you go dating FOR, and thats probably the most important thing to set right away, what are the both of you looking to get out of dating in the first place, if its just sex/hookup, theres apps for that and save everyone wasted time.

Quote Originally Posted by Luwny View Post
    I'm asking what people have experienced
    My girlfriend and I went on several dates before we fucked, and we spent a lot of time together and got really comfortable with each other beforehand. We're now approaching our first year together. Whatever you're looking for, there is someone out there willing to give it to you, or they have it.

But, asking for peoples experiences is like asking how much sand there is at the beach. Every experience is different, every date is different, and everyone is different. There are as many people that don't fuck until their 5th date, as those that fuck on their 3rd, and the same goes for the 1st, 2nd, 17th... You get my point.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Generally the Weekend after we become BF/GF. So a couple weeks of "dates" so dinner and maybe a Movie. Decide if we want to make this official, start fucking the next week to make sure we are compatible.

The 8th date is the sexy date. Put out or get out.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    as the man, you're the one who decides for fucks sake. you have to fucking read her god damnit. if the vibes are good and she's giving you all the right signals, you say "hey, wanna come back to my place for a glass of wine?" then you pound the shit out of it and go to sleep.

then you do it again in the morning.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by Luwny View Post
    I myself am not the person who has sex on the first date or even the second, but rather when I feel like I actually want to be with the guy, obviously I know this may not be everyone's cup of tea.

What about you?
    When it feels natural. There's no set numbers for me ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    "expect" is an odd word to use in this situation, dating doesnt demand sex, sex can happen the first time you go out, or after months. Depends on what you go dating FOR, and thats probably the most important thing to set right away, what are the both of you looking to get out of dating in the first place, if its just sex/hookup, theres apps for that and save everyone wasted time.
    It's a good point - I used online dating, and a lot of people were there wanting just quick hook ups, even in the sections where they're labelled as wanting a strong relationship. It's pointless, don't waste time, there are services, apps, websites and places you can go to for that stuff, so find out what each of you want, and just take it from there.

If you're both wanting a casual hook up, and you've not fucked after seeing each other for say, 5 dates, chances are one of you aren't quite getting the vibe of how it's going. If you're both after a long term relationship, and you're demanding or expecting sex on the first date, then you're not getting the vibe either.

Quote Originally Posted by Auod View Post
    And then you wonder why so many people treat online dating tools as a form of free of charge brothel and then get disappointed buying a coffee or a pizza is not a ticket to sex.

But if 2 desperate sex starved people meet each other, then I guess even 1st date is "whenever it feels right" so voted for that option, as it includes everything.

2nd date was always my magic point. First date is building up trust and checking for the connection. 2nd date is movie night and *potentially* the sleepover phase. When he/she is comfortable enough to sleep over at your place you're to the point where you can either ask or make the move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    I suppose expect might be an odd word to use, but I kind of find it hard to believe nobody has some kind of expectations. I've seen posts where people would say, they'd stop bothering if things didn't click enough for there to be sex around the 3rd date.

If "whenever it feels right" has been a month or two, wouldn't one wonder what's happening?

Hence my question really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The 8th date is the sexy date. Put out or get out.
    If you bought this girl 8 dinners and you still aren't asking for sex you're her new best friend "I like you too much to make things complicated"