Unhappy Terrified to ask given recent public uproar... but I have a multiboxing question

Whats the best, legal, program to help with Multiboxing now in days? I am hoping the MMO-Champ forums are a little softer around the subject than the official WoW forums.

Deleted
    While multiboxing itself is allowed, using programs to help you do it is in a grey area. You can't use macroing software to create loops or nests. Each keystroke cannot send more than one action to each character. So it is okay to send "W" to 5 game screens at once. It is also okay to make an in-game macro that will target your first character's target on characters 2-5 and bind that to your tab. A program that does that is AutoHotKey. And here's a somewhat complete script that will show you how you can do it in a way that is allowed.

Deleted
    Having 2 mice with cursors would simplify things when dualboxing. It's retarded that windows only has 1 mouse cursor when its GUI based OS.

Deleted
    I believe they almost always use autohotkey. I'm not surprised of the uproar you mentioned by the way. In my opinion Blizzard would not allow the practice if it wasn't profitable (or if they didn't believe it isn't in case it disrupts gameplay more than it benefits them).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why does something being a graphical user interface mean it should have more than 1 mouse cursor? It's not something that's very useful for 99.99% of users.
    Actually it's useful for 68.749548767% of users. The rest are Luddites.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    I 5-man box and you can either go with HotKey, which is free but requires you to find script to set it up.

I personally use ISBoxer, which its a great program, sets up everything I need and requires very little effort. It's a subscription based Boxing program but it works amazingly well.

You only need 1 keyboard and 1 mouse, and preferably 2 monitors, so they're nice and big and easy to see everything, but it can be done on 1 monitor.

You can also check out PWNBoxer. I started out with that but had some issues with it, mainly mouse broadcasting to all instances.

Also, make sure you setup some macro's on each character in-game, mainly

/focus *Leader*
    /follow *Leader*

and for most spells

/assist *Leader*
    /cast *Spellname*
    ISBoxer is definitely the best I have used. I mostly use it with Diablo, but they make it easy to get started with any game you want to multibox. Multi-monitors make it a lot more enjoyable, but it is still usable with one monitor (laptop).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomemonster View Post
    ISBoxer is definitely the best I have used. I mostly use it with Diablo, but they make it easy to get started with any game you want to multibox. Multi-monitors make it a lot more enjoyable, but it is still usable with one monitor (laptop).
    I used ISBoxer as well. Important thing for you is that you don't pick a program that has any automated functions. I ran with 2 screen, one displaying the main character, and one displaying all the others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Alright, thanks for all the info guys! It sounds like ISBoxer is the best bet to help send key presses between both clients. Thanks so much guys!

Deleted
    Not many people are ambidextrous. Even fewer of those people can actually split their attention between two tasks simultaneously. It's really not useful for anyone, but I was being nice and left room for some moron who is entertained by two cursors.
    Actually I was being quite nice too deciding against comments such as having the attention spans of goldfish,aspirations lower than console peasants,apple fanboys and their 1 button mice,stunted mental midgets who would complain an Atari joystick is too complex, people that complain the Wiis motion controls involve too much effort because it could involve swinging their coach potato bingo wings about, VR is bad because it's too much like witchcraft and it scares them, extras from idiocracy that have managed to travel through space and time to arrive in our dimension etc.

People not being ambidextrous is flawed argument when there is just so much evidence against it, even typing out this post proves my point as I doubt posters are just using one hand to write their messages.

I found this thread which covers the topic with some choice quotes.
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...tiple-desktops

No one really cared about using touch on cell phones until apple made it user friendly. Build the capability then let the people with vision figure out if they can make it more or less efficient than the existing tech.

I'm pretty sure multiple pointers with the right innovations will allow for a more productive environment, not a less productive one.
    Using one cursor with two monitors is like trying to pedal a bike using just one leg. Sure, it's possible... and from your opinion having only one pedal is simplicity of design. But why wouldn't we want something better? And when the idea of something better comes along, why would anyone discourage its development as you are trying to do?
    Your argument that it would be confusing to the average user is an insult to users everywhere. The first time someone used the keyboard was confusing, but eventually most people get the hang of it. It's called the learning curve. Just admit that you are afraid of change and you don't want to have to learn something new. You're too old to learn quickly and are afraid that you will become a useless has been. Well too late! As you are trying to put an anchor on progress and improvements, you are already worse than useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BassZ1890 View Post
    Alright, thanks for all the info guys! It sounds like ISBoxer is the best bet to help send key presses between both clients. Thanks so much guys!

It sounds like the exact opposite for those that value customization. Open-source and open-community projects that have reached success and feature-rich status appear to be always a good bet to at least try them. A proprietary paid service that does not have more features after a fully customized alternative appears to be a good choice for those that want to avoid customization manually though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not many people are ambidextrous. Even fewer of those people can actually split their attention between two tasks simultaneously. It's really not useful for anyone, but I was being nice and left room for some moron who is entertained by two cursors.
    This coin-op upright might serve as a good filter for those with 2-mouse potential

http://www.robotron2084guidebook.com...s-Robotron.png
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Jeffyman, did you just call someone a "console peasant"?
    I... I almost did Nymrohd. It was ghastly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It sounds like the exact opposite for those that value customization. Open-source and open-community projects that have reached success and feature-rich status appear to be always a good bet to at least try them. A proprietary paid service that does not have more features after a fully customized alternative appears to be a good choice for those that want to avoid customization manually though.
    Sadly a lot of the smaller projects has automated actions as well, some you have to dig in and find yourself to disable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    This coin-op upright might serve as a good filter for those with 2-mouse potential

http://www.robotron2084guidebook.com...s-Robotron.png
    I do miss the old arcade days..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I plan on getting ISBoxer today. Want to get an account full of Hunter Alts to do garrison Barn on a large scale until Legion release. Possibly after if the Barn retains it's value of being able to unload Bloods to trader for 50g a blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    BLoods might also have some value for people who want to collect the crafting items for mog, they look pretty damn cool and you know since there is a counter that some people will be compelled to catch them all.
    Still, the value beats out anything else. I did a calculation the other day and what I plan to do will net me 110,000g per week at Vendor values. When I say Vendor Values, I'm referring to getting a trading post and trading 1 Savage Blood for 1 Bloody Coin Pouch and to do it would only take 1 hour per character group, so about 11 hours of farming to make 110,000g and selling it to vendor. Can't go wrong, but I suspect the Bloody Coin Pouch gets removed if they plan on removing other WoD sources of gold too.

I believe they almost always use autohotkey. I'm not surprised of the uproar you mentioned by the way. In my opinion Blizzard would not allow the practice if it wasn't profitable (or if they didn't believe it isn't in case it disrupts gameplay more than it benefits them).
    Do not listen to this person. Nobody that is serious about multiboxing would use something as shitty as autohotkey. You either use ISBoxer and multibox or you dont multibox at all

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to use multiple computers, there's something called Input Director works amazingly. If you're doing it on one pc you use autohotkey. I have a script that works for two characters.

ClonesPush(strKeys)
    {
    global WowWinId1
    global WowWinId2

IfWinNotActive, ahk_id %WowWinId1%
    ControlSend, , %strKeys%, ahk_id %WowWinId1%
    IfWinNotActive, ahk_id %WowWinId2%
    ControlSend, , %strKeys%, ahk_id %WowWinId2%
    }

;Grab unique window ID's
    WinGet, WowWinId, List, World of Warcraft

; *******************************
    ; *** Only if WoW is in focus ***
    ; *******************************
    #IfWinActive, World of Warcraft

; *** Suspends HotKeys while typing on main ***
    ~Enter::Suspend, Toggle
    ~/::Suspend, On
    ~Escape::Suspend, Off

; *******************
    ; *** Hotbars 1-0 ***
    ; *******************
    ~space::ClonesPush("{space down}{space up}")
    ~shift::ClonesPush("{shift down}{shift up}")
    ~F1::ClonesPush("{F1 down}{F1 up}")
    ~F2::ClonesPush("{F2 down}{F2 up}")
    ~F3::ClonesPush("{F3 down}{F3 up}")
    ~0::ClonesPush("{0 down}{0 up}")
    ~1::ClonesPush("{1 down}{1 up}")
    ~2::ClonesPush("{2 down}{2 up}")
    ~3::ClonesPush("{3 down}{3 up}")
    ~4::ClonesPush("{4 down}{4 up}")
    ~5::ClonesPush("{5 down}{5 up}")
    ~6::ClonesPush("{6 down}{6 up}")
    ~7::ClonesPush("{7 down}{7 up}")
    ~8::ClonesPush("{8 down}{8 up}")
    ~9::ClonesPush("{9 down}{9 up}")
    ~-::ClonesPush("{- down}{- up}")
    ~=::ClonesPush("{= down}{= up}")
    ~c::ClonesPush("{c down}{c up}")
    ~e::ClonesPush("{e down}{e up}")
    ~f::ClonesPush("{f down}{f up}")
    ~s::ClonesPush("{s down}{s up}")
    ~v::ClonesPush("{v down}{v up}")
    ~x::ClonesPush("{x down}{x up}")
    This script includes f1,f2,f3 Numbers 1-0, and c,e,f,s,v,x

To add more keys, you just copy this line
    ~x::ClonesPush("{x down}{x up}")
    And replace the 3 x's with whatever key you wante.

For example if i wanted to add the p key

the line would look like this.
    ~p::ClonesPush("{p down}{p up}")
    I'd write that line and add it at the bottom of the script.
    you could add the entire keyboard if you wanted to. I haven't figured out how to send the alt and shift keys.

So you got a script, you need to get autohotkey.
    Install autohotkey, run it, in your task bar find the autohotkey icon. Rigt click it, click "edit this script", delete the text in the window that pops up, paste the script above into hotkey. Save the script. Go back to your auto hot key icon in the task bar. Right click the ahk icon and click "reload the script".

Launch your two copies of wow. Now you're sending all those keystorkes to both copies of wow.

I bind /follow (main character's name) to the secondary character's w key so every time I press that the character follows the main character.

Works good and it's free. Alt tab between accounts to loot items and such.

I don't know why w isn't in the script, i must have a newer one somewhere. I have been using input director for multiboxing lately and it's a better easier way, but need multiple computers to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I didn't write the script, but can't credit the person who did because I don't remember where I got it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    You either use ISBoxer and multibox or you dont multibox at all

Can you list what can not be done on autohotkey that would prevent everyone from using it as optimally as ISBoxer after it's setup properly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you list what can not be done on autohotkey that would prevent everyone from using it as optimally as ISBoxer after it's setup properly?
    Maybe it sends alt and shift modifiers. I can't figure out how to get autohotkey to do that. If anyone knows how to get it to send a held shift and alt I woud find that very useful.

From what I gather, ISBoxer launches new windows in almost a VM like setting that allows you to allocate resources. When I started looking into multiboxing last week so I could do a ton of barn orders across multiple toons, the one problem I was having was when WoW is in Windowed mode, I would get hangups when that window isn't selected.

Switching to Windowed-Fullscreen helps with this, however, being that I only have two monitors, it would limit me to two multiboxing windows with the others being behind.

ISBoxer allows you to launch multiple windows in a fullscreen mode so they won't hang and it also allows easy switching of characters. So if your main screen character were to die, it's easier to switch to another character and continue playing (and if you're like me, where you plan to do 1 character on main window and 4 on secondary window, it will switch the new main character to the main window)