Poll: Best WoW Expansion so far?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    WOTLK>Everything else. How anyone can compare WOTLK with MoP (Or WoD, are you mad!?) is beyond me. The only explanation I can come up with is you didn't play much of WOTLK because you can't compare them. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed MoP, it was decent and I've had fun in WoD but WOTLK blew my tiny little mind. It was (and probably always will be) the greatest 2 gaming years of my life. MoP had some good raids (well, one really, and it was OK) but WOTLK had Ulduar and ICC. Ulduar was (for me at least) the best raid Blizz have ever made, it's pretty much flawless. And ICC was pretty spectacular. And that's just two raids, everything else about the xpac was also brilliant.

I'm guessing you barely played WOTLK or just have very short memories.

Wotlk>MoP>TBC>WoD>Cata

Wotlk is king, no doubt about it.

MoP was good and had tons of content. Where some expansions barely touch on already established lore, MoP created all new lore and explored it like crazy. It's one of the few expansions where you're not left with 10x than you had at the start, unlike tbc where you really have no clue what really happened in the lore during that expansion. The rest are meh, even the nostalgia tbc that everyone hated while it was current.
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2015-12-23 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinima Shawn View Post
    lol is it a 100% WoD because I'm the first one to vote?
    WoD is the only expansion where I have a reason to log on daily (gold missions).

Vanilla: didn't know what I was doing...just had a blast cannibalizing scarlet crusaders.
    TBC (the end of): my only motivation was to reach lvl 55 so I could play a DK in wrath.
    WotLK: World PvP breathed it's last breath.
    Cata: Loved it, but..Firelands.
    MoP: The prettiest expac, but school was more important.
    WoD: Gold farmers paradise.
    Are you a troll or what? You hadn't even reached level 60 let alone 70 in BC and you call the death of world PvP in wotlk? You think firelands was bad and that WoD is the best because you can farm gold... jesus christ this is the demographic now.

BC>>Wrath>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MoP=Cata>>>>>>>>>WoD
    Last edited by Killec; 2015-12-23 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    playing since Cata (4.3)

Wod > Cata > MoP

Not much diffrence between eachother tho. I hated MoP start, fuck daily questing implemented in this method (forced for progression, whole high pop server doing them, gg 2-3 hours cut away from your life). WoD is my fave propably. Great art, finally decent questing, garrisons >>>>>>> dailies. Instanced AH!!! My dream since...ever. I spent most of MoP sitting in Shattrath. TBC Shattrath. It was nice and queit, AH worked fast there. In stormwind it was so fcking crowded AH scans were like 3-4 times longer.

Deleted
    TBC > Wrath >Cata > Wod > Mop. Mop is just last place cuz i couldnt stand the ugly asian panda theme otherwise it was better then this dull expansion WoD.

Deleted
    The results seem pretty accurate to me.

WotLK was a blast. I'm glad that I joined late during TBC and experienced WotLK from the start that way.
    Then comes Cata, which was horrible, except for the small handful of 37173s who screamed "omg please, make it harder" and "give us more recount", among with stupid things like matching up level 84 with level 81 in PvP and a virtually effortless LFR and end of expansion. That basically killed WoW for me.

Then comes MOP which was rich in lore and where you can tell the dev team was into asian culture and put their backs into it, which still gives it third place.

Funny how the poll reflects these thoughts, and not the "TBC was best!" (which you pretty much have to say just to prove your elite status, because that way everyone knows you've been there for longer than everyone else) and "omg pandas suck!" (which you also pretty much have to say because otherwise people think you like cute fuzzy things like pandas and that would be uncool).

15+ Year Old Account
    For me (world of warcraft since vanilla beta) the best expansion so far was WotLK.
    Why not BC? Well, after vanilla, which was great at all, BC had some special moments, like first time flying which was awesome or getting into black temple / sunwell after downing vashj and kaelthas were some of the moments i most enjoyed. sunwell was a good raiding ground to finish this expansion (even if it didnt fitted fully in the "legion" style of BC)
    But WotLK is my favourite! It had an awesome story, some better questing area's (sadly that MANY wow players didnt fully completed the Icecrown question!!! its awesome!!!)
    After WotLK my next expansion is Cata, then WoD and last Pandaria. I hated Pandaria in every single way since the beginning of the expansion, i didnt like it and will never (has nothing to do with the pandas at all).

TLDR:

Wotlk > BC > Cata > WoD > Pandaria

100% Achievements - "Warlords of Draenor Edition" - 03.02.2016 - 05:52 CET
    Hunter Armory | Guild: Gambit (German) | Sellruns / Boosts (German)

WotLK for sure. The atmosphere was amazing. I really liked MoP too, actually.

WoTLK.

Raiding was both accessible and extremely challenging. The world first race was alive and well. PvP was as well both accessible and extremely challenging. Server communities were still tight knit, especially in PvP. Gearing alts was fast and fun. You could actually feel your character growing stronger in pvp as you went from greens to relentless / wrathful. It was fun collecting trinkets like DBW for pvp. Pretty much every spec in the game was playable to 2200. Even tank specs.

WoTLK without a doubt. Runner up is late mop / late cata. Then its Vanilla >>> TBC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WoD

Wrath of the Lich King.

Its easily the golden age of WoW, and a great conclusion to a story that started in WC3. Arthas was an amazing villain, even side villains like Malygos and Yogg-Saron had my attention. The zones looked incredibly, maybe not so much for Borean Tundra outside of Coldarra. The questing was also at its best, not completely on rails like Cata and after, but a lot more open worldish with some great lore attached to it. The raids were also amazing, looking at Ulduar and ICC which I both still clear every week. Naxx and ToC are decent, but they were still fun to raid. And the dungeons outside of Violet Hold were a lot of fun.

WotLK > TBC > Vanilla > MoP >>>> WoD >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cata

LOL at people saying WotLK now. I remember the amount of hate threads regarding wotlk when it was current on how they dumbed the game down.

For me BC>WLK>Van>MoP>WoD>Cata

Cant believe people hated MoP, gameplay wise it had the best changes. People actually have choices on talents compared to before wer you just stick with 1 cookie cutter spec til the next FotM, class rotations and healing/tanking got more interesting, challenge mode progression, Throne of Thunder?! which quality is almost up there with ulduar.

The only reason probably why Van, BC and WotLK for me is up there is because of the community and the nostalgia, which for me died since the cross realm LFD LFR bullshit they implemented after WotLK, but the gameplay actually got better imo with MoP and WoD.

Cata was forgettable.

I started playing WoW in MoP and since WoD sucks, I have to go with MoP. However, if I would start in Vanilla, I would say TBC or WotLK, because Vanilla was so slow I tested it. TBC for incredible dungeons, raids, arenas and SL/SL haha. WotLK for the feelz, fun PvP and ofc Arthas.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOTLK > MoP > TBC > Cata > WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Oh wow. The expansion that had the most new players got voted most and the one with 2nd most new players was voted 2nd. How unexpected and unbiased

wotlk > bc > wod > mop >>> cata

wotlk: was the time I played the most (time and friends) + best story (till now imo) + wrathgate + DK and pally were really fun to play + played beta (that was really the best part of my wow history)

bc: was the time I started with wow (I think it was with patch 2.2 or a bit before). loved warry and pally back then (+ friends let me play with their 70 chars, yeay yeah acc sharing blabla). sad part: I couldn't effort to play as much as my friends because of money (I was under 15/16) + when I reached 70, 2-3 weeks later wrath came out

wod: had best leveling experience + I have now the most gold of all time and it's still rising + token, no more monthly fee + I like the story and cinematics

mop: was ok, nothing perfect but also nothing too bad, well monks were fun in beta but they had to touch them in like every minipatch

cata: didn't really enjoy and sadly almost all of my friends stopped playing, only good parts: transmog, worgen(and their starting area, silverspine story UD vs worgen) and some pvp/tier-sets

somehow I hope legion will even be better than wrath (though I doubt wrath can be beaten)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    Oh wow. The expansion that had the most new players got voted most and the one with 2nd most new players was voted 2nd. How unexpected and unbiased
    Voting on expansions with the most or second most new players isn't biased, means the ones who might have joined there only can relay to those or around. I voted Wrath and Mists of Pandaria, but I started on launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically for me.

Wrath of the Lich King + Mists of Pandaria -> Vanilla/Classic -> The Burning Crusade -> Warlords of Draenor* -> Cataclysm

* Warlords of Draenor holds a mark of honor though, as it did some good updates as well, as well as Khadgar gives a few +
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I personally love TBC. Challenging dungeons, good quest hubs, fun raids, summon stones and graveyard locations that made sense. Resist gear was helpful, but not required like in Vanilla. As someone who tanked in Vanilla, I have not so fond memories of being forced to farm mats for resist gear and we sucked at killing mobs. TBC had the right amount of QoL without becoming too casual. I always had stuff to do,but it didn't feel like a chore.

I had my greatest times in BC. But that just had a lot to do with the guild. But I did love the game then as well. But if I really had to put a finger on it..

I would say Wrath.

It had in my opinion the best story and story arc. You felt like you were really combating the LK all the way though leveling/5 mans/and raiding.

Ulduar and ICC are two of my favorite raids of all time. As a raider that means a lot in my picking an expansion. (it did also have 2 bad raids imo, I get it)

I really loved Northrend as a endgame world. Big, expansive, felt alive, connected, and had different types of zones. Duel starting zones was great as well.

I liked Dal, some people didn't but I did. Loved the sanctuary city in that expansion. Really felt like the hub of the world.

I also really enjoyed the world PVP zone in Wrath. It always felt epic to me. Not to say it didn't certainly have flaws.

Introduced a few things I really enjoy to this day as well. Hardmode (then heroic, now mythic) raids. The dungeon finder.

for me, Burning Crusade hands down.

for the game overall i think probably Wrath was the pinnacle so far.