Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Locks play aff now on every one of the fights you just mentioned for speed kills.

Iskar was the only fight where that trinket made sense and mostly early on when the adds lived for a decent amount of time. It's a really shit trinket design that goes against the very reason we play destro on certain fights. Shit made no sense...

Have a spriest alt too and holy shit do I freaking hate the class trinket there as well, it's the worst feeling design I've ever seen. Really should have been a buff on the player.
    amen to that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdzrool View Post
    The trinket gives you one less proc to dump embers and forces you to weave incinerates into your dump phase which generally feels clunky. Any combo of dump, movement, and/or target swaps risks losing your stacks if you haven't planned ahead. I used it for iskar progression but now the adds die too quickly for it to even be worth it so I'll probably just go Aff for farm. I'd probably use it a lot more if either chaos bolt or conflag also added a stack but having it linked enitrely to a 2s cast, 20k damage, infinite travel time spell is just awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You also have to be very very careful with conflag and immolate so to not cap on embers, keeps it difficult to hover to 25-35 embers.

I agree it is clunky and i dislike the trinket but lets be honest, you need to cast Incinerate during a "dump phase" so casting it to keep a debuff up is not really an issue.

The point is, the basic "rotation" doesn't change and it most certainly does not stop you performing the boss mechanics accordingly.
    If you have problems using the trinket or simply dont like it (like me) then dont use it and stick with DSI + GSR/OoV/Sandmans/Piston.

I find trinket very useful for soloing MoP raids...extra ember regen is so very good to have, that the trinket is often the best one to use...Dont think i could have soloed heroic Sha of Anger few months back if i didnt have the trinket.

Outside of that i think i hate is as much as everyone else...having a debuff on the target is awful design =/

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    I agree it is clunky and i dislike the trinket but lets be honest, you need to cast Incinerate during a "dump phase" so casting it to keep a debuff up is not really an issue.

The point is, the basic "rotation" doesn't change and it most certainly does not stop you performing the boss mechanics accordingly.
    If you have problems using the trinket or simply dont like it (like me) then dont use it and stick with DSI + GSR/OoV/Sandmans/Piston.
    The rotation DOES change. Imagine DSI had a 10 sec duration instead of 20 (just like GSR does). You would HAVE to cast an incinerate inside that 10 sec window (or you do during GSR proc), else the buff drops. Also, if your tier 4pc procs (no ember consumption) you waste the proc time to an incinerate instead of the extra chaos. Rare occasion, but happens: to have the tier 4pc proc on first and second chaos bolt and then you also lose the embers from the obligatory incinerate as well.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2016-01-16 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    The rotation DOES change. Imagine DSI had a 10 sec duration instead of 20 (just like GSR does). You would HAVE to cast an incinerate inside that 10 sec window (or you do during GSR proc), else the buff drops. Also, if your tier 4pc procs (no ember consumption) you waste the proc time to an incinerate instead of the extra chaos. Rare occasion, but happens: to have the tier 4pc proc on first and second chaos bolt and then you also lose the embers from the obligatory incinerate as well.
    I really think you are splitting hairs tbh, i get what you are saying but still its basic play remains the same.

Your hypothetical situation is flawed as its unlikely to every happen.
    First of all you would have to run GSR over DSI which would be dumb.
    Second of all you don't float on 4 embers you float on 3-3.5 which means you would always have to cast an INC at some point
    ALSO, the most likely cast before you start dumping you embers would be a INC so your debuff would be at Max duration allowing you to burn some embers before casting your next INC.