Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Not that I necessarily agree with it all the time, but I think the idea is that anyone with half a brain will know not to kill people, even if they see it being done in games or on television. Show a preteen too many sex scenes however, and they will almost certainly start experimenting before they really should. And I would hardly call it prudish to not want your preteen child having sex.
    Nothing wrong with some safe experimenting. And yeah, that's prudish.

To clarify, it's better to be open about these kinds of things than have kids stumble upon it themselves and not know what kind of risks are involved.

It comes from thousands of years of civilized morality codes of conduct that kept us from becoming uncivilized barbarians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It comes from thousands of years of civilized morality codes of conduct that kept us from becoming uncivilized barbarians.
    Well...not really. Though I guess it depends on who we define to be barbarians. Greeks and Romans, were they barbarians?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Well...not really. Though I guess it depends on who we define to be barbarians. Greeks and Romans, were they barbarians?
    No they were civilized and advanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they were civilized and advanced.
    I see. I thought their practices of pederasty, polygamy, prostitution and so forth would surely not be civilized.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I had a good chuckle. Please, oh mighty overlord, tell me when was the last time the US measurably protected Europe from a military threat.
    http://uatoday.tv/news/wsj-us-milita...pe-530084.html
    Pentagon leaders propose rotating more forces to the Continent to deter Russia

Nothing wrong with some safe experimenting. And yeah, that's prudish.

To clarify, it's better to be open about these kinds of things than have kids stumble upon it themselves and not know what kind of risks are involved.
    Self experimenting is fine I guess. But do you really think kids will stop with themselves? Last thing we need is more rape cases where an 11 year old molested a 5 year old.

Also, I argue many kids exposed to sex way too early tend to have issues in that area their whole lives. Be it molesting or just "experimenting" it usually does not result in an adult who is generally considered healthy psychologically
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it has something to do with the fact that the US was more or less founded by puritans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    Self experimenting is fine I guess. But do you really think kids will stop with themselves? Last thing we need is more rape cases where an 11 year old molested a 5 year old.

Also, I argue many kids exposed to sex way too early tend to have issues in that area their whole lives. Be it molesting or just "experimenting" it usually does not result in an adult who is generally considered healthy psychologically
    You think a nipple on tv makes eleven year olds rape 5 year olds?

You want teen pregnancy rates EU vs USA? I think not.

I see. I thought their practices of pederasty, polygamy, prostitution and so forth would surely not be civilized.
    Well compared with all the cannibals from uncivilized areas of the globe, they were as civilized as it got back then.

10+ Year Old Account

Only because it' a deviation from the norm. These are not biological processes; these are problems we create ourselves by making these individuals into powerless pariahs.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    You think a nipple on tv makes eleven year olds rape 5 year olds?

You want teen pregnancy rates EU vs USA? I think not.
    I'm not talking about just a nipple slip. That is the most benign or sex acts.

I am talking sex in general. Even simulated sex with no actual privates showing. I'm talking all cases here.

A nipple being shown for the lulz probably won't get kids to get frisky, but showing people getting it on skinemax style probably will.

And what do teen pregnancy rates have to do with and 11 year old fondling some 5 year old?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well compared with all the cannibals from uncivilized areas of the globe, they were as civilized as it got back then.
    So, less sex = more civilized = good?

Deleted
    So, less sex = more civilized = good?
    I'm not talking about just a nipple slip. That is the most benign or sex acts.

I am talking sex in general. Even simulated sex with no actual privates showing. I'm talking all cases here.

A nipple being shown for the lulz probably won't get kids to get frisky, but showing people getting it on skinemax style probably will.

And what do teen pregnancy rates have to do with and 11 year old fondling some 5 year old?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...others2002.svg

10+ Year Old Account
    What point are you trying to make here?

Deleted
    What point are you trying to make here?
    That the puritanian method of getting teens off sex/nudity by censoring it seems to lead to
    an awefull lot of teen pregnancys.

The US has more than five times the rates of central european countrys. As such we can at least say nope some nipple on TV won't cause 11 year olds to rape 5 year olds.
    I don't see any russian troops here, and I certainly don't feel threatened by them. Nor have they declared war on us at any point recently. Doesn't count.
    Without NATO Latvia would speak russian tommorow.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-12-24 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    That the puritanian method of getting teens off sex/nudity by censoring it seems to lead to
    an awefull lot of teen pregnancys.

The US has more than five times the rates of central european countrys. Those we can at least say nope some nipple on TV won't cause 11 year olds to rape 5 year olds.

Without NATO Latvia would speak russian tommorow.
    I can believe that

Deleted
    nato = us?
    Long complicated answer? Yes.

If there is no 911 to call when something happens, chances are you will be a lot more conservative to protect your family.

I don't see any russian troops here, and I certainly don't feel threatened by them. Nor have they declared war on us at any point recently. Doesn't count.
    If it weren't for NATO you might feel differently.
    Former Warsaw Pact countries would most certainly, such as the Ukraine.

- - - Updated - - -

If there is no 911 to call when something happens, chances are you will be a lot more conservative to protect your family.
    Have to agree.