Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Smoking weed during exams

So I'm studying business science in university at the moment and I normally smoke a joint in the evening after all my work is done. (I NEVER smoke in if I got stuff to do) But now is the time to study hard since my exams start the 6th of januari until the 29th.

Should I stop smoking during this period or doesn't it really matter if you get high only when all work is done. I usually study from 8 AM to 10 PM and go to sleep. How would weed affect my study potential if i smoke one at 10 PM and go to sleep at 11PM?

Would like some answers from people who got experience with it.

Deleted
    Quit your study and be the new snoop dogg

srsly what a question

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything that negatively affects your ability to rationally think is probably not going to be of benefit to your studying.

do speed. before an exam. works wonders.

dont do it. i used to be a heavy smoker, but toned down now after i left the netherlands.

smoking will impact your short term memory. if you have to study a lot, it will cause you to confuse things and mix them up.

i finished my studies pretty successfully with an on/off cycle. Obviously, off during study periods before exams.

keep a J rdy for after the last exam

Deleted
    Didn't you watch stoner sloth?

I'd quit while you're studying. It's not all going to go in, but don't forget to give yourself time to relax and let loose some steam. While you've got exams going on, or while you really need to focus, I wouldn't if I were you.

I totally thought this was going somewhere else. My school didn't allow smoking anything on campus, so obviously pot during an exam was out of the question.

Shouldn't have much of an effect if you smoke it like that. If it helps you sleep it may even be beneficial.

As long as you only smoke it like this, and it doesn't already stymie your learning.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-12-22 at 07:22 PM.

I wouldn't change my habits. You probably need weed to be normal now.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    OT: Just do it, if you smoke at 10 pm your head will totally be clear by 8 am in the morning.
    If anything, it might help you relax/sleep after a long day of work.
    Personally don't have experience with it but this is what my friends say (am dutch)

Quote Originally Posted by Firespark View Post
    Shouldn't have much of an effect if you smoke it like that. If it helps you sleep it may even be beneficial.
    out of experience, it can destroy everything you tried to learn, depending on how strong you make the joint. a blunt will send you to heaven but also make you as dumb as a bread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I wouldn't change my habits. You probably need weed to be normal now.
    thats a hunch of crap and not true at all

I used to drink a couple of shots before a big exam or before any public speaking at school - the extra relaxation did wonders. I don't think getting high would have helped in either of those situation, especially public speaking. Would be way too paranoid.

this is my personal experience and you can try it once...
    i had 2 really hard exams and i had a terrible car accident which prevented me from studying well during season so i had to learn A LOT just in a day for 2 exams...
    when smoke weed im extremely focused and it makes me conscious so i decided to risk and test it !

i smoke a role of weed and went to library ^^ my score was quite good B+ and B ! it was the only time i did such a thing !

i think it worth to try ! if u failed on first exam leave it until you are free from exams...

10+ Year Old Account
    I took off during study periods and more intense sections that I needed to focus better. Anything goes after you're done though

10+ Year Old Account
    it would probably benefit you greatly to completely quit forever.

Yeah, never a bad idea to drop it for studying. I can't write at all while high. That's what whiskey/scotch is for.

There's also the bonus of the fresh high after a few days off.

Deleted
    Thank you all for the responses but some of you are forgetting that I don't do anything while I'm high. I only get high when I'm done with everything.

Deleted
    as long as you aren't high while learning it's okay.